grryhwrth

Chrome and Pure's PWM stopped working.

Hi, used computer this morning and all was well, shut down computer while away for while, restarted PC, started Chrome and logged in to PWM, went to Ebay and PWM would not autofill log-in to ebay. Error given was 'Autofill plugin not installed...', attempted auto install but failed when it couldn't be found in Chrome store.

I thought that this was included in the PWM/Pure installation files in update (f) after problems earlier in the year?

Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Getsysteminfo Log Getsysteminfo log

Pure - 13.0.2.558 (f)

Chrome for Windows - 37.0.2062.120 m

Gerry

Hi, same problem here.

Symptoms are: PWM will not autofill but PWM plugin is shown as enabled in Chrome Extensions. PWM settings reports Plugin is not installed. Clicking on install button starts installation but it fails due to "unknown error".

Have tried clicking on trashcan in Chrome Extensions to remove Plugin, then uninstalling Chrome, cleaning registry and rebooting. The reinstalled Chrome and checked Extensions to confirm Plugin not installed. Installed Plugin from PWM settings, got same unknown error. Checked Extensions again, Plugin is now showing as enabled but still will not run.

Problem is restricted to Chrome - IE11 is fine.

My machine is Toshiba Satellite L500-1XM running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 (build 7601) on Intel Celeron CPU 900@2.20GHz, Mobile Intel 4Series Express Chipset.

Kaspersky Application version 13.0.2.558(f), Database release 18/09/2014 18:01:00

Chrome Version 37.0.2062.120 m

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...83a3ce570565772

Edited by ninthace

Hello

I've the same problem

It's very strange.

Chrome will install every time the Plugin. And the Plugin is Installed

Thanks KS for seeing this stituation.

Same thing here. Stopped yesterday (18/09/2014) thought issue with PC, uninstall Pure and Chrome, reinstall both all ok :) .

Today not working :angry: .

Thought Kaspersky had sorted Chrome Issues with the f patch.

this is the response received from Customer Support:

”Please double check that you are using Chrome version 35 and not any later version as the Password Manager plugin is currently not compatible with Chrome 36 and higher.”

Strange, since I am using version 37.0.2062.120 m probably from some time now, I don't think the update from version 35 to version 37 happened today.....

this is the response received from Customer Support:

”Please double check that you are using Chrome version 35 and not any later version as the Password Manager plugin is currently not compatible with Chrome 36 and higher.”

Strange, since I am using version 37.0.2062.120 m probably from some time now, I don't think the update from version 35 to version 37 happened today.....

Agree, it was working just fine until yesterday. If you wind back to Chrome 35 the Vulnerability Scan will report vulnerabilities and advise you to upgrade to a later version, Catch 22.

Edited by ninthace

Ironically, it was working just fine until yesterday on Google Chrome v37. I tried uninstalling Google Chrome, Deleting leftover folders and profile, rebooting and reinstalling using their standalone offline installer. Still broken.

For tech support: Installation problems tend to occur most often when you install Google Chrome Browser for all user accounts, however I think this may be a security feature by design - to avoid other users from accessing your passwords.

Maybe we should all just switch the the more secure and safer browser, Internet Explorer! (only a friendly joke - don't take offense).

In all seriousness, I am grateful that it has been working in Mozilla Firefox for the past few versions (Thank you KL!!!).

Edited by B--

Exactly the same problem here! This is quite disconcerting as I have begun to rely on the auto fill feature of Kaspersky Pure password manager when using Chrome. I am using Chrome V37 and have been for some time so it is unlikely a problem with this version of Chrome. Started having problems yesterday. Coincidentally, there was an Adobe update that took place yesterday (I think Adobe Reader, but perhaps flash). Sure would make me feel great if there was a quick resolution found - my KP license renewal is due in 29 days! Just sayin.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Exactly the same problem here! This is quite disconcerting as I have begun to rely on the auto fill feature of Kaspersky Pure password manager when using Chrome. I am using Chrome V37 and have been for some time so it is unlikely a problem with this version of Chrome. Started having problems yesterday. Coincidentally, there was an Adobe update that took place yesterday (I think Adobe Reader, but perhaps flash). Sure would make me feel great if there was a quick resolution found - my KP license renewal is due in 29 days! Just sayin.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Slightly off topic, but a good link for keeping up with current and shortly upcoming Adobe updates is: http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/

Same thing here, it has been working fine until it tried to install a plugin, the plugin shows as installed but doesn't work. My PWM is out of service in Kaspersky but also the one built into chrome has stopped working as well

Reported this problem 3 days ago when using Chrome v27 on my laptop. Oddly my desktop continued to work with Chrome v27 until today now same fault has occurred. Grateful if Kaspersky could come up with a solution, meantime will have to revert to IE or Firefox.

This is obviously a widespread Kaspersky issue. Unfortunately, it has become a repeated problem that presents a significant inconvenience for Kaspersky PWM users.

I would have hoped it would have been remedied very quickly! Since it wasn't, it may be time to find a new application.

This is obviously a widespread Kaspersky issue. Unfortunately, it has become a repeated problem that presents a significant inconvenience for Kaspersky PWM users.

I would have hoped it would have been remedied very quickly! Since it wasn't, it may be time to find a new application.

I have had issues with PWM since Google put in place 'Only extensions from Chrome Web Store' rule.

So, dear guys from Kaspersky Helpdesk, maybe solution for all issues will be, to make proper Password Manager plugin compatible with Google requirements and place it in Google Chrome Store ? <_<

Cheers

vulterey

Dears,

Bug 977784 already submitted for this issue and we're working on it. Sadly we've got no workaround at this moment. Sorry for inconvenience.

PM not working in Chrome but working fine in Firefox 32.0.2

edit: un-bury the Informative post:

Dears,

Bug 977784 already submitted for this issue and we're working on it. Sadly we've got no workaround at this moment. Sorry for inconvenience.

Edited by richbuff

This has happened on a couple of my machines now. But the add-in still works on Chrome 37 on a few machines. The problem seems to be that PWM upgrades are incompatible with Chrome upgrades if and only if you update Chrome and then try to install the PWM add-in. If this is so, then reverting to a prior build of the PWM, installing the add-in to Chrome, and subsequently updating the PWM should work.

It's a lot of work, and I will try it tomorrow. Obviously, anything like this requires doing a lot of backing up, and re-installing. It is an intolerable situation. I hope a Kasper Geek monitor's this. If it works, then that should be a clue as to where the bug is. But I don't work for Kasper. When my subscription runs out, I'm done with them.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.