Sign in to follow this  
alphabeta1

Kaspersky security scan updates

Hi all,

I read that updates of above program are free. But how can I update it? Do not see any button or option or anything.

Thanks

Hi again,

given that it's 5 days I posted and no reply whatsoever appeared here as much as I can see, please answer my question so that I'll be able to update before to scan as I face several security challenges.

Tks

edit: all bold = off.

Edited by richbuff

Dear alphabeta1,

You do not need to update the databases manually. I think this utility uses same mechanism as Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. Distributive of this utility updates everyday.

And if you download it, the bases must be already up to date.

Thank you.

Thank you all,

this is the first time since quite a while I get a satisfactory reply in a forum post of mine.

It was worthy the delay.

So long

Thank you all,

this is the first time since quite a while I get a satisfactory reply in a forum post of mine.

It was worthy the delay.

So long

Hi all, again.

As I lost access to my email registered with you (a microsoft account, suddenly it did not accept my password, I requested it back from them with the initial information when I registered, they said it's OK and you only need to reset the password, but then I could not have access to my mail, and they said something like I must wait a month or sort of. It's not the first time it happens).

So, as I lost access to it I registered again, but it's the same me. (Did not remember my password here and to reset it I should have access to my previous email).

Anyway. My Kaspersky security scan finds those issues:

Other issues (12)

Information about vulnerabilities associated with the settings of installed applications and the operating system.

"Autorun from hard drives is allowed"

"Autorun from network drives is enabled"

"CD/DVD autorun is enabled"

"Removable media autorun is enabled"

"Windows Explorer - show extensions of known file types"

"Microsoft Internet Explorer: clear history of typed URLs"

"Microsoft Internet Explorer - disable caching data received via protected channel"

"Microsoft Internet Explorer: disable sending error reports"

"Microsoft Internet Explorer: delete cookies"

"Microsoft Internet Explorer: enable cache autocleanup on browser closing"

"Windows Explorer: display of known file types extensions is disabled"

"Microsoft Internet Explorer: start page reset"

How can I correct them manually?

Could I correct them if I downloaded a trial version of some Kasperksy product?

I'd welcome both answers asap as I still face challenges, (alas, that's my everyday life).