Dan77

Uninstall KAV6.0 to install KAV 10 [In progress]

Hello,

Our organization has about 900 computers still running KAV 6.0.2

I have a new Kaspersky Security Center 10 server and wish to push out version 10 to these workstations

The Kaspersky 10 Network Agent installs OK but I can't install Endpoint Security 10 because of the error "Your computer already has a Kaspersky Lab application installed"

Older versions of Kaspersky client are not in the list of automatically uninstall software during the task setup

How can I force it to uninstall KAV 6.0 when I install KAV 10?

Thanks

Hello,

Our organization has about 900 computers still running KAV 6.0.2

I have a new Kaspersky Security Center 10 server and wish to push out version 10 to these workstations

The Kaspersky 10 Network Agent installs OK but I can't install Endpoint Security 10 because of the error "Your computer already has a Kaspersky Lab application installed"

Older versions of Kaspersky client are not in the list of automatically uninstall software during the task setup

How can I force it to uninstall KAV 6.0 when I install KAV 10?

Thanks

Install the version 6 plugin here:

post-420198-1398868020_thumb.png

and you can access the uninstaller via the task here:

post-420198-1398867972_thumb.png

I think the plugin for MP4 will not help in this case. He has a very old version 6.2.

I think the plugin for MP4 will not help in this case. He has a very old version 6.2.

Thanks for the reply

That's why I mentioned that we're on 6.0.2, the 6.0.2 plugin won't install on a Security Center 10 server. Moving our machines with 6.0.4 to 10 has been easy

So maybe my only option is to uninstall 6.0.2 while they still have the old agent and are on the old Kaspersky Administration Server and then install the new agent and client ??

Thanks for the reply

That's why I mentioned that we're on 6.0.2, the 6.0.2 plugin won't install on a Security Center 10 server. Moving our machines with 6.0.4 to 10 has been easy

So maybe my only option is to uninstall 6.0.2 while they still have the old agent and are on the old Kaspersky Administration Server and then install the new agent and client ??

Thanks for the reply

Please follow this article.

Thank You!

Again - I'm working with 6.0.2 and that article only applies to 6.0.4 and newer

Please follow this article.

Thank You!

Again - I'm working with 6.0.2 and that article only applies to 6.0.4 and newer

Hello!

If you still have old AdminKit in operation and your old hosts are managed by it, you should uninstall 6.0.2 via uninstallation task from your old server. Then you should probably uninstall old nagents as well - and then roll out new nagent and new KES.

This is probably the most reliable upgrade scenario since your versions are deeply out of support.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.