Indio

KIS 2014 Gadget is missing after install IE 11 on Windows 7.

25 posts in this topic

Is well known that nowadays (MS-Internet Explorer) Upgrade their new Ver. Automatically. They carry out the installation in my PC-Today of (IE-11) without any problem. The

computer it was rebooted and displayed all the desktop icons. But the last step, when the Kaspersky (Red-K-Icon) finish enable the 'Kis-14' The Green PC-icon, located in the right upper corner, didn't appears anymore

I troubleshooted by rebooting twice, repeat the procedure to drag the icon to the right UpperCorner, when I release the mouse the Icon disappears. I ask to those, who have upgraded the (IE-11) if they had similar errors and suggestMe, some workarounds to solve this issue. Thanks in advance. Regard < INDIO >

Are you referring to the Kaspersky desktop Gadget?

What operating system?

Please right click on your desktop and select gadgets. Is the Kaspersky Gadget shown? Select and add, or similar. Any better?

Are you referring to the Kaspersky desktop Gadget?

What operating system?

Please right click on your desktop and select gadgets. Is the Kaspersky Gadget shown? Select and add, or similar. Any better?

1) Yes I do. The KGadget located at the upper right corner

2) OS - Win7Pro (64bit.SP1)

3) Went through that step. Right ClickDesktop>WinGallery>Click KIcon>Drag it to RightUpperCorner> WhenReleasePointer>GadgetDisappears.

4)After greenIcon disappears a BlackShortRectangle showUp for a seconds N' get, vanished too

5)I rebooted twice, repeat the procedure, but no lucky

6)Went again to GadgetWin. I Un & Installed the KIcon, but noGet any better. Any other suggestion welcome. <INDIO>

3) Instead of click and drag the gadget, please double click the gadget. Please see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...asked-questions

Quote: "To add a gadget to the desktop

Right-click the desktop, and then click Gadgets.

Double-click a gadget to add it to the desktop."

Hi-Rich: I followed the Workaround: Right.click/Desktop >In Gadget.gallery/Win >Dble.Right/click/KGadget N' should jump to Desktop. but only shows a blink/black/rectangle, N' disappears too. Gallery Window shows 10 icons, I Dble/Right.click, some N' get displayed in the desktop quicly, except the KGadget.

I'm able to drag the Kgreen/gadget to right/Upper/corner-but doesn't "Stay ON" after release the cursor.

Definetely the KGadget get corrupted after installation of (MSIE-11) Is getting tough

but it gotta be a solution. Any other fixes welcome <INDIO>

Double Left click, not double right click. :)

If still no go: Two ideas: GSI report, and inform Tech Support.

This is an issue with IE11 and probably one of the hotfixes that accompanied it. I ran into this last night on 2 machines. Installed IE11 and November patch, rebooted OK but when offered a successive 2 (KB2836502 was one of them - 1MB in size) and rebooted, the sidebar hadn't started. The process was there but no sidebar and therefore gadgets.

I could right click on the desktop and toggle 'show desktop gadgets' to get them back but it wouldn't start with Windows.

Long and short of it: uninstall IE11 and KB2836502 if you see them installed and choose to hide future offerings.

Not specifically a Kaspersky issue but Microsoft's fault.

The KIS 2014 Gadget is missing after the latest Windows 7 (64-bit) update and I am unable to reinstate it (it just disappeears).

Windows 7 update details if relevant:

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.161.2195.0)

Installation date: ‎15/‎11/‎2013 17:10

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Install this update to revise the definition files used to detect spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed.

More information:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...t/overview.mspx

Help and Support:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52661

I accept the KIS gadget is not essential but it is disturbing that it is no longer displayed.

I read several comments in a Windows forum about Microsoft recommending that gadgets are insecure and should not be used, especially those for security apps.

Other gadgets are still okay but the standard analogue clock gadget is also missing, and that doesn't have internet access.

Anyone know what is going on?

edit: Merged. And original topic title: PC-Green (Kis-14) Icon Removed After (IE-11) Installed, Icon refuse to stay ON

Edited by richbuff

This is an issue with IE11 and probably one of the hotfixes that accompanied it. I ran into this last night on 2 machines. Installed IE11 and November patch, rebooted OK but when offered a successive 2 (KB2836502 was one of them - 1MB in size) and rebooted, the sidebar hadn't started. The process was there but no sidebar and therefore gadgets.

I could right click on the desktop and toggle 'show desktop gadgets' to get them back but it wouldn't start with Windows.

Long and short of it: uninstall IE11 and KB2836502 if you see them installed and choose to hide future offerings.

Not specifically a Kaspersky issue but Microsoft's fault.

Your right.

I uninstalled the IE11 update (3 days ago), reinstated the Gadgets platform that I had disabled and rebooted. Lo and behold the missing gadgets had returned, including half a dozen duplicate gadgets from my previous abortive attempts :rolleyes: . I'll be more careful about automatically applying all the recommended Windows updates in future.

OK, I know Microsoft are doing away with Gadgets because they think they're open to attack but I like the Kaspersky Internet Security Gadget that I had on my desktop, when the tick appeared in the monitor screen it gave me confidence that KIS was up and running.

I've put an icon in the task bar but it isn't the same as my Gadget now doesn't work, has anyone else lost theirs?

While I'm at it KIS 2014 seems to take ages to load.

According with "WIKIPEDIA" In computing a GADGET is a small APP - with a limited performance N' can be installed and executed, within a Desktop or Webpage

by a PC-User, known as well as Widget.badge.Snippet, etc. having said that it give us an idea of the importance

for AVirus companies to ID-Themselves, with one this in the market.

Kaspersky.Users, get this Gadget, since 2yrs ago, via (Kis-installation) it gives a sense, like 'NorskYorkie' said of security, after we logged IN

and losing it after install (IE-11) is unacceptable, roll back to (IE-10) is the only choice to get it back. KLab should launch, their own

N' no depends, from another third party. Hopefully the "Fix" be added to patch(d) want more

info click this link: http://addgadgets.com/faq/ :: Written by <Indio>

I've restarted my computer and the Kaspersky Gadget icon no longer appears on my desktop. I've tried right-clicking on the desktop and opening gadgets. The Gadget icon appears in there but when I try to add it to my desktop, it doesn't do anything. Thanks for the help.

I've restarted my computer and the Kaspersky Gadget icon no longer appears on my desktop. I've tried right-clicking on the desktop and opening gadgets. The Gadget icon appears in there but when I try to add it to my desktop, it doesn't do anything. Thanks for the help.

Microsoft doesn't support gadgets any more due to security issues. The Windows Gadgets site has links to details if I recall correctly.

In all probability, a Windows update has disabled them without telling you.

Thanks for the info Rudger79 & Chewie. That seems to be the same issue that I am having. The gadget doesn't seem that it is essential for KIS but it was always a nice feature to have. Hopefully there will be a fix for it without having to remove the latest Microsoft updates

Thanks

Microsoft doesn't support gadgets any more due to security issues. The Windows Gadgets site has links to details if I recall correctly.

In all probability, a Windows update has disabled them without telling you.

What are you talking about ? Microsoft has not disabled the gadgets, it's an issue between the last ie11 updates and kaspersky.

What are you talking about ? Microsoft has not disabled the gadgets, it's an issue between the last ie11 updates and kaspersky.

I said 'in all probability', which in no way constitutes a definite statement of truth or accuracy.

M$ don't support desktop gadgets or the Vista sidebar any more though:

"Gadgets are no longer available on our website because the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 and Windows Vista has serious vulnerabilities."

Same issue here and I use Chrome, not IE. If you go into Start - type "side" - click on "view list of running gadgets" a window comes up showing all your currently running gadgets. For me, it shows the Kaspersky gadget as running but I can't see it on the desktop! It's like it's hidden somewhere????

Same issue here and I use Chrome, not IE. If you go into Start - type "side" - click on "view list of running gadgets" a window comes up showing all your currently running gadgets. For me, it shows the Kaspersky gadget as running but I can't see it on the desktop! It's like it's hidden somewhere????

I greet all

this is the answer to microsoft (Italian support)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...s&sandbox=1

with a recent microsoft update has disabled gadget even on older OS....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719662/en-us

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...t&sandbox=1

Edited by nuvtazio

I greet all

this is the answer to microsoft (Italian support)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...s&sandbox=1

with a recent microsoft update has disabled gadget even on older OS....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2719662/en-us

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...t&sandbox=1

I am running KAV 2013 on Windows 7 SP1 (X64) with IE 11 and all patches applied. My Gadgets work, including the Kaspersky Gadget. Microsoft has not disabled Gadgets, at least not by any pushed patches.

BTW, I have had KB2836502 applied since 13 June 2013 and had no problems. I installed IE 11 via Windows Update on 17 November 2013; I like it much better than the IE 9 that I was running.

I suspect the problem is with KIS, but I do not have KIS.

Gadget-Missed: The first link posted by (nuvtazio) http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&...s&sandbox=1 [A well known answer]

The "Gadget" are not longer supported by the Giant MSoft - due to serious security vulnerabilities

as a result fix this issue in Patch(d) it won't be an easy task, for the Developers.

I'm not in favor of un-install (IE-11) get back to (IE-10) to re-install the KGadget. Is like Un(Kis-14) to install(Kis-13) The wise

option for Klab is create its own gadget N' get install it with, new Kis-versions.

How sounds that Kasperskians- Great! Isn't it. ByeFrom <Indio>

I don't know if this helps but I'm running KIS 2013 on Win 7x64 with IE 11 and all MS updates as of Dec,11 2013 and the gadget works fine

I don't know if this helps but I'm running KIS 2013 on Win 7x64 with IE 11 and all MS updates as of Dec,11 2013 and the gadget works fine

Strange.

My desktop - Win7-64 with auto MS patches lost the KIS gadget and not allowed to "add" and remaining gadgets changed colour but HP and Dell laptops w/win7-64 & vista, also with auto updates, show gadgets.

KIS 2014.

Edited by Sellick