clivealden

Limit to number of sync'd Web Accounts

It looks like there is a 40 account limit within KPM. If i have the iOS version installed on a device and then add the 41st entry to windows then as soon as it sync's with all the devices, then the 40th entry is removed and replaced with the 41st entry. I have yet to find anything detailed in the product specs or help files that details this limit, if it truly has a limit then this is pretty poor. :angry2:

Has anyone else come across this?

It looks like there is a 40 account limit within KPM. If i have the iOS version installed on a device and then add the 41st entry to windows then as soon as it sync's with all the devices, then the 40th entry is removed and replaced with the 41st entry. I have yet to find anything detailed in the product specs or help files that details this limit, if it truly has a limit then this is pretty poor. :angry2:

Has anyone else come across this?

EDIT. It looks like this may be related to Groups. If i split the 40 Web Accounts into groups, then i can exceed 40 accounts.

EDIT. It looks like this may be related to Groups. If i split the 40 Web Accounts into groups, then i can exceed 40 accounts.

Hello! Please check system date on PC and iOS device. It should be the same.

I cannot repeat error that you reported.

Hello! Please check system date on PC and iOS device. It should be the same.

I cannot repeat error that you reported.

Same date same time down to the minute.

Same date same time down to the minute.

Can you provide logs from KPM?

Turn on logging:

Run regedit.exe and change values to:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Kaspersky Password Manager\TraceFileEnable = 1 (DWORD)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Kaspersky Password Manager\TraceFileMaxLevel = 800 (DWORD)

Attach KPM_%PID%.log.enc1.

Also, can you try to sync between 2 windows clients?

Can you provide logs from KPM?

Turn on logging:

Run regedit.exe and change values to:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Kaspersky Password Manager\TraceFileEnable = 1 (DWORD)
HKLM\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\Kaspersky Password Manager\TraceFileMaxLevel = 800 (DWORD)

Attach KPM_%PID%.log.enc1.

Also, can you try to sync between 2 windows clients?

At present i have deleted KPM from my iOS devices as i cant trust them not to screw up the database. I now have 60+ accounts in the database on my windows machine, separated into groups.

As a next step i will shutdown KPM on windows having manually issued a sync, take a backup of the windows database, re-install on an iOS device and let it re-sync. Then i will enable the tracing as you describe above and re-start KPM on windows and see what happens on both iOS and windows.

KPM_1228.log

At present i have deleted KPM from my iOS devices as i cant trust them not to screw up the database. I now have 60+ accounts in the database on my windows machine, separated into groups.

As a next step i will shutdown KPM on windows having manually issued a sync, take a backup of the windows database, re-install on an iOS device and let it re-sync. Then i will enable the tracing as you describe above and re-start KPM on windows and see what happens on both iOS and windows.

EDIT the installation of the iOS has completely screwed up the KPM database on both iOS and windows.

1. I did a clean install on iOS. I then went through the standard regsitration process (connect to the protection centre, wait while the databse sync'd to iOS)

2. the database on iOS had "deleted" all the account beyond 40, that is the iOS device has only 40 account on it, not the 60+ in windows

3. I now started KPM on windows and guess what the database on windows has now been trimmed back to 40 accounts only, the groups are intact but all entries beyond 40 have been removed.

I have attached a copy of the log, but to me it looks like the iOS application is seriously flawed, so i am not sure that this log will show anything useful (note for some reason it will allow me to upload the .enc1 file. so i have removed the .enc1 suffix, you will need to therefore rename the file.

Next I will try adding a 41st entry with the trace active and see what happens.

KPM_1228.log

EDIT the installation of the iOS has completely screwed up the KPM database on both iOS and windows.

1. I did a clean install on iOS. I then went through the standard regsitration process (connect to the protection centre, wait while the databse sync'd to iOS)

2. the database on iOS had "deleted" all the account beyond 40, that is the iOS device has only 40 account on it, not the 60+ in windows

3. I now started KPM on windows and guess what the database on windows has now been trimmed back to 40 accounts only, the groups are intact but all entries beyond 40 have been removed.

I have attached a copy of the log, but to me it looks like the iOS application is seriously flawed, so i am not sure that this log will show anything useful (note for some reason it will allow me to upload the .enc1 file. so i have removed the .enc1 suffix, you will need to therefore rename the file.

Next I will try adding a 41st entry with the trace active and see what happens.

Right i have now tested with IOS active and windows active (and also Android). I have added a 41st entry and after a short period one of the original 40 is "deleted" from all devices and replaced with the 41st entry. Log of windows is attached. So something is clearly restricting the number of accounts to 40, but i would doubt it is windows KPM becuase with iOS and Android de-installed i can get to over 60 accounts.

KPM_6912.log

Right i have now tested with IOS active and windows active (and also Android). I have added a 41st entry and after a short period one of the original 40 is "deleted" from all devices and replaced with the 41st entry. Log of windows is attached. So something is clearly restricting the number of accounts to 40, but i would doubt it is windows KPM becuase with iOS and Android de-installed i can get to over 60 accounts.

Rodion/Avathar

Is there any update on the results of your investigations ?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.