thatguy000

Moving Kaspersky Lab 10 to a new server [In progress]

Hello --

I'm trying to move my admin server db to a new machine (new name, new IP, new folder location). I ran klbackup on the current server, which took about 5mins and created a 1.6gb folder structure, which I copied to a temp folder on the new server. Then I installed the latest KSC 10.1.249 on the new server and canceled out of the initial setup wizard. However, when I ran klbackup -restore, it took about 10seconds, said it completed successfully, but didn't seem to restore anything (the KSC was empty when I opened it).

Did I miss any steps? Is this not a supported backup/restore option? Do I have to manually copy the database from SQL Server? Help!

Thanks in advance -- michael~

Hi,

Could you please provide us with klbackup log? - http://support.kaspersky.ru/10585

I've attached the backup and restore log files.. both completed successfully. The backup took about 5mins, the restore took about 30 seconds.

When installing, I used all of the defaults, except for specifying a different KSC install path (using E:\Kaspersky Lab\..., instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\...).

2.6.14.backup.log

2.6.14.restore.log

I've attached the backup and restore log files.. both completed successfully. The backup took about 5mins, the restore took about 30 seconds.

When installing, I used all of the defaults, except for specifying a different KSC install path (using E:\Kaspersky Lab\..., instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\...).

Hi,

Please try to use klbackup utility in interactive mode.. Is it possible to get administration server installed on C drive just for testing purposes?

Hi,

Please try to use klbackup utility in interactive mode.. Is it possible to get administration server installed on C drive just for testing purposes?

I re-installed using the "Typical" settings option, and it installed and seems to have restored the database correctly (all policies and machines are listed), and I'm about halfway through re-assigning all workstations to use the new Admin server. However, I would very much prefer not to have the database and share folder stored on my system drive. Is there any way to move it to my data drive?

Thanks

I re-installed using the "Typical" settings option, and it installed and seems to have restored the database correctly (all policies and machines are listed), and I'm about halfway through re-assigning all workstations to use the new Admin server. However, I would very much prefer not to have the database and share folder stored on my system drive. Is there any way to move it to my data drive?

Thanks

Regarding the share folder you can modify its path by going to administration server properties in the console -> advanced -> Administration Server shared folder

Regarding the share folder you can modify its path by going to administration server properties in the console -> advanced -> Administration Server shared folder

Ok I've moved the share folder and updated it in Admin Console.. We have approx 110 workstations, should I be concerned about the SQL db data file on my system drive? Is there an easy way to move that to my data drive as well?

I've moved every workstation over to the new server (creating a task to Change Admin Server), but for some reason the old server kept taking the workstations back. I stopped the KAV SQL instance and stopped the Admin service on the old server. So from here, I should be good, right? Running solely from the new server?

Thanks

Ok I've moved the share folder and updated it in Admin Console.. We have approx 110 workstations, should I be concerned about the SQL db data file on my system drive? Is there an easy way to move that to my data drive as well?

I've moved every workstation over to the new server (creating a task to Change Admin Server), but for some reason the old server kept taking the workstations back. I stopped the KAV SQL instance and stopped the Admin service on the old server. So from here, I should be good, right? Running solely from the new server?

Thanks

Hello!

You are now worried about the shortage of space on your system drive?

Is that correct?

Thank You!

Hello!

You are now worried about the shortage of space on your system drive?

Is that correct?

Thank You!

Yes, I prefer to not store expanding databases on my system drive. I would rather have the SQL data file on my data drive. Is there a relatively easy way to move that? If I used SQL Management Studio to move the data file, would the Admin Server still function correctly?