rone950

When Update Utility list of apps to be updated for 2015?

I notice KIS 2015 available on US website, but Australian site doesn't mention, having sale on 2014 versions. So looks like Aussies have to wait bit longer for 2015 for our region.

I use Kaspersky Update Utility to save bandwidth downloading updates to KIS 2014 computers on home network. Update Utility v. 2.1.2.100 doesn't include any 2015 applications yet. Took quite a few months after release of 2014 applications b4 Update Utility was updated for those apps.

So I'd like to let someone relevant know Update Utility is important now that definitions updates by KIS can't be saved to folder these days. Maybe I should ask Kaspersky direct?

No update even as of today.

So if you have a multiple devices, and you do a fresh install of KIS15, you end up downloading over 120mb per machine everytime.

Still no change to Update Utility, so can't download 2015 updates.

2015 Australian version released earlier this month. I have NO idea if it once again allows Save Updates to Folder so can update from there, as I'm NOT going to install 2015 to find out it doesn't, then have to reinstall & update 2014.

Easiest solution might be to change to another company's security, where multi-updates from a single source is easy.

Ron

I don´t use a home user version but it is possible to configure the update to copy the downloaded files into a share?

If yes, please post the directory structure. Hopefully I can modify the xml file for you.

I don´t use a home user version but it is possible to configure the update to copy the downloaded files into a share?

If yes, please post the directory structure. Hopefully I can modify the xml file for you.

Up to 2012 version [i think], user inferface > setup > updates had obtion to save updates to folder. That option not in later versions, even though in other companies security programs. KIS may well copy updates to it's program data folder, but denies user access to such folder. Maybe there is a way to allow access, say disable self defence on the computer with the updates, but that doesn't sound a safe way to update (have to also disconnect modem from internet & remember to enable Self Defence every day?).

I think the easier option is to swap to another companies program when my licences expire in a few months.

I have tested Update Utility 2.1.2.100 und KIS 15.0.1.415 sometimes.

Also tested with KIS 15.0.2.361.

Hello,

If I replace the three modified files with original files, will I be able to get KIS 2015 updates?

Thanks,

I have tested Update Utility 2.1.2.100 und KIS 15.0.1.415 sometimes.

Also tested with KIS 15.0.2.361.

Thanks very very much Helmut. Works great on my home network. Initial download half a GB, so saved doing that a couple more times. Looks like I wasn't the only person waiting on the Utility to b updated for 2015 versions, looking at the number of downloads of your files already!

Xpreme, yes I just copied the 3 new files Helmut changed into my Update Utility program folder (which was latest update utility version, same as Helmut zip file name), so they replace existing files of same name. Then run the Update GUI exe as usual, & it comes up with these 2 2015 versions of KIS already selected as the programs I wish to get updates for. I think I had to re-select the folder to save updates to - I used same folder name as I had for 2014 updates, after adding 2014 to end of name of that existing update folder. I didn't bother uninstalling 2014 version, so KIS 2015 had my old source folders in it already & Kaspersky Labs source as inactive, so wouldn't try there if network error. NB they say internet has to be connected when KIS updating even from network folder, to verify legitimate key. I've been able to update from network folder occassionally without internet connected, so mightn't check key every day, but I have a legitimate key, so I nearly always update KIS with internet connceted. I created a Restore Point on each machine 1st, as these forums recommend uninstall old version of KIS 1st, but I haven't had trouble yet installing 2015 over 2014 on Win 7 machines.

Hello,

If I replace the three modified files with original files, will I be able to get KIS 2015 updates?

Thanks,

I am using Linux version of update utility

what i need to update for use 2015 products?

Thanks very very much Helmut. Works great on my home network. Initial download half a GB, so saved doing that a couple more times. Looks like I wasn't the only person waiting on the Utility to b updated for 2015 versions, looking at the number of downloads of your files already!

You are welcome.

I am using Linux version of update utility

what i need to update for use 2015 products?

You should also replace this 3 files I posted before under your linux OS.

I have expanded version 2.1.2.100 and this files are equal.

I have not tested this under linux!

It works.

All modules for KAV2015 are included in KIS2015.

I have tested the updater with KSOS2015 too

You should also replace this 3 files I posted before under your linux OS.

I have expanded version 2.1.2.100 and this files are equal.

I have not tested this under linux!

Thanx

Edited by cycle

Download patch files , but you do not think the program successful operation. I guess I have the arranging of Updater.xml. Sorry my english. Im using Google Translate :lol:

You are using the latest version and have replaced the files I posted?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.