dpeters11

FDE on virtual machine [In progress]

Is it possible to full disk encrypt a VM? I'm thinking no, but one of the administrators wanted me to look into it.

Is it possible to full disk encrypt a VM? I'm thinking no, but one of the administrators wanted me to look into it.

Hi,

Please clarify what does it mean exactly to encrypt a VM? What product version is used?

Thank You!

We could use 10.1MR1 or Light Agent 3. I think they are specifically wanting to encrypt health information that needs to be protected, and they need to do more than file level.

We could use 10.1MR1 or Light Agent 3. I think they are specifically wanting to encrypt health information that needs to be protected, and they need to do more than file level.

It should be possible to do a full disk encryption on a virtual machine. Are you experiencing any issues with applying full disk encryption in this case?

Thank You!

We wanted to check before attempting it. So it's something that should be possible, but is it a supported situation?

I have used KES10 to FDE a Windows VM. The only issue is that it will take up the entire provisioned space - even if thin provisioned.

But that is just my 2 cents. I would still wait for Nikolay to provide a complete answer.

We wanted to check before attempting it. So it's something that should be possible, but is it a supported situation?

Hello!

Please kindly clarify, which type of VM are you planning to use? We expect no issues in FDE on most popular hypervizors.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.