Sign in to follow this  
Arrow5

KIS 2014 Installation Sequence on Win 8.1 Preinstalled

Hello all!

I'll be looking for a new comuter to replace my Win XP, that is using KIS 2012. I'll be going from a Desktop to Laptop, and Win 8.1 preinstalled, (what I'm looking for at any rate). Gigantic leap in both hardware & operating systems that should've been done years before now, I know.

What should be the sequence of events for new computer?

I'll be uninstalling existing license off of old computer, no longer using Win XP computer connected to internet.

When getting new computer, I realize with Win 8.1 that I'll be setting up local or miscrosoft acct etc...(I'm leaning toward local acct, because not interested in app environment, mainly desktop).

After that, do I then update the win 8.1 computer with MS updates, before downloading & installing the current version of KIS 2014? Or do I go right to downloading/installing KIS before getting MS updates?

And if I remember reading correctly, doesn't the installation of KIS 2014 turn off MS firewall as well as MS Defender by default?

Thanks!

Welcome. For windows 8.1, sometimes the Windows firewall is turned by KIS and sometimes it is not. It has been said from KL personnel that you can leave the firewall on if KIS runs ok with it on, or you can turn it off, your choice. Defender should be turned off.

Windows updates can be installed with or without KIS installed. Personally, I usually install all the updates onto a new PC before installation of Kaspersky.

Important thing to do is to uninstall all Security softwares that comes pre-installed before installation Kaspersky products.

Download the most current installer for version 2014 here: http://www.kaspersky.com/product-updates