kaspersky2008

unable to scan network [In progress]

successfully installed latest version of kaspersky to 2008 server. However under the KSC I can't find any computers, I cang ping the ip address of the machines but cant add them. I tried to scan using ip range but still no success.The only way to add computers under KSC tree is by means of installing network agent first.

Does anybody experienced similar scenario as mine? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Hi,

have you checked that reverse dns lookup is allowed in your network? Try to "ping - a IP" and verify that you get the hostname.

M

Hi,

have you checked that reverse dns lookup is allowed in your network? Try to "ping - a IP" and verify that you get the hostname.

M

Hi mastropizza,

thank you for your time.

Client dont have AD as of the moment. All 300 workstations belong to Workgroup group. Per client using Kaspersky ver 8 two yrs ago KSC ver 8 can scan the whole network.

Using KSC ver 10 seems unable to scan the whole network but able to ping each workstations.

Heres the outcome of successful ping from KSC Server to active workstations.

PING 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=128 time=6.767 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=128 time=4.341 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=128 time=4.351 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=128 time=1.785 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=128 time=6.066 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.0.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=128 time=2.122 ms

If you're in a workgroup you should work with "per domains"\Windows scanning...isn't it working at all?

M

do you have any firewall up and running on KSC server as well as on clients' side?

M

part of my initial troubleshooting during the demo was to Disabled the Firewall but still no luck

Hello.

Actually ЛЫС takes information about hosts from the tables of AD.

So the issue may be caused by incorrect settings.

IP subnet polling uses DNS to resolve IP address into names, it gives no results if Reverse or Primary DNS Lookup Zone is configured incorrectly.

The IP polling goes the following way:

- Ping ip address

- Nslookup ip address

- Nslookup DNS name

- Ping DNS name

all commands should be issued successfully.

Thank You.

Hello.

Actually ЛЫС takes information about hosts from the tables of AD.

So the issue may be caused by incorrect settings.

IP subnet polling uses DNS to resolve IP address into names, it gives no results if Reverse or Primary DNS Lookup Zone is configured incorrectly.

The IP polling goes the following way:

- Ping ip address

- Nslookup ip address

- Nslookup DNS name

- Ping DNS name

all commands should be issued successfully.

Thank You.

Hi Evgeny,

My client has simple network. They have DHCP server but no AD installed at the moment. Basically their network belong to one workgroup only. KSC can ping the ip address of the target computer and (vise verse) but still KSC lists of computer still empty.Tried to add/scan specific ip but no glory. The only way to display list of computer is means of installing first the network agent.

Any advice from the expert?

Thanks

Hi Evgeny,

My client has simple network. They have DHCP server but no AD installed at the moment. Basically their network belong to one workgroup only. KSC can ping the ip address of the target computer and (vise verse) but still KSC lists of computer still empty.Tried to add/scan specific ip but no glory. The only way to display list of computer is means of installing first the network agent.

Any advice from the expert?

Thanks

Hello.

As mentioned earlier, IP polling does not rely on just pinging. DNS forward and reverse lookup zones must be set up correctly for the computer to be discovered.

Can you confirm the host is nslookup-able?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.