Sign in to follow this  
w124me

Unattended/Silent Installation of KAV6

What is the best way to do an unattended/silent install of KAV6? I want to update our KAV6 clients to .1611 from .1424.

Rather than push the client through the Admin Kit, to conserve bandwidth I want to drop the installer package on everyone's computer locally and run a silent installation. I have created a standalone installer package in the admin kit.

What switches do I need to use to make it silent, and minimize the amount of reboots? Also, will it uninstall the old verison first? Or just update?

What is the best way to do an unattended/silent install of KAV6? I want to update our KAV6 clients to .1611 from .1424.

Rather than push the client through the Admin Kit, to conserve bandwidth I want to drop the installer package on everyone's computer locally and run a silent installation. I have created a standalone installer package in the admin kit.

What switches do I need to use to make it silent, and minimize the amount of reboots? Also, will it uninstall the old verison first? Or just update?

Hello.

How to install Kaspersky Antivirus version 6.0 MP4 with a preset configuration in silent mode http://support.kaspersky.com/3080

I would create and run a Task for specific computers to remove .1424 first and force a reboot after completion.

Go to the properties of the client package and do the following:

General tab:

Update bases-this will include all the module updates that came out after 1611 was released. Each module update requires a reboot if installed individually but if you include them all in a package, you'll only have to reboot once.

http://support.kaspersky.com/7508

Properties tab:

Components to be installed: Uncheck what you don't need. In my case, I uncheck Mail Anti-virus and Anti-Spam because I don't need them since we have separate systems for these.

Configuration file:

Create a configuration file and include it in your package.

https://support.kaspersky.com/2517

-If you don't want any of the local tasks (scan/update) running automatically, make sure you set them to manual. You can't control these settings from the Admin kit.

License:

Add you license key

To install the client silently, run setup.exe with the following switches:

"C:\KAVWKS 6.0.4.1611\exec\setup.exe" /s /pALLOWREBOOT=1

where:

/s /pALLOWREBOOT=1 - silent installation with reboot (without prompting)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.