markf2748

avp.exe and avpui.exe low level disk activity in KIS 2015

KIS 2015 Ver 15.0.1.415 on Win 8.1 64-bit.

When computer is essentially idle:

avpui.exe does a disk read every 4 seconds.

It mostly keeps reading the KIS files system.data.sqlite.dll.config and reports.db

avp.exe does a disk read every 2 seconds.

It mostly keeps reading the KIS files g_objdt.dat and reports.db-wal

I do not like it when a program re-reads the same files on disk over and over again every few seconds.

Is this activity normal for KIS?

Is there any way to reduce the frequency of this repetitive disk activity?

Edited by markf2748

Searching forum for "avp disk" reveals this problem was reported several times in the 2008-2011 time frame.

Never goes away, no resolutions?

BTW, the disk activity is immediately revealed by sysinternals Process Monitor. KIS repetitive disk activity is confirmed by Windows Task Manager, whether or not Process Monitor is running. And I can hear the disk activity when neither of these processes is running. As reported years ago, turning off nearly all features of KIS does not change matters.

Edited by markf2748

I had similar issue, while the AVP.exe had frequently disk access every second. I tried the latest KIS (15.0.1.415b) and the issue was solved. Make sure to follow the proper procedure to uninstall the old version first, but not upgrade it over the existing old version. Good luck.

Is this activity normal for KIS?

Is there any way to reduce the frequency of this repetitive disk activity?

And this is a problem exactly why?? Open a call via my.kaspersky.com and let Tech Support know.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.