Sign in to follow this  
u.kask

Issue with authentication agent when laptop docked [In progress]

Hi,

Ran into this issue with a couple of Dell laptops running with FDE:

When the laptop is docked and I am entering password for the authentication agent, the keystrokes are not registered properly. I type my whole password, hit enter and then can wait pretty much forever with nothing happening. When I move my mouse across the screen a few times, the password starts to appear and after some mouse movements later I get logged in.

When I have lid opened and use the builtin keyboard, there are no such issues.

When the laptop is undocked and i'm using the builtin keyboard, there are no issues.

Undocked, with peripherials attached, using external mouse and keyboard, also no issues.

Laptop in question is Latitude E7440 (all 4 I have had this issue with, have no access to other laptops currently) and the dock is Dell E/Port 0PKDGR.

Update: Also tested with Eport 0PDXXF and the issue is reproducible with that as well.

Hi,

Ran into this issue with a couple of Dell laptops running with FDE:

When the laptop is docked and I am entering password for the authentication agent, the keystrokes are not registered properly. I type my whole password, hit enter and then can wait pretty much forever with nothing happening. When I move my mouse across the screen a few times, the password starts to appear and after some mouse movements later I get logged in.

When I have lid opened and use the builtin keyboard, there are no such issues.

When the laptop is undocked and i'm using the builtin keyboard, there are no issues.

Undocked, with peripherials attached, using external mouse and keyboard, also no issues.

Laptop in question is Latitude E7440 (all 4 I have had this issue with, have no access to other laptops currently) and the dock is Dell E/Port 0PKDGR.

Hello.

Please note that the forum beta testing is over now. A similar issue has been reported for the beta (regarding the need to press Enter twice to log in), which is about to be fixed in the next release (SP2).

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.