xcesmess

Error while backing up - KSC 10.2

When trying to perform an upgrade of KSC 10.1 to KSC 10.2 I am receiving the following error message at the "Backing up the Administration Server data" step in the upgrade.

Error while installing: klbackup returned error: 1199; code = 11;
At least one repository corrupted: C:\ProgramData\Application
Data\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093
\.working\storages\5d224687-6ee5-4e93-8bf7-768984dfddd5
\SS_SETTINGS.datC:\ProgramData\Application
[OK]

Help? :)

Before installing we had a series of hard crashes on this server that caused some corrupted files in the Kaspersky installation. CHKDSK did a number of repairs and it seems to be working again. Could something else be affected? I'd like to *not* have to reinstall the server if possible!

When trying to perform an upgrade of KSC 10.1 to KSC 10.2 I am receiving the following error message at the "Backing up the Administration Server data" step in the upgrade.

[OK]

Before installing we had a series of hard crashes on this server that caused some corrupted files in the Kaspersky installation. CHKDSK did a number of repairs and it seems to be working again. Could something else be affected? I'd like to *not* have to reinstall the server if possible!

Hello!

Could you please confirm you are trying to upgrade from KSC 10.0.3361 to KSC 10.1.249? May I please ask you to perform an Administration Server backup task first and report back whether it succeeds or fails?

Thank you!

[OK]

This error means that some storages are known to contain corrupt data, and KSC does not allow to make backup of invalid data. If you have at least one successfull backup (created before those hard crashes) then the best thing which you can do is following:

- Uninstall the Administration Server.

- Install the Administration Server of the same (10.0.3361, I guess) or higher (10.1.249) version.

- Run klbackup utility to restore data from that successfull backup (restoring data from previous versions is supported).

Do you have a successfull backup created before those hard crashes ?

This error means that some storages are known to contain corrupt data, and KSC does not allow to make backup of invalid data. If you have at least one successfull backup (created before those hard crashes) then the best thing which you can do is following:

- Uninstall the Administration Server.

- Install the Administration Server of the same (10.0.3361, I guess) or higher (10.1.249) version.

- Run klbackup utility to restore data from that successfull backup (restoring data from previous versions is supported).

Do you have a successfull backup created before those hard crashes ?

I do have the backups so I will try to do a restore. After looking at the server again I realized I was trying to upgrade to 10.1.249. I'll run through your steps and try to restore the software.

Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.