martinandersson

Updates for Security 8.0 for Exchange (v.8.6.79.0)

Hello

I came across the Update Utility 2.0 for a couple of days ago. u have made my Life so much easier!

It works perfectly with Enterprise Security 10 but i have a problem when i download updates for my Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange installation.

In the update utility 2.0 it says download updates for : v 8.[1.560.0-2.165.0] or 8.3.325.0 - but i got server version 8.6.79.0. - ive tried the versions in the update utility but the server says: file not found in the update source, so i guess its the wrong versions.

Is there any solution for this, or do i need to wait untill the Update Utility is patched to handle v. 8.6.79.0?

Side question: is there any other way to download Antivirus definitions on the Kaspersky page pref in zip or other compressed format.

Thanks

/Martin

Hello

I came across the Update Utility 2.0 for a couple of days ago. u have made my Life so much easier!

It works perfectly with Enterprise Security 10 but i have a problem when i download updates for my Kaspersky Security 8.0 for Microsoft Exchange installation.

In the update utility 2.0 it says download updates for : v 8.[1.560.0-2.165.0] or 8.3.325.0 - but i got server version 8.6.79.0. - ive tried the versions in the update utility but the server says: file not found in the update source, so i guess its the wrong versions.

Is there any solution for this, or do i need to wait untill the Update Utility is patched to handle v. 8.6.79.0?

Side question: is there any other way to download Antivirus definitions on the Kaspersky page pref in zip or other compressed format.

Thanks

/Martin

This is solved , the solution is:

Latest version of KS for MS Exchange has new features and engine, so you have to specify additionals products in the settings of the Update Utility to update KS for MS Exchange properly:

- KES for Windows (v10) (for malicious URLs)

- KS for MS Exchange Servers (8.3.325.0)

- KS for Linux Mail Servers 8.0.0 (for ZetaShield engine)

Hope this helps someone else.

/Martin

You must only modify the file "updater.xml". Then all components are included.

<element>

<name>KasperskySecurityMicrosoftExchangeServer_8_2</name>

<component>UPDATER;KDB;CORE;APU;BLST2;KAS5;KSE8;EMU;KSN</component>

<Build/>

<Application/>

</element>

This is solved , the solution is:

Latest version of KS for MS Exchange has new features and engine, so you have to specify additionals products in the settings of the Update Utility to update KS for MS Exchange properly:

- KES for Windows (v10) (for malicious URLs)

- KS for MS Exchange Servers (8.3.325.0)

- KS for Linux Mail Servers 8.0.0 (for ZetaShield engine)

Hope this helps someone else.

/Martin

Hi Martin,

so this solution is working for you and it's updating the Anti Spam and Anti Virus successfully? I have same issue.

Thanks !!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.