Sign in to follow this  
gokhan76

KES 10 MR1 Deploying Endpoint Security Stuck P [In process]

Hi Guys,

I have been using KES 10 MR1 for the last a few days on 2012 Datacenter R2 Server and everytime I deploy Endpoint Security it gets stuck about 10 min and than it continues for the copying files and all that.

Why is it getting stuck on %50 everytime I have no idea.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Here is the Image of task screen waiting for now 10 minutes on this task...

2hwgufo.jpg

Time Status Description Registration time Name of the virtual Server

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:18:47 PM Completed Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (10.2.1.23): Installation completed successfully. Friday, 3 January 2014 9:18:49 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:16:35 PM Running (66%) Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (10.2.1.23): Setup started. Friday, 3 January 2014 9:16:38 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:15:26 PM Running (51%) Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (10.2.1.23): Copying files to the target computer... Friday, 3 January 2014 9:15:27 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:00:16 PM Running (50%) Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent (10.1.249): Remote installation has successfully completed on client computer. Friday, 3 January 2014 9:00:17 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:31 PM Running (16%) Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent (10.1.249): Installation service started on computer, now waiting for results... Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:32 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:31 PM Running (1%) Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent (10.1.249): Computer "XXXXX" address resolved to "xxxxxx". Copying files to the target computer... (\\xxxxxxxx\admin$) Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:31 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:30 PM Scheduled Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:30 PM

As you can see after 50% there is about 15 minutes waiting...

Regards,

Hello!

Please kindly show us screenshots of your task. Please provide us with task history export.

Thank you!

Here is the Image of task screen waiting for now 10 minutes on this task...

2hwgufo.jpg

Time Status Description Registration time Name of the virtual Server

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:18:47 PM Completed Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (10.2.1.23): Installation completed successfully. Friday, 3 January 2014 9:18:49 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:16:35 PM Running (66%) Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (10.2.1.23): Setup started. Friday, 3 January 2014 9:16:38 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:15:26 PM Running (51%) Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (10.2.1.23): Copying files to the target computer... Friday, 3 January 2014 9:15:27 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 9:00:16 PM Running (50%) Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent (10.1.249): Remote installation has successfully completed on client computer. Friday, 3 January 2014 9:00:17 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:31 PM Running (16%) Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent (10.1.249): Installation service started on computer, now waiting for results... Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:32 PM

Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:31 PM Running (1%) Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent (10.1.249): Computer "XXXXX" address resolved to "xxxxxx". Copying files to the target computer... (\\xxxxxxxx\admin$) Friday, 3 January 2014 8:59:31 PM

As you can see after 50% there is about 15 minutes waiting...

Regards,

Thank you for the detailed info.

This pause time may depend on a set of different factors as number of PCs in your network, task settings, network load, synchronization time for Network Agent etc.

So this is a totally normal behavior.

Does it really affect your deployment?

The reasons for this delay may vary from host to host. There actually is a way to find out what exactly has been happening, but nagent traces should have been enabled beforehand.

Hi Guys,

I have been using KES 10 MR1 for the last a few days on 2012 Datacenter R2 Server and everytime I deploy Endpoint Security it gets stuck about 10 min and than it continues for the copying files and all that.

Why is it getting stuck on %50 everytime I have no idea.

Any help will be really appreciated.

This is possibly unrelated but I had the same issues with KES 8 and then KES 10, both instances I found that the packages that I had downloaded were corrupt. I downloaded the packages for the Kaspersky website and added them in and then all installs worked perfectly.

This is possibly unrelated but I had the same issues with KES 8 and then KES 10, both instances I found that the packages that I had downloaded were corrupt. I downloaded the packages for the Kaspersky website and added them in and then all installs worked perfectly.

This is actually a bit different issue as according to GOKHAN I.T. his installation finishes successfully, and the question is 15 minutes delay between nagent and KES installation.

This is actually a bit different issue as according to GOKHAN I.T. his installation finishes successfully, and the question is 15 minutes delay between nagent and KES installation.

Thanks for responding guys,

Actually it doesn't effect the process but it just time consuming to wait for 15 min thats all I have been using SC versions starting from 8 and I guess this is the first time to experience this sort of behaviour.

I thought this might be related to the OS that I am running maybe which is 2012 R2 DATACENTER.

But I don't think so so as you said there might be some other factors which I want to find out what they are to make the SC work faster :)

Hey Guys,

we have the same Problem with deploying the new Version. But after 50%, nothing would be going on.

OS is a 2012 R2 Standard

Hey Guys,

we have the same Problem with deploying the new Version. But after 50%, nothing would be going on.

OS is a 2012 R2 Standard

Please kindly clarify which versions did you have?

Are you performing a single installation task for bot KES and Network Agent?

Please kindly try to run two separate tasks - network agent first and then KES.

Thank you!

I am also experiencing the same problem. It happens whether the install begins from the "Automatic Installation" task, or a manually created "Task for specific computer". When I run the setup directly from the KLShare directory, it copies/installs normally.

I'm watching the "copying" process now; in Task Manager on the target computer, the network traffic is a steady average of 1.48mbps. (Server is 2008R2, target OS Win7 32bit).

This problem only began with KES10 MR1 (v10.2.1.23). Previous versions deployed without the delay.

Well this is interesting.. but can't confirm that it's a definite cause/fix..

I noticed in our client computer list that one random machine was an Update Agent. There is setting in the Admin Server Properties -> Settings to "Automatically assign computers Update Agent status". I cleared that checkbox, and confirmed that the random workstation was no longer an Update agent. Then tried to deploy KES thru the "Automatic Installation" task, and boom - completely normal deployment time.

Possible cause/fix?

-- michael~

Thanks for responding guys,

Actually it doesn't effect the process but it just time consuming to wait for 15 min thats all I have been using SC versions starting from 8 and I guess this is the first time to experience this sort of behaviour.

I thought this might be related to the OS that I am running maybe which is 2012 R2 DATACENTER.

But I don't think so so as you said there might be some other factors which I want to find out what they are to make the SC work faster :)

Well this is interesting.. but can't confirm that it's a definite cause/fix..

I noticed in our client computer list that one random machine was an Update Agent. There is setting in the Admin Server Properties -> Settings to "Automatically assign computers Update Agent status". I cleared that checkbox, and confirmed that the random workstation was no longer an Update agent. Then tried to deploy KES thru the "Automatic Installation" task, and boom - completely normal deployment time.

Possible cause/fix?

-- michael~

Hello!

Yes, it may be the cause of this issue but as it was already told the variants can be different.

Will it be possible for you to reproduce the issue and collect the following information:

1. Simultaneously collected network agent and server traces.

2. Installation logs.

Thank you!