I was running a full scan with the option of "Scan only ..files" an left for awhile. When I returned there was a notification that Kaspersky had encountered a problem and had to shut down.

The system was frozen and I had to shut off power to shut down. I restarted but KAV and other programs did not show in the tray as active, and I again had to shut down, although I could do it through START.

I again started the system and got the following message.

This is the same as one I got when I first installed MP2, and at least one other user has had the same notification.

I wonder if I should go back to .411 until some bugs are worked out so that I can use it?

Or maybe unnstall and reinstall, but I wonder if this is a bug that the developers need to work out?

Regards,

Jerry

post-5785-1170379342.jpg

Navigate here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

Attach both files with a .dmp extention here

:)

Edited by Whizard

Navigate here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab

Attach both files with a .dmp extention here

:)

Hi Whizard,

I found the path, but cannot attach them here. It times out. I think they are too large. The mini dump is 1.12 MB, and the full dump is 65.5 mb.

Sorry, but I did learn something, even though it failed. :)

It is time for us old folks to get to bed. I'll try whatever you suggest tomorrow.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by JerryM

Hi,all

The same error dialog “Previous Launch of KAV failed” appeared on my computer soon after I installed KIS 6.0 MP2.. :huh:

When my computer booted, my computer seemed freezing for a few minutes and when KIS booted ,this error dialog appeared.

I felt I was a bother to contact KL support team partly because I’m using other FW.

So I uninstalled KIS 6.0 MP2 and installed KIS6.0 MP2 again and applied the patch to fix the problem of long boot delay of KAV.

(This patch is distributed in the following topic.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=30501)

Now it seems stable and the boot delay program is completely fixed. and the dialog has never appeared since then (January 30). :D

I don’t know why this error occurred and why this error is fixed on my computer at all..

For reference.

Edited by Chataro

Hi Whizard,

I found the path, but cannot attach them here. It times out. I think they are too large. The mini dump  is 1.12 MB, and the full dump is 65.5 mb.

It is time for us old folks to get to bed. I'll try whatever you suggest tomorrow.

Best,

Jerry

Compress the .dmp files with an archiever, like 7-zip (www.7-zip.org) or IZArc (www.izarc.org) which are free archievers. Then upload the compressed file here.

Edited by tigertron

Hi Whizard,

I found the path, but cannot attach them here. It times out. I think they are too large. The mini dump  is 1.12 MB, and the full dump is 65.5 mb.

Best,

Jerry

Hi,

please upload both of archived dump files to this FTP-Server:

ftp://kav2006dump:zpJRMUmvpJUdKnYq@data.kaspersky.ru

please specify the name of archieve file

Compress the .dmp files with an archiever, like 7-zip (www.7-zip.org) or IZArc (www.izarc.org) which are free archievers. Then upload the compressed file here.

Hi,

I will be gone for several hours, but thought I would see what this is about. I right clicked on one of the dmp files with 7-zip. The options I saw were.

Open Archive

Extract files

Extract here

Test archive

Add to archive.

I did not see anything that I thought was what I need. Is "Add to archive" what I want to do?

After I do that do I save it to desktop so I can send it?

I may need some prompting to get this done, but hopefully it will help MP2.

Vit-ozz,

I went to the site, and do not understand how to "upload both of archived dump files to this FTP-Server:"

Once I have the files archived, or whatever, what is the method of uploading?

Sorry for my lack of understanding here, but we'll get it done with your help.

When I graduated from engineering school we used slide rules, so bear with me.

I HOPE.

Be back in a few hours.

Regards,

Jerry

I did not see anything that I thought was what I need. Is "Add to archive" what I want to do?

Yes. Add all dump files to the same archive, and put a readme file in it with a description of the problem and a link to this thread.

After I do that do I save it to desktop so I can send it?

Or to another folder... Just remember were you store them :)

Vit-ozz,

I went to the site, and do not understand how to "upload both of archived dump files to this FTP-Server:"

Once I have the files archived, or whatever, what is the method of uploading?

Go with EXPLORER (NOT IE) to: ftp://data.kaspersky.ru

click file -> login as

Username: kav2006dump

Password: zpJRMUmvpJUdKnYq

then simply copy the zip file in the main screen. You cannot see the files once uploaded.

Good luck! :)

I was running a full scan with the option of "Scan only ..files" an left for awhile. When I returned there was a notification that Kaspersky had encountered a problem and had to shut down.

The system was frozen and I had to shut off power to shut down. I restarted but KAV and other programs did not show in the tray as active, and I again had to shut down, although I could do it through START.

I again started the system and got the following message.

This is the same as one I got when I first installed MP2, and at least one other user has had the same notification.

I wonder if I should go back to .411 until some bugs are worked out so that I can use it?

Or maybe unnstall and reinstall, but I wonder if this is a bug that the developers need to work out?

Regards,

Jerry

Did you do a complete uninstall, reboot, then install MP2 or?

Did you do a complete uninstall, reboot, then install MP2 or?

Yes I did a complete uninstall and used the removal tool, and rebooted and installed MP2.

I am archiving the dmp files, but do not see how to get them out of the 7-zip archive to where I thought I wanted them. I'll work with it awhile and see if I can figure it out.

When I click move it defaults to Doc and Settings, etc. Is that where I want it, and can I find it and retrieve it? I made a folder on my desktop to save the files, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get them there.

KAV is giving a lot of trouble with not starting, and just now it warned that some of the components were not active, and when I opened it I found that PDM was not active. I disabled it. I think when I get the files sent, if I can accomplish that, I am going to go back to .411. This one is causing enough trouble that I cannot use the machine sometimes.

If I archive the files, can I then uninstall KAV?

Thanks,

Jerry

Yes. Add all dump files to the same archive, and put a readme file in it with a description of the problem and a link to this thread.

click file -> login as

then simply copy the zip file in the main screen. You cannot see the files once uploaded.

I have archived all the dmp files, but don't know how to add them to the same archive. I see one zip file in thedoc and settings Kaspersky folder. I don't know if only one or all are in there. When I go to the 7-zip manager I do not see a way to look at the individual dmp files. I suppose that when I go to the file in the Kaspersky folder and bring up the menu, select 7-zip then open archive I see the file I have clicked on.

I also do not know how to "Go with EXPLORER (NOT IE) to:"

Maybe I am not savvy enough to get this done, considering your available time. If you want to discontinue this, and maybe someone with more knowledge can get it done, that is OK. I know there is at least one other post somewhere here with the same problem.

Best,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Explorer means Windows Explorer (you can open it by clicking My Documents or My Computer etc.) Just type the ftp://data.kaspersky.ru in the address space and press enter. Then click on file (upper right hand corner) and were back to the earlier instructions.

Now about the zip file. You have 7zip right?

Make a readme text file with you problem description (just use notepad to make that text file) in the Kaspersky folder right next to the log files.

Select all log-files + readme file, them right click on them -> 7-Zip -> add to archive.

Press on the button with the three small dots in the upper left hand corner. A browse window opens. Now browse to the Desktop, and enter a file name (something like Jerry_20070202_launch_crash) and press open.

You will be back at the 7-Zip window. Set archive format to zip, then press ok. Voila, zip is made :).

I tried the KIS MP2 on Vista Ultimate 64 bit, but that was not a joy at all. KIS makes the PC slow like a snail in need. The whole thing is slow after installing and the internet is getting very slow especially. It seems that KIS needs some work for Vista.

click file -> login as

Thanks. I zipped the file. I am not sure I got all of them, but I will add if not, and if necessary.

My confusion about Explorer is that I do not see an address bar or a way to get from Explorer to the address. All I see when I open Explorer is a list of files and folders, but no way to go to the ftp address.

Where do I find how to send from Explorer?

Thanks,

Jerry

at the top, where it says the directory you're in... type in the FTP address there.

Also remember to upload a file which says what was the problem and how it happened.

at the top, where it says the directory you're in... type in the FTP address there.

Also remember to upload a file which says what was the problem and how it happened.

I have advanced to the point where I have the address bar, that was hidden, but when I put the address in, and it goes to the site it ends up in IE, and the file dropdown has no option to sign in.

At the suggestion of a friend I downloaded filezilla. Should I use that to go to the ftp address, or am I missing something else in Explorer?

Thanks,

Jerry AKA Troublezilla

Edited by JerryM

Upload your dumps to RapidShare.com do not forget to compress them with RAR. That FTP is for Beta dumps, and since MP2 is a public release you would need to contact support or attach the dumps here.

Upload your dumps to RapidShare.com do not forget to compress them with RAR. That FTP is for Beta dumps, and since MP2 is a public release you would need to contact support or attach the dumps here.

Hi Whizard

I don't know how to compress with RAR. If I already have it as part of Windows, I have no idea where it is.

I am about to decide I am in over my head on all this, but I'll make this try.

Added I notice that the limit on the site is 100MB. The file I have is 372 mb. Will the compression take care of that with this zip file?

Thanks,

Jerry

Edited by JerryM

Greetings Jerry,

You can definately try a zip compression. Although to my experience WinRar was better (RarLabs.com)

Thanks, Ron. I have uninstalled MP2 and gone back to MP1.

I tried to get just the dmp files out of the large zip file, but I seem to be unable to do that and since I uninstalled MP2, the files are messed up.

I think I am going to have to give it up, and Hopefully it will all get fixed.

Best,

Jerry

Thanks, Ron. I have uninstalled MP2 and gone back to MP1.

I tried to get just the dmp files out of the large zip file, but I seem to be unable to do that and since I uninstalled MP2, the files are messed up.

I think I am going to have to give it up, and Hopefully it will all get fixed.

Best,

Jerry

I think thats the best option for you right now, it can be really annoying if there are small niggling issue's to fight when you actually have a fully functioning alternative in 411, it should be fixed within a a week or two with a hotfix, this always happens when a new version is released......some will see issue's others do not see and a hotfix is usually released within the first couple of weeks after a release. :)

I think thats the best option for you right now, it can be really annoying if there are small niggling issue's to fight when you actually have a fully functioning alternative in 411, it should be fixed within a a week or two with a hotfix, this always happens when a new version is released......some will see issue's others do not see and a hotfix is usually released within the first couple of weeks after a release. :)

Don,

Thanks. I feel a little guilty that I was not able to help as much as I should. I am sure it will get straightened out in time, and I will keep using it. The 411 is running great.

Best,

Jerry

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.