allanr

Network Problem with 10.0.32.17

I've created a fresh Rescue USB stick with version 10.0.32.17 (22Jan'15) of the Rescue ISO. Althought it boots ok, no network connection is created.

Reverting to image 10.0.31.4 (21Dec’12) gives correct boot and full network connection including Internet (Auto eth0). I don't have any other versions between these dates to try. I've replicated the fault on both a Vista and Win7 PC.

Is anyone else experencing this network problem and are there any clues as to what might be causing it / how to fix it?

Allan.

Let me re-phrase my original question -

Is anybody able to boot their Win 7 / Vista PC using a current Rescue USB stick and get normal Internet access e.g. to update the definitions or visit the Kaspersky home page?

The update of the data base works perfectly on my computers running Windows 7 or 8.1, respectively. It doesn't matter whether the computer is booted by the CD or the USB stick.

Both computers are connected by an ethernet adapter to the router. I suppose that your computer is connected by a WLAN adapter that is not supported by the KRD. To my knowledge only a limited number of WLAN adapter types are supported.

I've tried again with a fresh download of the rescue.iso (10.0.32.17), and it still fails to give a network connection on both my PCs.

Everything else works - mouse, file manager etc, just no network connection, so no definition updates possible. Both machines use wired ethernet.

If I revert to an older image e.g. 10.0.31.4, the network connections work correctly. So something has changed between the versions, but what?

Any clues anyone?

Same problem here, can't get network connection to work.

Is there a way to install my network driver while in KRD?

Thanks

Same problem here, can't get network connection to work.

Is there a way to install my network driver while in KRD?

Thanks

I have the same problem,I cant connect with the internet when the disk has booted? Why hasn't anyone answered this question? It has remained unanswered here since the beginning of the year! I thought that these posts would be perused by Kaperskys programmers and troubleshooters for quality control but apparently not? If they cant do basic things like that, what hope is there for anyone trying to remove a virus from their machine? Hopeless. :bs: :dash1:

post-551219-1428307115_thumb.jpg

I had the same problem.  I just kept believing that it should work, so I kept hitting the update button and it finally did.

I went in and out several times, and then just kept hitting the update button... and to my surprise, it just started updating.

I did have to switch from Wifi to wired adaptor first.

2 часа назад, alwaysLearning сказал:

I had the same problem.  I just kept believing that it should work, so I kept hitting the update button and it finally did.

I went in and out several times, and then just kept hitting the update button... and to my surprise, it just started updating.

I did have to switch from Wifi to wired adaptor first.

Try to use new Kaspersky Rescue Disk 2018 - it has firmware for Wi-Fi adapters.