kat973

Error 1316: The specified account already exists.

Hi, I downloaded the latest Security Scan and tried to install it. It wasn't successful because I already had KSS installed. Went to the Control Panel to uninstall the program but, kept getting

Error 1316: The specified account already exists

I downloaded Kaspersky Remover, boot to safe mode and uninstalled using the Remover. It said everything removed. But, when I look at the Control Panel, I still see Kaspersky Securiity Scan on the program list. When I tried uninstalling it there, it won't let me because I am in safe mode. So, I rebooted. Went to the control panel and still see KSS there. Again tried to uninstall and again got the error 1316. I tried installing again but got the same message that I can't install since a version already exists on the computer.

How can I uninstall the old KSS from my computer and install a clean copy? Thanks!

Welcome. And you are trying to do what?

Please tell us what you are attempting to do, and what the desired result is.

Please list the steps you are doing.

Also, your IE home page is junked up. Please download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it on your Desktop.

Right click the file that you saved and Run as administrator, press the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.

When the scan is complete, the report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].Txt

Please attach AdwCleaner[R0].Txt to your next post.

Welcome. And you are trying to do what?

Please tell us what you are attempting to do, and what the desired result is.

Please list the steps you are doing.

Also, your IE home page is junked up. Please download AdwCleaner (by Xplode) and save it on your Desktop.

Right click the file that you saved and Run as administrator, press the Scan button and wait for the scan to complete.

When the scan is complete, the report will be saved in the following location: C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R0].Txt

Please attach AdwCleaner[R0].Txt to your next post.

Hi,

Firstly thanks for taking time to reply to the query.

What i am trying to do is to update my Kaspersky internet Security Application.

I went to the website and downloaded the latest product update .exe file and clicked on it.The setup checked for available updates, found a newer version and then when it completed the download, the error popped up.

I have fixed the IE homepage .Thanks for the Heads up.

I have attached the report and the screen shot of the error along with this message

Thanks

log.rar

You're welcome. You have the most current version and most current build of Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2.361 installed already. No further upgrade action is needed for Kaspersky Internet Security 2015.

It looks like you cleaned up some junk with Adwcleaner. Any issue remaining?

You're welcome. You have the most current version and most current build of Kaspersky Internet Security 15.0.2.361 installed already. No further upgrade action is needed for Kaspersky Internet Security 2015.

It looks like you cleaned up some junk with Adwcleaner. Any issue remaining?

That's all.Thanks for all your help

Edited by richbuff
You're welcome; I am glad that this is resolved. This is closed as resolved; please post anew if need be. :)