RPS

Endpoint security 10 or enterprise version 8.0.0.559?

For file servers, which is the preferred version to use? Enterprise version and Endpoint security 10 both say they are compatible with most versions of server. So is there a preferred version to use?

The question is which sevices have this servers.

I prefere the Enterprise Edition on server side.

I prefere the Enterprise Edition on server side.

Hi,

Me too

Regards

For file servers, which is the preferred version to use? Enterprise version and Endpoint security 10 both say they are compatible with most versions of server. So is there a preferred version to use?

I'm with everyone else, if its a server use the tool built for servers, Enterprise Edition. That said, if it's 2012 your SOL and have to go with KES10.

I'm with everyone else, if its a server use the tool built for servers, Enterprise Edition. That said, if it's 2012 your SOL and have to go with KES10.

The bolded is not entirely true. WSEE 8.0.0.559 can be installed on 2012 and works there with no problems. On 2012R2 as well! We have confirmation from customers that they use 559 on their 2012/R2 servers.

That said, the Win2012/R2 was not officially tested with WSEE 8.0, yes, and moreover the original product does not support new features of these OS, like ReFS and CSV. We're aiming to remove both inconveniences with the release of WSEE 8.0 SP1, which should be released in April 2014. Currently we're conducting a beta test for SP1 here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=328

It's simple:

If you have File Servers, you could use KES 10.

If you have Application Servers, don't hesitate to use KAVFSEE 8.

But:

If you want to add protection features to your servers (with Firewall), then use KES 10.

If you don't want to mix versions in Servers, as Helmut & Caos said: use KAVFSEE 8

The bolded is not entirely true. WSEE 8.0.0.559 can be installed on 2012 and works there with no problems. On 2012R2 as well! We have confirmation from customers that they use 559 on their 2012/R2 servers.

That said, the Win2012/R2 was not officially tested with WSEE 8.0, yes, and moreover the original product does not support new features of these OS, like ReFS and CSV. We're aiming to remove both inconveniences with the release of WSEE 8.0 SP1, which should be released in April 2014. Currently we're conducting a beta test for SP1 here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=328

So you'll be updateing the System Requirements for WSEE 8.0.0.559 to include support for Server 2012? if not, its an unsupported configuration and we've had enough issues with supported configuartions of Kaspersky to know better than to recommend to anyone to go with something Unsupported.

I'm still waiting to read about why FSEE8 is better than ES10 for Servers.

kaspersky enterprise edition is preferred as you would not be call upon at an unusual hour to attend to issues as client put all the blame on kaspersky saying it blocks this and blocks that.

I have used it and it is perfect. Also from the training we had here in Nigeria by a kaspersky Tech rep. He strongly advised that KEE8.0.0.599 is better.

regards,

ssbs

Edited by ssbs

kaspersky enterprise edition is preferred as you would not be call upon at an unusual hour to attend to issues as client put all the blame on kaspersky saying it blocks this and blocks that.

I have used it and it is perfect. Also from the training we had here in Nigeria by a kaspersky Tech rep. He said strongly the KEE8.0.0.599 is better.

regards,

ssbs

See but this is all heresay, where's the official word from Kaspersky on this? Point me to a KB article that specifically outlines why FSEE8 is better on servers than ES10. Nobody I talk to can do this, even Kaspersky support.

Saying "Well it's just better because reasons!" doesn't suffice in an enterprise environment.

I'm still waiting to read about why FSEE8 is better than ES10 for Servers.

For me why I feel it is better is that KEE 8.0.0.599 allows we support guys go to sleep while that of the later keeps you awake. I'm just saying.....

See but this is all heresay, where's the official word from Kaspersky on this? Point me to a KB article that specifically outlines why FSEE8 is better on servers than ES10. Nobody I talk to can do this, even Kaspersky support.

Saying "Well it's just better because reasons!" doesn't suffice in an enterprise environment.

FSEE has significantly less functionalities than KES which makes it more reliable and much faster. I guess it also benefits from a better QA from Kaspersky's engineering teams.

It also support specific server configurations (like clustering) which are not supported by KES.

We probably can't say that one product is straight up better than the other. They are designed differently to suit different means, so the final choice depends on your needs and wishes.

Test both, see what you prefer. From my testing I've found it better to not add the bloat of other options to my servers. I have other tools to do a firewall, web filtering etc, I don't need that done on my servers where I want the processor and memory to go to whatever application is running on that server. With just the simple Real Time Scanner and the ability to do a full scan I limit the resources that my AV vendor is going to use and allow those resournces to be used for soething else.

If your looking for a KB article, I can't point to one...have a hard enough time naviagting the Kaspersky Support page to find my own articles. I can only speak from my experience. I've done the same thing with other vendors, when we were a symantec cusotmer I would only install the basic AV functions on my servers, I don't need or want any of the other stuff on them, just give me the ability to remove a virus and let me drive on from there.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.