Sign in to follow this  
fleon

Missing "grant access" button in KSC 10 MR1 with KES 10.2 [In progress]

I am trying to test the temporary access feature to allow removable drives, and each guide i have found says that the administrator should do the following:

"In the the Properties window of the client computer, on the Tasks tab, open the Device Control properties and click Grant access"

I am the admin, and there's no Grant Access button. This is on kaspersky security center 10 MR1 10.1.249.

It happens only on clients with endpoint security 10.2.1.23, on 8.1.0.831 clients and 8.1.0.1042 clients i can see the grant access buttons.

On both 10.2 and 8.1 policies i have enabled the checkbox "allow request for temporary access" checked.

I attached two screenshots from KSC with clients KES 8.1 and 10.2.

SUGGESTION: in a future version, make the admin be able to grant access directly from the "User requests" event option, that will remove the cumbersome process of emailing the .akey files

post-424510-1415305503_thumb.jpg

post-424510-1415305514_thumb.jpg

I am trying to test the temporary access feature to allow removable drives, and each guide i have found says that the administrator should do the following:

"In the the Properties window of the client computer, on the Tasks tab, open the Device Control properties and click Grant access"

I am the admin, and there's no Grant Access button. This is on kaspersky security center 10 MR1 10.1.249.

It happens only on clients with endpoint security 10.2.1.23, on 8.1.0.831 clients and 8.1.0.1042 clients i can see the grant access buttons.

On both 10.2 and 8.1 policies i have enabled the checkbox "allow request for temporary access" checked.

I attached two screenshots from KSC with clients KES 8.1 and 10.2.

SUGGESTION: in a future version, make the admin be able to grant access directly from the "User requests" event option, that will remove the cumbersome process of emailing the .akey files

Hello,

This topic probably will help you.

Thanks.

While right clicking on the machine and using the autonomous mode option works, from a UI point of view this is a bug. Nowhere on your documentation says that this is the way to do it, and for consistency the same method (properties on the device control task) should work on all versions that are compatible with the same agent version.

This should be fixed. I'm a programmer myself and i think you can internally map the button's function to the autonomous menu option if that's the only way to handle this, and it shouldn't be needed. Maybe you can fix this just in time for SP1.

In the referenced topic, you guys were unable to help the user out, he had to find this option himself.

The link http://support.kaspersky.com/learning/cour...2.98/chapter3.3 contains info that doesn't work for KES 10.2.1.23

While right clicking on the machine and using the autonomous mode option works, from a UI point of view this is a bug. Nowhere on your documentation says that this is the way to do it, and for consistency the same method (properties on the device control task) should work on all versions that are compatible with the same agent version.

This should be fixed. I'm a programmer myself and i think you can internally map the button's function to the autonomous menu option if that's the only way to handle this, and it shouldn't be needed. Maybe you can fix this just in time for SP1.

In the referenced topic, you guys were unable to help the user out, he had to find this option himself.

The link http://support.kaspersky.com/learning/cour...2.98/chapter3.3 contains info that doesn't work for KES 10.2.1.23

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Could you post it to this topic please.

You kaspersky guys are good at troubleshooting or assisting in older versions. Whilst we were using them there was no help/ solutions. Now this too is current no help. maybe we will get assistance when you have kaspersky 15. Disappointed customer.

EUGENE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS GRANT ACCESS BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!