puthearith070

Can't use SMTP gmail server in report and notification of KSC10 [In Progress]

Hi,

Has anyone successfully used gmail account or other mails that are hosted on SMTP gmail server in report and notification of Kaspersky Security Center?

I think that KSC has something wrong with SMTP server SSL, port 465 or 587 such as gmail.com, outlook.com, but I still have optimism and wait for the solutions from this forum.

Thank beforehand.

Edited by Kravtsov Vitaly

Hi,

Has anyone successfully used gmail account or other mails that are hosted on SMTP gmail server in report and notification of Kaspersky Security Center?

I think that KSC has something wrong with SMTP server SSL, port 465 or 587 such as gmail.com, outlook.com, but I still have optimism and wait for the solutions from this forum.

Thank beforehand.

Hello!

Please clarify - you are not able to send reports on mentioned servers?

Could You please send us export of your active policy?

Thank You!

Hello!

Please clarify - you are not able to send reports on mentioned servers?

Could You please send us export of your active policy?

Thank You!

Thanks, I can't use the SMTP Gmail Server in Notification Delivery. Please check my print screen.

I think that it's not related the Policy, KSC might have problem with SSL connection.

post-483926-1387209337_thumb.png

I tried setting the ESMTP authentication, but it still got the error.

May I please kindly ask you to submit an incident in your CompanyAccount for this issue?

Please collect Administration Server and Administration Console traces with issue reproduction and attach them to your incident.

Thank you!

May I please kindly ask you to submit an incident in your CompanyAccount for this issue?

Please collect Administration Server and Administration Console traces with issue reproduction and attach them to your incident.

Thank you!

Here's my request id: INC000002533854

thank in advance,

Hello!

Please kindly also send us export of the active policy.

Attach it to the created incident.

We will proceed investigating this issue in the request.

Thank You!

Hello!

Please kindly also send us export of the active policy.

Attach it to the created incident.

We will proceed investigating this issue in the request.

Thank You!

Sorry late for reply, I attached it in incident.

Sorry late for reply, I attached it in incident.

Hello!

Thank you for the info, we will investigate it as soon as possible.

There are a few people having this issue, me included

Hello!

Is it possible for you to wait for MR1 for a few days and check if this issue persists?

Hello!

Is it possible for you to wait for MR1 for a few days and check if this issue persists?

I hope KSC 10 MR1 will be able to compatible with SMTP Gmail.

As per my understanding, KSC 10 is not compatible to setup using gmail account. This is because gmail used TLS encryption which KSC 10 don't have this features.

Here is a workaround solution to setup gmail account - Set up SMTP relay server to get it work!

Below is some study material reference link that i used to study and configure in my testing labs & it is work!

http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/ind...hp/t276239.html

http://community.office365.com/en-us/forums/158/t/9069.aspx

http://help.targetprocess.com/email/gmail_smtp

Hope this help! :D

I also can't send notification e-mail to GMAIL, HOTMAIL account.

Hi,

Have you got a case submitted in personal cabinet regarding it yet?

We've just upgraded to

Kaspersky Security Center

Kaspersky Lab

Version: 10.1.249

and I was disappointed to find that the required protocol for sending reports to GMail is *still* not available. Any news on when we will be able to use reporting to send to GMail? Our academy trust uses GMail throughout it's organisation.

We've just upgraded to

Kaspersky Security Center

Kaspersky Lab

Version: 10.1.249

and I was disappointed to find that the required protocol for sending reports to GMail is *still* not available. Any news on when we will be able to use reporting to send to GMail? Our academy trust uses GMail throughout it's organisation.

I've made it work with an SMTP relay server. There are two ways to do this: one is to add SMTP relay to one of your servers. The second way I've used, if the Gmail accounts are part of Google Apps for Business, is to setup an SMTP relay directly with Google. There are instructions for this on the web, but basically you log into Gmail (assuming you have admin credentials for the domain in Gmail), Click on settings -> Manage this domain -> Google Apps -> Gmail -> Advanced Settings -> SMTP relay service. In Kaspersky you send the email to smtp-relay.gmail.com, port 465.

The only trick required for me to make this work is to make sure under the settings section that I put an email account under "email address of the sender." It says that if this setting is not defined, it will use the address of the recipient, however since the receiving address for my reports is a different domain than the domain for this client, Gmail will not relay the email. It only relays emails where the sending address is the same domain as the one in Google Apps.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Hugh

Edited by HughA

I've made it work with an SMTP relay server. There are two ways to do this: one is to add SMTP relay to one of your servers. The second way I've used, if the Gmail accounts are part of Google Apps for Business, is to setup an SMTP relay directly with Google. There are instructions for this on the web, but basically you log into Gmail (assuming you have admin credentials for the domain in Gmail), Click on settings -> Manage this domain -> Google Apps -> Gmail -> Advanced Settings -> SMTP relay service. In Kaspersky you send the email to smtp-relay.gmail.com, port 465.

The only trick required for me to make this work is to make sure under the settings section that I put an email account under "email address of the sender." It says that if this setting is not defined, it will use the address of the recipient, however since the receiving address for my reports is a different domain than the domain for this client, Gmail will not relay the email. It only relays emails where the sending address is the same domain as the one in Google Apps.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Hugh

Thank you for this info!

Hi Everybody,

we use to work with Google Apps for Business and our KSC10MR1 properly sends out notifications through a plain connection (smtp.gmail.com on 25TCP)...

M

Hi Everybody,

we use to work with Google Apps for Business and our KSC10MR1 properly sends out notifications through a plain connection (smtp.gmail.com on 25TCP)...

M

Thank you for this info!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.