ALeyshon

Unable to Install Network Agent [In Progress]

Hi all,

When trying to push NetAgent (10.0.3361) to several machines it fails to install with the error:

Remote installation completed with error on client computer: Error while starting the installation package for the application, Error Code -100.

I've tried rebuilding the deployment package and installing it locally by hand. But they all exit with this error.

It's a Windows Domain environment, target machines are Windows 7 x64 SP1, I've specified Domain Admin level credentials and have already run the KavRemoval tool to try and cleanup any previous installs.

Log files attached.

Can anyone help?

KAV_AgentLogs.zip

Hi all,

When trying to push NetAgent (10.0.3361) to several machines it fails to install with the error:

Remote installation completed with error on client computer: Error while starting the installation package for the application, Error Code -100.

I've tried rebuilding the deployment package and installing it locally by hand. But they all exit with this error.

It's a Windows Domain environment, target machines are Windows 7 x64 SP1, I've specified Domain Admin level credentials and have already run the KavRemoval tool to try and cleanup any previous installs.

Log files attached.

Can anyone help?

Hello!

Why are you trying to install 3361 version?

Maybe it would be better to use the actual version - MR1?

Thank You!

Hi Kravtsov Vitaly,

Where can I get the updated package from as this is the only one I have available to deploy from Security Center.

Kind Regards, Adam.

Actually found 10.1.249, registered the package in KSC, Deployed it and it fails with the same error too.

Actually found 10.1.249, registered the package in KSC, Deployed it and it fails with the same error too.

Hello!

Please kindly provide us with the new agent installation logs.

Thank You!

Hi Ivan,

All the junctions point to the C Disk, which is the only disk it has,

Do you have any other clues for me?

Here are the latest logs gathered this morning after using KAVRemover twice and rebooting after every use.

Logs.zip

After running "C:\Junction.exe -s -q"

I am seeing a lot of these:

\\?\C:\\Documents and Settings\BThomas\AppData\Local\Application Data\Applicatio

n Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Appli

cation Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\

Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application

Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Applica

tion Data\Application Data: JUNCTION

Print Name : C:\Users\BThomas\AppData\Local

Substitute Name: C:\Users\BThomas\AppData\Local

Which I'm going to assume is not supposed to recurse like that :/

After running "C:\Junction.exe -s -q"

I am seeing a lot of these:

\\?\C:\\Documents and Settings\BThomas\AppData\Local\Application Data\Applicatio

n Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Appli

cation Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\

Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application

Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Applica

tion Data\Application Data: JUNCTION

Print Name : C:\Users\BThomas\AppData\Local

Substitute Name: C:\Users\BThomas\AppData\Local

Which I'm going to assume is not supposed to recurse like that :/

Could you please provide us log in .txt format?

Thank You!

Hello!

As I can see the problem is really in junction.

Please fix it and try to install application again.

Thank You!

Hello!

As I can see the problem is really in junction.

Please fix it and try to install application again.

Thank You!

Any clue on how to fix that? I checked the junctions to make sure the "Everone - Deny - List/Read Folder Data" was present and it was.

Also which junction is causing the problem?

Edited by Adam Leyshon

Open a command prompt and run this command to check junction points in C:\ProgramData

Open a command prompt and run this command to check junction points in C:\ProgramData:

It should show at least something like:

14.07.2009  09:06    <JUNCTION>     Application Data [C:\ProgramData]
14.07.2009  09:06    <JUNCTION>     Desktop [C:\Users\Public\Desktop]
14.07.2009  09:06    <JUNCTION>     Documents [C:\Users\Public\Documents]
14.07.2009  09:06    <JUNCTION>     Favorites [C:\Users\Public\Favorites]
14.07.2009  09:06    <JUNCTION>     Start Menu [C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu]
14.07.2009  09:06    <JUNCTION>     Templates [C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Templates]

(and maybe more junction points with localized names). What is important is that the required junction points must exist and point to correct directories, and not to some nonexistent directories or drive letters.

You can recreate the Application Data junction with the following commands:

cd C:\ProgramData
rd "Application Data" /Q
mklink /J "Application Data" "C:\ProgramData"

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.