Sign in to follow this  
luna

KAV 2014 icon not showing in task bar

For some reason the icon for KAV 2014 has stopped appearing in my task bar. KAV is running fine and avpui.exe is shown as running in task manager. The only change to my system recently is that I installed the IE security update that MS provided a couple of days ago. Running Win 8.1 32 bit.

If you click the little up arrow in the taskbar, is the icon showing in the popup ?

If it is there, right click the taskbar & go to properties, in the window that appears, click on customise, find the K icon in the list & choose show icon and notifications >ok >ok.

If it's not there, please provide a GetSystemInfo report by following the 4 steps below, then paste the link of the uploaded report into your reply.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=915

Tried all that already. When open up the "customize" notification icon app Kaspersky is shown as show icon and notification. If I change it to one of the other selections and then change back to show icon and notifications I get a message that says "This notification icon is not currently active-it will be shown the next time it becomes active. Also where Kav is listed on the left side of the notification area app it shows Kaspersky Antivirus 14.0.0.465 starting....

Hopefully I did this correctly...

GetSystemInfo_BOB_Buettner_2014_05_04_09_31_41.zip

Edited by luna

Tried all that already. When open up the "customize" notification icon app Kaspersky is shown as show icon and notification. If I change it to one of the other selections and then change back to show icon and notifications I get a message that says "This notification icon is not currently active-it will be shown the next time it becomes active. Also where Kav is listed on the left side of the notification area app it shows Kaspersky Antivirus 14.0.0.465 starting....

Hopefully I did this correctly...

Looks like I should have provided this and not an attached file?

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...cfbb3179eec38ce

Make sure your Microsoft.NET framework installation is up to date, go to control panel > windows update, click on check for updates & install all important updates, reboot and repeat until no more updates are available.

You should see an update for .NET framework 4.5.1

Make sure your Microsoft.NET framework installation is up to date, go to control panel > windows update, click on check for updates & install all important updates, reboot and repeat until no more updates are available.

You should see an update for .NET framework 4.5.1

No updates available is what I see from Windows update site.

No updates available is what I see from Windows update site.

Hello....

If I change it to one of the other selections and then change back to show icon and notifications I get a message that says

"This notification icon is not currently active-it will be shown the next time it becomes active.

Try doing the above again and then reboot your computer and see if the K icon shows

.netframework installer reports that my version is up to date.

Changing notification status and rebooting then changing back to show notification and icon has done the trick

Many thanks!

You're welcome, please post back if the problem returns.