Sign in to follow this  
bugmeee

Bug Report: Permanently High CPU Usage

EDIT: Title is incorrect. The title Should have been "BUG REPORT: Permanently High CPU Usage"

Kaspersky Lab:

I believe that I have found a problem with at least one of your products.

When Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 13.0.1.4190 (k) is running and the member files from the "MaxxMEM2_Preview.zip" archive are browsed after extracted, the system experiences seemingly permanent 100% CPU usage with high Kernel Time.

To Reproduce the Problem:

1. Boot Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3.

2. Launch Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 13.0.1.4190 (k).

3. Extract archive.

4. Browse to archives extracted member files using Explorer Shell.

5. Check Windows Task Manager's "Performance" tab to see CPU usage.

The archive was downloaded from:

http://www.maxxpi.net/modules/download_gal...dlc.php?file=15

Web page that referenced the archive:

http://www.maxxpi.net/pages/downloads/maxx...2---preview.php

I am using Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3.

Please correct the problem.

edit: collection of sig links = Off.

Edited by richbuff

Windows 8.1 all updates, non-ancient hardware, and and KIS 2015 TR are all good when right click MaxxMEM2_preview.exe and select properties. About ten seconds of high CPU, that self-subsides.

Right click MaxxMEM2_preview.exe > Scan for viruses: This took about two minutes and used 30% CPU.

XP is dead, and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 13.0.1.4190 (k) is not the current version.

We can't fix this here, on this user forum. Please inform Tech Support of your findings that you experience with ancient OS and not-current Kaspersky version.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.