Have recently started getting a failed database update due to what is euphemistically called an 'authentication error'. My update source is the standard Kaspersky Labs update servers setting...has never been changed since the last install.

Is anyone out there having the same issue?

Regards

Baldrick

I have exactly same issue: authentication error. Nice. 110 days remaining, 5PCs license, and I have been left with the database from September.

does anyone know if I'll install Avast as the temporary solution (they have worse protection, but recent database) - do I need to uninstall the paid product, which cannot trust its own database files (called by most ppl: KIS 2014) ?

The Big Two logs of Kaspersky update issues:

GSI log and Update log.

New members of this forum don't know that the Big Two have been requested 510 204.08 times on this forum.

It looks like I need to be more specific in All cases, as I apparently quite erroneously thought that an Advanced Member III, Group: Gold Beta Testers person would:

a] Know to post the Big Two logs with his update issues post, and

b] Know what they are, when reminded that we, of course, need them. :)

--------------

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please attach the update report.

Main Kaspersky window, Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update, select the current entry > Save icon at upper right > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

For Baldrick

The Big Two logs of Kaspersky update issues:

GSI log and Update log.

New members of this forum don't know that the Big Two have been requested 510 204.08 times on this forum.

It looks like I need to be more specific in All cases, as I apparently quite erroneously thought that an Advanced Member III, Group: Gold Beta Testers person would:

a] Know to post the Big Two logs with his update issues post, and

b] Know what they are, when reminded that we, of course, need them. :)

--------------

Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the sixth (6th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Please attach the update report.

Main Kaspersky window, Reports > upper right > Detailed reports, upper left > dropdown > Update, select the current entry > Save icon at upper right > Save, save it somewhere and attach it to your next post.

If the file is too large to upload, then zip it (right click, send to > compressed zipped folder) and upload the zip.

================================================================================

OK, here are the logs...

Additional info: I reinstalled KIS yesterday, when the authentication error occurred first time.

NOTE: the logs provided are taken just prior to installing the Avast (as I stated previously, I think it is better to have something with the recent database rather than the brilliant product with error).

edit: add message for the Original Poster.

GetSystemInfo_2013_12_12_06_30_55.rar

update_errors.txt

Edited by richbuff

Uninstall HitManPro > reboot, then try again. It looks like HitmanPro is blocking Kaspersky database update.

Most recent entry in your Event Viewer: "The following process is trying to attack your personal files: PID: 1084 FileName: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 14.0.0\avp.exe List of files: C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP14.0.0\Temp\temporaryFolder\updates\kdb\i386\base65cc.kdc C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP14.0.0\Temp\temporaryFolder\updates\kdb\i386\base4c8c.kdc C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP14.0.0\Temp\temporaryFolder\updates\kdb\i386\base4c6c.kdc HitmanPro.Alert has intercepted and blocked this attack. You are strongly advised to immediately scan this computer with HitmanPro and remove the detected threats."

Uninstall HitManPro > reboot, then try again. It looks like HitmanPro is blocking Kaspersky database update.

Hmm.. I'll try, but: I installed HitManPro some time ago, and the problem occured just yesterday... Anyway, I'll try and post the result here.

So far: HitMan uninstalled, update is running since 07:00 (immediately after the restart. current (08:00) status: 24%, 2.14MB. Is it NORMAL? :|

So far: HitMan uninstalled, update is running since 07:00 (immediately after the restart. current (08:00) status: 24%, 2.14MB. Is it NORMAL? :|

1. Try to re-install application.

2. Please go to Kaspersky Settings – Update – Update Source – Add – add http://195.222.17.41 as a source, click “OK”. Uncheck “Kaspersky Update Servers”, run database update.

Followed instructions. 110.01MB downloaded, update applied, no errors.

Thanks for the support.

One final question:

shall I keep the Kaspersky Update servers disabled, keeping the given by you source only, or shall I restore it?

Followed instructions. 110.01MB downloaded, update applied, no errors.

Thanks for the support.

One final question:

shall I keep the Kaspersky Update servers disabled, keeping the given by you source only, or shall I restore it?

I think it could be a temporarily server malfunction. But you can use specified source. It is one of our regular update servers, so all actual updates are there in time.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.