I now have KIS but wondered why it seems to be the last thing to load when I start my PC. When I open KIS it says it is "Loading Application" and the green bar is moving along the box. I can actually go on the internet before it finishes loading. Is this normal? Thanks. ,

Edited by Fedupwiththis

Thank You I shall try that.

Tried that but no different, Kaspersky is still loading after everything else. But thanks for trying to help me.

uncheck box Concede resources to operating system when the computer starts.

http://support.kaspersky.com/11214

any better?

Using KIS14, KIS15MR1 and now KIS15MR2, I too receive the 'application is loading' notification when opening the GUI. This always occurs after boot up and logging into a Windows Vista 'administrator' or 'standard' account; it doesn't matter which. Furthermore, it always occurs when swapping between user accounts. I can't recall if it happened with KIS13 or before.

I've never had the 'Concede resources to operating system when the computer starts' box checked in any version of KIS.

GSI available if needed.

I've never had the 'Concede resources to operating system when the computer starts' box checked in any version of KIS. GSI available if needed.

Hi,

for precisely this reason, a GSI is required. In order to analyze the cause of the startup delay occurring is possible. Otherwise, we can only guess.

Bye.

KM

Using KIS14, KIS15MR1 and now KIS15MR2, I too receive the 'application is loading' notification when opening the GUI. This always occurs after boot up and logging into a Windows Vista 'administrator' or 'standard' account; it doesn't matter which. Furthermore, it always occurs when swapping between user accounts. I can't recall if it happened with KIS13 or before.

I've never had the 'Concede resources to operating system when the computer starts' box checked in any version of KIS.

Hi

GSI report: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...4fcd328298640d1

Regarding incompatible software in the report:

- I have run the norton removal tool several times and manually searched and removed any reference to symantec, norton or geardrvs but the GSI tool keeps managing to find reference to it.

- the 'appoint' running process has only become an issue now with the installation of KIS15MR2; i.e. KIS15MR1 didn't have a problem with it as indicated by previous GSI reports. Therefore, whatever is going on with the application is loading notification, predates the current MR2 problem in respect of 'appoint'.

The app... is loading notification could be related to the presence of geardrvs but apparently not connected to the concede resources... function, assuming the box being 'unchecked' truly does mean the function is turned off, thereby allowing kis to load early in the boot process as intended.

any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by totallybaffled

Hi,

You can find instructions to manual remove GEAR drivers here --> http://www.gearsoftware.com/wiki/index.php...nd_Windows_2000

The message that KIS is loading refers to the availability of the GUI. First, the process 'avp.exe' with the system is started and thus the protection of the system is ensured. The process 'avpui.exe' is only responsible for the user interface and always lagging behind. It's not pretty, but worry you do not have to make you so.

On the W7x64-system my wife often gets the message mentioned another 15 minutes after startup. Referred to in post #2 option is disabled on your system.

Bye.

KM

Hi,

You can find instructions to manual remove GEAR drivers here --> http://www.gearsoftware.com/wiki/index.php...nd_Windows_2000

The message that KIS is loading refers to the availability of the GUI. First, the process 'avp.exe' with the system is started and thus the protection of the system is ensured. The process 'avpui.exe' is only responsible for the user interface and always lagging behind. It's not pretty, but worry you do not have to make you so.

On the W7x64-system my wife often gets the message mentioned another 15 minutes after startup. Referred to in post #2 option is disabled on your system.

Bye.

KM

Hi

Thanks for your help.

That's the 'geardrvs' problem hopefully sorted out then, along with an explanation for the delayed GUI.

However, what about the 'appoint' running process possibly conflicting with KIS15MR2? Apparently, it's to do with the touch pad on my Laptop, so if I remove it, I can't use the touchpad, so it's a problem to say the least.

Any thoughts?

Edited by totallybaffled

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.