Under the installation of kis MP2, I see that it creates a map here C:\kav

Can I safely delete this map after KIS has been installed ?

It's just a temp map it creates for installing right ?

Edited by Sall

Can I safely delete this map after KIS has been installed ?

Good question !

Yeh - I would like to know the answer to that one too.

Thanks.

I guess it's safe to delete it, I just got rid of it after I installed KIS6 and everything works flawlessly...

Sall->

I was thinking about this too,but I dared not delete it before I saw this thread so thanks for asking.. :)

I deleted it yesteday and it seems its just a temp.folder,that not even all get when they install KIS.

So out it goes.

It is just a temporary folder, safe to delete.

Two things I'm not sure about: It could be needed if you do a repair installation (the MSI installer package is stored in this folder) or an upgrade to a newer version of Kaspersky (MP3 for example; again the MSI could be needed). :)

I never had that folder with the disc install of .411 but believe it's only left after a web install on some machines, I would think its ok to remove but I'm not 100% sure, it could have been the cause of some of the troubles some people have had with installing .614 over the old version of .411 as it had data KIS/KAV needed like SSK said. I think I'll probably leave it. If its not broken don't fix it as the say.

I had the same folder with .411 and i have the same folder even with 614.

Now that i am running .614 i remove the folder containing .411 and i have ONLY .614.

But if i remember well about a month ago when i asked about the same BUT regarding .411 DON told me that it was safe to DELETE IT.

Regards

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.