SAJFLAD

Can't access Outlook Web App email account after installing kis15MR1

Hi

Since installing kis15MR1 a couple of days ago, I now cannot access my web based email account (which uses Outlook Web App) at this address: h ttps://mymail.rgu.ac.uk/ using IE9 and Vista, which I could do previously.

at the login page I can enter the login details but after pressing login the page goes blank and eventually it says something went wrong, try later. I called the account administrator (the Univ) who said they can log in no problem, so they'll have a look into it but don't think it's a system problem. Furthermore, I can still access the account using google chrome. The only thing that's changed is using vs MR1.

Any ideas please.

PS I had problems accessing gumtree and was advised to add the site to anti banner which solved that problem. I tried disabling ant-banner altogether but still can't access the email account.

Have you tried to disable safe money also? Or Scanning of encrypted connections? Also, sometimes after changing AB settings, it is necessary to clear browser cache.

Have you tried to disable safe money also? Or Scanning of encrypted connections? Also, sometimes after changing AB settings, it is necessary to clear browser cache.

Thanks rudger79, I disabled safe money, AB (then clearing the browser cache) and scanning of encrypted connections but I still can't access the email account. The only thing that's changed is using MR1, with all the settings the same as in vs ...463 (or whatever it was).

I can access both sites with MR1 installed. I don't use AB or safe money though.

Maybe a GSI would be useful.

I can access both sites with MR1 installed. I don't use AB or safe money though.

Maybe a GSI would be useful.

Hi

GSI: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...71823927c83485b

You say you can access both sites but I obviously don't know to what extent you can access the RGU site. On the RGU site you would need a student number and password to access the email account. I can access the login page and enter the student number and password; then when clicking login, the page changes to the page that starting outlook web app, it's then after a few seconds the web page error occured. This suggests it's not a password problem denying access.

I have since tried disabling AB, safe money and scanning encrypted connections, then rebooted, then tried again but get the same problem on the RGU site. I can however, access an outlook.com website which according to the uni is a seperate system with microsoft from their (RGU) email system which uses a hotmail based account (outlook web app). This problem has been since installing MR1, whereas I could access the account using IE9, vista and kis15...463.

I see in a different posting (http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file=2bdc07a4cf7476d8171823927c83485b) that a user in Australia was advised by kasp not to install kis15...415 as they would not be supported because ...415 is not released in Australia yet. I installed ...415 from the USA website but am in the UK, therefore, could my problem with the email be an issue with using a USA release in the UK? Moreover, as a rule of thumb, should we only use a version that is released specifically in the country we're in?

Edited by totallybaffled

If you exit KIS can you access that site? Also, try resetting IE 9 or install IE version 10.

If you exit KIS can you access that site? Also, try resetting IE 9 or install IE version 10.

When you say exit kis, that means there will be no protection from anything on the internet doesn't it?

Re, IE10, according to microsoft, IE9 is the highest you can go on Vista i.e. IE10 or 11 won't work; I've tried to download 10/11 but the microsoft site keeps coming back to a vista page showing 9.

I'll have a go at resetting IE9.

Thanks.

PS thanks also for the info re US version in UK.

Hi

I tried resetting IE9 and that didn't work, so then exited kis15...415 and that worked a treat, I got into the account no problem at all. However, at that point I had no internet security at all but at least it proved that MR1 is the culprit.

Therefore, to date, I've tried it without safemoney, AB and 'scan encrypted connections, being enabled, and couldn't get into the account. I'll try turning off each component in turn.

On a different note, the red k icon for the URL advisor no longer appears in the favourites bar, using IE9 and kis15...415, but URL advisor geen tags are present; should the red k be there still?

Yes, try to single out which component might be causing the issue.

Regarding the Tray icon: Right click blank area in the system tray of icon area > Properties > Customize > Scroll down to locate Kaspersky > click the down arrow and change menu to Show Icon and Notification.

Yes, try to single out which component might be causing the issue.

Regarding the Tray icon: Right click blank area in the system tray of icon area > Properties > Customize > Scroll down to locate Kaspersky > click the down arrow and change menu to Show Icon and Notification.

Well I'm stumped now. Exiting kis...MR1 allows me to enter the RGU email account. with kis enabled, in settings>protection, I turned off file antivirus, then started IE9 and tried to access the site but it didn't work. I then closed the browser, emptied the browser cache, re-enabled antivirus, then disabled application control, started the browser again and tried to login but to no avail. I did this sequence with all the protection components in turn but it didn't work.

therefore, at present, I can enter the site with kis not working but cannot enter the site with kis enabled and each component turned off in turn. I think I'll go and try disabling all the proetection components but with kis still enabled.

I should also say that scanning of encrypted on or off makes no difference, but the certificate is installed. Is there some way to uninstall the certificate without having to uninsatall the whole of kis?

Re the red icon, sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm on about the the k icon in the browser favourites bar, which is usually next to the grey virtual keyboard icon. it used to be present with ...463 but is not in MR1, assuming I haven't left out a setting somewhere.

I'll go and try disabling all the protection components but with kis still enabled - Well turning all the protection components off at the same time didn't help either, I still can't access the email site with kis enabled.

Edited by totallybaffled

I think you should get support on this case.

Did you try some setting changes in IE like disabling smart screen filter or turning off pop up blocker? Have you tried Firefox?

I think you should get support on this case.

Did you try some setting changes in IE like disabling smart screen filter or turning off pop up blocker? Have you tried Firefox?

Yes, I've tried various things in the browser, and as I say above I can enter the site using chrome, so I think I'll just have to keep using chrome for that site from now on.

Any thoughts about the k URL icon in the browser?

Thanks for your replies.

Edited by totallybaffled

I don't use the URL advisor as it is not needed for protection. Kaspersky will stop bad links of clicked upon.

Have you tried doing so:

Settings -> Protection -> Web Anti-Virus -> Advanced Settings -> Tick 'Check URLs' and 'Automatically activate application plug-ins in all web browsers'

If I understood correctly you were referring to URL Advisor plugin.

Have you tried doing so:

Settings -> Protection -> Web Anti-Virus -> Advanced Settings -> Tick 'Check URLs' and 'Automatically activate application plug-ins in all web browsers'

If I understood correctly you were referring to URL Advisor plugin.

Hi

Yes, I'm referring to the red k icon that can be in the 'customise toolbar' box, as in the screenshot.

post-442040-1411910420_thumb.jpg

It's usually in the 'available...' side, which can be selected to be in the 'current...' side. Although youn can't see the whole content of the available box, it's not present when scrolling down. Furthermore, nothing appears in the 'toolbars & extensions' section in the 'manage add-ons' component of windows, as in the screenshot.

post-442040-1411910765_thumb.jpg

However, I do have both the components ticked in the settings section that you mentioned, and the little green k icons do appear next to links on/in web pages. Therefore, I wondered if the red k icon in the toolbars box, and the entry in the extensions box, has been done away with even though the URL advisor k's are still present.

Edited by totallybaffled

Thanks for clarification.

As long as these extensions are present in 'Manage Add-ons' nothing to worry about. Seems, that something has been changed in IE so they are not visible anymore.

Thanks for clarification.

As long as these extensions are present in 'Manage Add-ons' nothing to worry about. Seems, that something has been changed in IE so they are not visible anymore.

Hi

What is the name please of the extension that I should be seeing in 'Manage Add-ons' which is associated with the URL advisor?

Edited by totallybaffled

MR1 has URL check built in software itself, no plugin is required anymore. Thus URL advisor is not in the list.

MR1 has URL check built in software itself, no plugin is required anymore. Thus URL advisor is not in the list.

Ok, thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.