duke-one

PWM News, please!

Kaspersky Lab: Please listen for a minute: I am not asking for the combination to your safe or your personal ID. What I want and think many other would also appreciate is some news on the "patch C" problem. This is a fairly big deal affecting many people and is not fixed yet on the promised day. I think we deserve a fix, that I'm sure is coming, but there is no excuse for not keeping us informed. Not pages of fine details just a few words every two or three days so we don't feel in the dark.

Thanks, KDM

PS: Please don't tell me the subject is closed, it is not closed till it is fixed.

this is incredible! is a mockery ... expected release patch "D" was yesterday. Where is the seriousness of Kaspersky? No information and wait for weeks to solve this serious problem. You will lose many customers.

:bravo:

It's a waiting game for patch D now i would expect it will be released soon but i'm not holding my breath, but now Firefox 25.0 was just released i'm wondering if patch D and Password Manager plug-ins will have compatibility issues with the new Firefox version, only time will tell.

i'm really very angry from Neglect of kaspersky. We are waiting for more than 15 days for an update ????

Edited by Rayan Adams

They are kidding us, no even one answer and apologizes. I've been using Kaspersky for years, you have just lost a client. Wonder whether Jewgienij Kaspierski knows what's going on here.

I'll still wait patiently since this involves "all" of my sensitive passwords. To me, the waiting is much easier and shorter than trying to recover from identity theft due to a rush to fix the problem. My apologies for remaining optimistic with Kaspersky.

All, we apologize for the issues with Patch C. Details on Patch D should be available in the next day or so.

All, we apologize for the issues with Patch C. Details on Patch D should be available in the next day or so.

Thanks, Scott C. Are you a user, or a Kaspersky employee ?

There have been others who come across as being employees, and then fall back to being users when the dialog becomes uncomfortable.

Just trying to understand the apology you offered, and it's inherent value.

Thanks.

-RKA

There was a thread earlier that showed a setting to update to the beta version D, which seems to have been deleted. Why not allow that info, especially given that deadlines aren't always firm for final releases?

There was a thread earlier that showed a setting to update to the beta version D, which seems to have been deleted. Why not allow that info, especially given that deadlines aren't always firm for final releases?

Because beta's are only for those willing to take the chance. Those that do already know where to find that info in the beta section, it's a bad piece advice to advice ordinary user to change to the beta especially so close to a release.

RKA: Good point and question.

Chance2: The post you mention might not have been real at all, could have been anything. The "C patch" problem is enough trouble on it's own, I for one would not take any chance on making it worse. I wish it was already fixed but can wait a few more days if need be. I wonder if we will get some good info when this is over on what really happened, not too technical, just an overview. Seeing how long it is taking I bet it was/is one hell of a mess. KDM

RKA: Good point and question.

Chance2: The post you mention might not have been real at all, could have been anything. The "C patch" problem is enough trouble on it's own, I for one would not take any chance on making it worse. I wish it was already fixed but can wait a few more days if need be. I wonder if we will get some good info when this is over on what really happened, not too technical, just an overview. Seeing how long it is taking I bet it was/is one hell of a mess. KDM

How will we be informed that the "D" patch is out and ready? Just the change of letter on application version or will there be some special instructions? KDM

Thanks, Scott C. Are you a user, or a Kaspersky employee ?

There have been others who come across as being employees, and then fall back to being users when the dialog becomes uncomfortable.

Just trying to understand the apology you offered, and it's inherent value.

Thanks.

-RKA

Yes, I am an employee for over 5 years in the US office. See the Group field under my name on the left of my posts. A number of employee posters here are members of technical support, so may fall silent if they don't have updates, myself included.

An additional bug was found during Patch D testing, and we are going to address that before the formal release of the patch.

As the awesome Don Pelotas notes, if you are willing you can try the beta patch elsewhere on the Forum, but please note Technical Support cannot assist you with beta patches. Please follow the directions in that section about using the beta patch.

Yes, I am an employee for over 5 years in the US office. See the Group field under my name on the left of my posts. A number of employee posters here are members of technical support, so may fall silent if they don't have updates, myself included.

An additional bug was found during Patch D testing, and we are going to address that before the formal release of the patch.

As the awesome Don Pelotas notes, if you are willing you can try the beta patch elsewhere on the Forum, but please note Technical Support cannot assist you with beta patches. Please follow the directions in that section about using the beta patch.

Finally some news ! Thank you.

There are always bugs in any program and that can/must be understandable by anyone. It's not a shame for any developper.

The problem is when we do not have any news nor explanations on what is going on.

As requestes above, just a not too technical information would be sufficient to let us know

why there are delays.

I'm sure that Kaspersky would have a lot to gain if they were more opened on their problems.

Just my 50 cents.

/edit : and sorry for my poor English :)

Edited by GGd'am

Finally some news ! Thank you.

There are always bugs in any program and that can/must be understandable by anyone. It's not a shame for any developper.

The problem is when we do not have any news nor explanations on what is going on.

As requestes above, just a not too technical information would be sufficient to let us know

why there are delays.

I'm sure that Kaspersky would have a lot to gain if they were more opened on their problems.

Just my 50 cents.

/edit : and sorry for my poor English :)

Your point and follow up on mine about a "not too technical" bit of news might explain something: When you ask an expert what is going on they may feel compelled to give a dissertation when all the average user wants is a bit of news. KDM

Thanks Scott, that is just the type of "bit of news" I was looking for. Of course I wish this was over but now don't feel so in the dark. Duke

Thanks Scott, that is just the type of "bit of news" I was looking for. Of course I wish this was over but now don't feel so in the dark. Duke

+1

FWIW, I did find the Beta forum on the main forums page, and followed the instructions there. I have Patch D loaded, and as far as I can tell it works fine. The password display is back, the expiration nonsense is gone, the stpass.log file is no longer filling up my hard disk, and things are back to the way they were.

Unfortunately, the way things were includes the regrettable removal of the password export capability.

Still, 2 steps back and one step forward is better than 2 steps back and waiting. :rolleyes:

NOTE: With the beta version of Patch D installed, you won't get database updates. For that, I guess, we will have to wait for the final release.

-RKA

Edited by rasar

I am a patient person and until now have chosen not to join in with any criticsm of Kaspersky with regard to Patch C, I have been in this position myself, however like the last poster I think it is essential for Kaspersky to start repairing customer relationships especially keeping the customer informed at this point. I have promoted to most of my friends how good Kaspersky is and especially KPM, however come the next license renewal I might just look for an alternative solution - this issue has created too many problems and highlighted to me the fragility of relying upon such software to manage important credentials.

Mark.

FWIW, I did find the Beta forum on the main forums page, and followed the instructions there. I have Patch D loaded, and as far as I can tell it works fine. The password display is back, the expiration nonsense is gone, the stpass.log file is no longer filling up my hard disk, and things are back to the way they were.

Unfortunately, the way things were includes the regrettable removal of the password export capability.

Still, 2 steps back and one step forward is better than 2 steps back and waiting. :rolleyes:

NOTE: With the beta version of Patch D installed, you won't get database updates. For that, I guess, we will have to wait for the final release.

-RKA

All seems to be fine for me too on the patch d I have been running patch d for about 5 or 6 days now and i have not had any problems.and yes things are back the way they where but is a little better then the c patch..lol