bckasman

Pure/KTS next version? Where is it? Free upgrade?

Is there anything happening at Kaspersky for a major update to Pure 3.0? This version is nearly a year old and any major upgrade doesn't appear to be anywhere near ready for users, unless the beta testing is being done in-house. We were also lead to believe that a patch was forthcoming, but the best they could say was that it wouldn't be in 2013. One would think that Pure would have top priority over KIS or KAV. Just need to make an informed decision.

BC

Hi BC,

If you wish, you can google translate post #29: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=2153212

If you are asking about the next version of PURE: PURE 3.0 was released early in year 2013, so early year 2014 is a good guess for PURE 4.0.

And of course, PURE and KIS/KAV do not have the same development cycle. KIS/KAV goes through a development cycle, and then PURE goes through a development cycle. As we discussed already.

However, if you are asking about the next patch for PURE 3.0, that could be possibly in the future.

I see that the Beta testing process has already started for the next version KIS/KAV. I know all about product development cycles, but why does Kaspersky let Pure stay so far behind the product development curve. Unless something has changed, we can't even use IR 11 because of problems with Pure, This is supposed to be a premium product, but it feel more like a loss leader as time goes on. I like Pure, but I'm growing more uneasy as to whether it really is a premium product. I'm just sayin.....

With that said, Pure is a great product, I just want it to be treated that way.

BC

Can you, please, give us an idea when the next version of Pure 4 will be released. We're still using things from, I believe KIS 2013, Kaspersky is already Berta testing KIS/KAV 2015.

This premier product is way behind. Without some cryptic answer can someone explain to me, rationally, why K-Pure falls so far behind when it's supposed to be a premier product.

Thank You

Merged, again. Last I heard, was this:

Заслуживают.

В этом году разработка KIS 2014 и последующая поддержка Win 8.1 в различных наших продуктах отняли слишком много ресурсов, поэтому, к сожалению, выпуск новой версии Кристалла пришлось отложить на следующий год. Он выйдет уже на базе технологий KIS 2015. Сейчас принимаем ряд мер, чтобы больше таких задержек с выпуском не повторялось. Задача - выпускать Кристалл и его минорные обновления с минимальной задержкой относительно KIS.

It looks like forum beta for next PURE in a few months; and release, based on KIS 2015, a few months after that.

Just looking for clarification, since both have been commonly used elsewhere in the forums. Will the next version be called "PURE 4.0" or "PURE 2015"? Thanks!

Just looking for clarification, since both have been commonly used elsewhere in the forums. Will the next version be called "PURE 4.0" or "PURE 2015"? Thanks!

Russian betatestres call it KTS 2015. I suppose full name will be Kaspersky Total Security or something similar.

Do you know if the PURE 3.0 license will be transferable ?

I hope Kaspersky will allow us to continue the license term with KTS2015(that's in case PURE product line will be replaced by KTS) or at least "downgrade" more expensive PURE license to less expensive KIS.

I purchased PURE 3.0 for several components that are missing in KIS but they never worked the way I expected so I see no point of having PURE anymore.Also KIS2015 introduced new protection techniques that are missing from PURE 3.0.Hopefully they will be added to future versions of PURE(or KTS?) as well.

Edited by TheUltimateNoob

Pure 4.0 (or KTS) is based on KIS2015 MR1, so it will contain all the KIS2015 MR1 features plus Pure specific components. Now, both 2015 MR1 and Pure 4 are in beta and should be released when ready, sometimes in August - September.

excuse me

Is this version official and final?

and can I upgrade from pure 3.0 to this version?

Hi,

No, it's not released yet, but it should be soon. About upgrade, it would be better to remove Pure 3.0 first and then install KTS (when available).

We've been hearing that the new Pure 4 or KTS will be ready soon. When will it be released? Once again, Pure falls behind KIS/KAV. That's not a good record for your premier product. What's holding up the release.?

1. It is due soon, sometime around the time when it is ready.

Last I heard, KTS and KIS development cycles will soon be concomitant, instead of pi radians out of phase with each other.

0. Merged.

We keep hearing about a update to Pure/KTS and it's reportedly been in beta testing for quite a while. Yet recently information about it has been very hard to find. What's the latest anybody has heard about this upcoming software?

We keep hearing about a update to Pure/KTS and it's reportedly been in beta testing for quite a while. Yet recently information about it has been very hard to find. What's the latest anybody has heard about this upcoming software?

I doubt you'll get any 'definitive' response by powers to be however after reading/following some of the KTS beta (MR2) posts, I'd be surprised if we see it before December.

I have just installed Pure 4 (Total Security) i love the new interface of the application, it is just like KIS every thing is working fine, well done to the team at Kaspersky :cb_punk:

Kaspersky Total Security 4 is coming soon. :)

It will be available at different times in different regions, as local Kaspersky regions decide when they are ready.

The English localization is Tech Release status, and is on a certain official Kaspersky consumer-products webpage, but not yet on the downloads page of www.kaspersky.com, so it is not yet available for regular public download.

The Russian localization is available on a certain official products.kaspersky webpage.

What does all this mean?

Answer: Please be patient and wait for KTS 4 to become available on the www.kaspersky.com downloads page in your region. It will happen when your regional office is ready to make it available. We will all find out at the same time when it happens.

Can anyone tell me if I buy Pure 3 now and Pure 4 comes out before year is is up can I upgrade to Pure 4 free of charge?

I only ask this as I have read that Pure 4 has been released in some countries but not UK yet.