Umnik

KIS for Android MR3 11.3.1.176

- Fixed some crashes on 2.3

- Web-filter got support Browser and Chrome on Wi-Fi and GSM for all versions of Android (full support will on next build)

- Fixed broken settings when device powered off SUDDENLY

- Many improves Wi-Fi proxy

- Some UI fixes

- Improve support of Hangouts

- AS+PP shows information about low compatibility with Android 4.4 (known problem of Android)

- Improve of battery life

And when i sell my smartphone? We need that option.

You can sell smartphone. New owner can't get access on AT because he don't know login and password. And you can't get access to device because new owner will not connect device to you account.

Only dead tab in AT portal you will had. I have ~30 dead tabs :( Suggestion for remove devices was writed 2 years ago but...

Xperia S + JB 4.1.2

Just installed the new MR3 beta, and now have no InterNet connection in Browser (Android standard) but Puffin browsers works, even the own KIS4A can't update, says no internet connection active, but I have WiFi active ... it's so strange because I can get wasap messages ...

I don't know whether this can be affected, but I have AdBlock Plus installed working in localhost in port 2020, until the last build I had no problems with KIS4A but maybe with the last changes in proxy ...

Even disabling AdBlock Plus filter, no INet connection ...

Updated: I have deleted manually the AdBlock Plus localhost/2020 in the WiFi settings and now it works, so in this new build there is a conflict with AdBlock Plus proxy settings :)

Regards.

Edited by harlan4096

You can sell smartphone. New owner can't get access on AT because he don't know login and password. And you can't get access to device because new owner will not connect device to you account.

Only dead tab in AT portal you will had. I have ~30 dead tabs :( Suggestion for remove devices was writed 2 years ago but...

Yes i know how its working, but you said you have more as 30 devices (tabs) in AT. You must scroll (click) everytime to the current tab. Thats not the best way and not userfriendly. Why are they ignoring the 2 years old suggestion? Does it make sense, if I open a ticket in the German support?

KIS for Android MR3 11.3.1.176, Motorola Moto G + Android 4.4.2

I confirm the warning messages for PP and AS display properly. However, what exactly is the problem out of interest?

I would like to know why 'technical limitations' of Android 4.4 are being given as a reason for them not working.

I can't take a statement like that at face value without seeing supporting documentation or grounds.

WiFi works still (the latest build hasn't broken it)

No issues other than known ones.

Galaxy S2 / 4.1.2

During setup wifi disconnected/reconnected a couple of times. After that is working well.

antikythera, 4.4 have only one SMS client. It mean what Hangouts see all SMS from/to KIS4A and mean what KIS4A have not rights for remove his SMS from Hangouts. It very important for PP and AS. It alse affect on AT but after Alarm and Find commands device will blocked. I.e. sms with secret code are available in Hangouts but device already blocked. And wipe can't remove SMS from Hangouts.

Updated: I have deleted manually the AdBlock Plus localhost/2020 in the WiFi settings and now it works, so in this new build there is a conflict with AdBlock Plus proxy settings :)

Regards.

Does Ad Block removed from GPlay now?

Yes i know how its working, but you said you have more as 30 devices (tabs) in AT. You must scroll (click) everytime to the current tab. Thats not the best way and not userfriendly. Why are they ignoring the 2 years old suggestion? Does it make sense, if I open a ticket in the German support?

I have 60 tabs. I just counted :) Tab ≠ device. One tablet have 7 tabs for example.

Of course you can try it.

Does Ad Block removed from GPlay now?

I just disabled Ad Block from running and changed its proxy settings (localhost + port 2020) in my WiFi NetWork.

Ad Block still installed but not active.

Regards.

AD Block is one of apps that violate rules of Google Play. Google have to remove AD Block from Play Store.

The app already removed or can be installed from GPlay?

Do you know why AD Block was removed from GPlay? Because it broke work other apps.

Not only KIS4A use wi-fi proxy. AD Block should be compatible with other apps.

Do you know why AD Block was removed from GPlay? Because it broke work other apps.

Not only KIS4A use wi-fi proxy. AD Block should be compatible with other apps.

I know, but until this last build of KIS4A, both worked fine together :)

Regards.

antikythera, 4.4 have only one SMS client. It mean what Hangouts see all SMS from/to KIS4A and mean what KIS4A have not rights for remove his SMS from Hangouts. It very important for PP and AS. It alse affect on AT but after Alarm and Find commands device will blocked. I.e. sms with secret code are available in Hangouts but device already blocked. And wipe can't remove SMS from Hangouts.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand the limitation better now.

Incidentally I have two SMS clients on my phone.

-Messaging build 4.4.2-5 (set as default because I prefer it to Hangouts)

-Hangouts build 2.0.303 (1004807-30)

I send and receive SMS using Messaging only. They are not logged or visible in Hangouts. So as far as I can see the limitation only really affects people who have set Hangouts as the default SMS client.

As for AT I can't enable that anyhow since it conflicts with the Motorola AT solution.

Hangouts can also be used on earlier Android 4.0 and above for SMS too. So if anyone uses that for SMS set as default, does the same issue occur or can KIS get rights?

> Incidentally I have two SMS clients on my phone.

Because Motorola :) Samsung have ChatOn.

But one SMS client in same time.

Hangouts have other, non-system, DB for SMS and copy SMS from system DB. Other apps can't write/modify hangouts's DB correctly because Android and Hangouts does not have API for 3d party developerts.

And we are can read SMS from Hangouts (AT can recive commands, Anti-Phishing can show alerts, AS can show requests) but can't modify DB.

Yes, Hangouts present for Android 2.2+ but 4.3- we have extended support of app. Because exist old system API. Just look on settings. Only in 4.4 you can see it

post-8080-1392299774_thumb.png

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.