jajuja

KIS 2014 addons are incompatible with Firefox X and X+1 and X+2, as X approaches infinity.

I did not think that I would live long enough to see the "KIS addons are incompatible with Firefox 25" topic.

But, here we are, at this milestone, thanks to recent advances in modern medicine.

May we all live long enough to see the "KIS addons are incompatible with Firefox 100" topic.

And for those of you who do not know who The Beatles are, may you live long enough to see the "KIS addons are incompatible with Firefox 250" topic.

Well, anyway, welcome to the forum, and thanks for the occasion for life-path philosophical reflection.

Almost forgot: The addons will be made compatible, sometime in the future, when powers that make this happen are ready.

Almost almost forgot: this is amicably closed, to prevent morphing into a lengthy repeat of the "KIS addons are incompatible with Firefox 24" topic. (Or the Firefox 23 topic. Or the Firefox 22 topic. Or the Firefox...)

-------------------

Sorry, an error occurred. The board has enabled "Firefox add-ons incompatible" flood control. Please try posting non-"Firefox add-ons incompatible" content.

One posted reply is removed. Two reasons:

1. Your posted method is not supported by Kaspersky.

Unsupported machinations are not posted in this forum, because doing such unsupported machinations can lead to deficiency or instability of Firefox and/or Kaspersky application.

The correct reply to this issue is very similar to this: This issue is known, and the fix is in the works, and the fix will be made available, sometime in the future.

2. Discussion of why Kaspersky does not rapidly make the add ons compatible has happened 510 204.08 times already. The correct answer is: It takes time to make the add ons compatible, and in the future, Kaspersky may be able to do this faster.

I am going to leave this topic open. The topic is: "Is there a way to make Safe Money work with browsers other than Internet Explorer?"

Off topic posting will result in closure of this topic.

A little overzealous to remove my post I think.

All I did was to explain why Kaspersky add-ons do not work with current versions of Firefox, and how they could easily overcome the problem in the future by building redundancy into the installation files.

Whilst I did say that add-on files could be hacked to get them to work, in this case it is irrelevant as, to my knowledge, you cannot get hold of the relevant xpi files anyway. So it is all hypothetical.

But no doubt you will delete this post too. :rolleyes:

Is it safe using Firefox 25 without these addons?

URL Advisor

Dangerous Websites Blocker

Safe Money

Virtual Keyboard

Will there be a fix?

I gots ta know!

I use KIS14 on my Win 8.1 laptop and when I updated it to 8.1 it updated itself to patch B. In patch B some IE Addons didn't work with IE11 but patch C has now been released which partly fixes this. Sadly it appears Safe Moneys not performing as it should.

The safe money "critical updates" issue should be fixed in the next patch. I read a post in this forum that even though you get the message, safe money is still functioning, just disregard the message.

We upgraded our 6 machines to Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 last week. I now see that the security add-ins for Firefox 25.0.1 (Dangerous website blocker, Kaspersky URL advisor, Safe Money, Virtual Keyboard all at version 14.0.0.4764) are NOT WORKING and that is because It appears that Kaspersky simply could not be bothered to keep up with the latest versions of Firefox (many of which are themselves due to security upgrades). Not having these add-ons working means that our users are exposed while thinking that they are protected.

Firefox has over 17% usage compared to other browsers in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers) - that is tens if not hundreds of millions of users. It is also just 3% shy of Internet Explorer. Come on Kaspersky, get your act together and support the browsers that people use. This has been an issue since well before now (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/940468 http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...;#entry2119415).

You are supposed to be protecting our machines from Internet issues ("Internet" is part of your product name).

This is really not good enough. We paid for a product that would work to protect us while surfing the Internet, but it is not protecting us. You are hiding behind notions that a fix is in the works. In the interim, we are unprotected, which is precisely what your product is supposed to be protecting us against. All it would take, apparently, is for Kaspersky to confirm compatability with Firefox beta in their release schedule and issue an update to the version numbers in the add-ons that they release. Come on Kaspersky, get with your core business and fix it!

You are mistaken. KIS 2014 doesn't offer protection against ANY vulnerability, whatever the software version. The software update (in your case, Firefox) fixes those vulnerabilities. You MUST upgrade to the latest version (Firefox 26) if you want to be protected.

By the way, KIS 2014 is of course compatible with Firefox 26. Except for the add-ons (as usual). But they are completely useless, so...

You are mistaken. KIS 2014 doesn't offer protection against ANY vulnerability, whatever the software version. The software update (in your case, Firefox) fixes those vulnerabilities. You MUST upgrade to the latest version (Firefox 26) if you want to be protected.

KIS will proactively detect malicious attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in 3rd party programs. You can read about the Zeta shield technology here: http://eugene.kaspersky.com/2013/09/24/kas...nology-feature/

As for Firefox 26, personally I'd rather have the features and improvements in the newest versions than compatible KIs addons, which, as already mentioned, aren't essential to the main protection features.

Edited by 3x0gR13N

In addition to this above post by 3x0gR13N:

KIS will proactively detect malicious attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in 3rd party programs. You can read about the Zeta shield technology here: http://eugene.kaspersky.com/2013/09/24/kas...nology-feature/

As for Firefox 26, personally I'd rather have the features and improvements in the newest versions than compatible KIs addons, which, as already mentioned, aren't essential to the main protection features.

1. Merged.

2. Quote of post from KL Expert:

First of all a customer can ask a browser developers why do they release a new version without any visible changes monthly... E.g. why did Mozilla release 19 versions during 2 years? But, unfortunately there are some more critical bugs than add-ons compatibility in our programs. I guess it'll be more unpleasantly for anyone if his application isn't updated... Or if it takes a lot of CPU resources... Or it crashes because of incorrect MS update released... Anyway add-ons are compatible with the latest versions of IE that is installed on each PC, and a customer can use it while new patch is tested.

Anyway, do you want to get an untested patch for our application? Anti-virus is a complicated application that cooperates with your OS. If some untested functions will work improperly you can loose your OS at all. That is a reason why we take more time to qualitatively test each patch for each product. We'll never release a new patch monthly, as browser developers do, because we care about our customers' OSs and devices.

Thanks a lot for your opinion but just think what do you want more: untested patch and broken OS right now or qualitative and safe patch after a month? I suppose you prefer the second option.

3. Still closed, like all 510 204.08 of our Firefox add-ons incompatible topics.

--------------

Sorry, an error occurred. The board has enabled "Firefox add-ons" flood control. Please try posting non-"Firefox add-ons" content.

i know you are thinking release patch d, with I hope it includes solving this incompatibility issues even to firefox 26.

but I noticed there is an addon (your Anti-Banner) that seems to be always working fine, without any compatibility issues with any firefox version.

why don't you do the same with your other four addons, is it so dificult to make them fully independente of any browser version??

if this would happen, you wouldn't need to worry anymore with this problem and they would only need just to be updated when they need or with kaspersky itself (and not everytime a new browser version is released). atleast this is what i think it would be the most correct thing to do.

thanks for that quote from the Kaspersky Lab expert.

oh to MSuomi and meabe others, please don't misunderstood what I posted, meabe I didn't chose the best title lol

I didn't open this thread to complain about it, because its already like this for 10 or 15 firefox versions ago. I've already "acknowledge the facts..." that "this is not important" or meabe not so easy to do as it seems.

I'm not saying that they should do it fast or not. But I think this would make their work much more easier.

I'm just asking if in future products, is Kaspersky thinking to make this four addons fully independente of any browser version?

and I think I already know the answer to that question :icon20:

anyway I'm using KIS because I think its the best product to protect my PC against threats

the addons themself are less important than the rest of the protection it offers, but it would be great if the addons also worked. Othewise if they are giving this much trouble, why be bothered to do them if they are not independente from the browser?? i think now I made my point.

edit: Merged duplicate topic, and merged two posts, and removed repeated content posts.

Edited by richbuff

First of all a customer can ask a browser developers why do they release a new version without any visible changes monthly... E.g. why did Mozilla release 19 versions during 2 years? But, unfortunately there are some more critical bugs than add-ons compatibility in our programs. I guess it'll be more unpleasantly for anyone if his application isn't updated... Or if it takes a lot of CPU resources... Or it crashes because of incorrect MS update released... Anyway add-ons are compatible with the latest versions of IE that is installed on each PC, and a customer can use it while new patch is tested.

Anyway, do you want to get an untested patch for our application? Anti-virus is a complicated application that cooperates with your OS. If some untested functions will work improperly you can loose your OS at all. That is a reason why we take more time to qualitatively test each patch for each product. We'll never release a new patch monthly, as browser developers do, because we care about our customers' OSs and devices.

Thanks a lot for your opinion but just think what do you want more: untested patch and broken OS right now or qualitative and safe patch after a month? I suppose you prefer the second option.

For the time being, these above, and this below, shall be the last word on this topic. Please see quote from Nikolay Grebennikov, R&D Director at Kaspersky Lab.

Why do problems occur every time I update Firefox? Are your plug-ins just not compatible with the latest version of the browser?

Is it safe to use Firefox? Many add-ons do not work with this browser.

Firefox developers frequently update the browser, and in many cases the APIs are changed. We, as an external modules producer, use these APIs. That said, each new version of the browser requires our add-on codes to be modified, and we have to run our additional thorough checks of reliability, sustainability, and compatibility. That needs time. I would like to point out that other browsers such as Internet Explorer or Chrome are not prone to such problems as their producers devote so much effort to ensure compatibility and provide support to the developers. Meanwhile, we are also working to make sure that our solutions remain compatible with newer versions of Firefox. To answer your question, it is ok to use Firefox, however, we recommend using Google Chrome as its basic configuration is safer.

Much lengthy repeated discussion of this topic can be found here: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0054261977750...&gsc.page=1

Until new, helpful information appears, this shall conclude this topic at this forum for the foreseeable future. Any additional posts/topics that do not contain new, helpful information will be removed.

Discussion of this topic is welcome at the Fan Club forum. Also, Tech Support is available, as needed.

--------------

Sorry, an error occurred. The board has enabled "Firefox add-ons" flood control. Please try posting non-"Firefox add-ons" content.

I have updated to FireFox v 26. The URL Advisor and Virtual Keyboard are of course not working. I have KAV v13.01.4190

How do I update those plugins? Is there even a recent update of these plugins for FF 26? This always happens when I update FF.

I will not update to KAV 2014 yet. So if that's the only way to get these plugins functional, that's not a viable option until this subscription runs out. I like KAV2013 too much to change.

---------------------------------------

Edit: Merged, and Final (for now) Answer posted below:

For the time being, these above, and this below, shall be the last word on this topic. Please see quote from Nikolay Grebennikov, R&D Director at Kaspersky Lab.

Why do problems occur every time I update Firefox? Are your plug-ins just not compatible with the latest version of the browser?

Is it safe to use Firefox? Many add-ons do not work with this browser.

Firefox developers frequently update the browser, and in many cases the APIs are changed. We, as an external modules producer, use these APIs. That said, each new version of the browser requires our add-on codes to be modified, and we have to run our additional thorough checks of reliability, sustainability, and compatibility. That needs time. I would like to point out that other browsers such as Internet Explorer or Chrome are not prone to such problems as their producers devote so much effort to ensure compatibility and provide support to the developers. Meanwhile, we are also working to make sure that our solutions remain compatible with newer versions of Firefox. To answer your question, it is ok to use Firefox, however, we recommend using Google Chrome as its basic configuration is safer.

Much lengthy repeated discussion of this topic can be found here: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0054261977750...&gsc.page=1

Until new, helpful information appears, this shall conclude this topic at this forum for the foreseeable future. Any additional posts/topics that do not contain new, helpful information will be removed.

Discussion of this topic is welcome at the Fan Club forum. Also, Tech Support is available, as needed.

--------------

Edited by richbuff

Firefox asked me to upgrade to the latest version which is 30.0. However, after the upgrade the below add-ons no longer work due to incompatibility issues:

Dangerous Websites Blocker 14.0.0.4929

Kaspersky URL Advisor 14.0.0.4929

Safe Money 14.0.0.4929

Virtual Keyboard 14.0.0.4929

Note: The Anti-Banner 14.0.0.4929 is still compatible.

Is there going to be a patch released to update these add-ons? and when? I don't really want to downgrade the browser back to the prior version.

Thanks! :)

Firefox 30.0 has been out now officially for 24 hours at least and I see no sign of Patch H for KIS 2014 anywhere in any of the forum groups... even for testing?

Has Kaspersky dumped support for Firefox in favour of Google Chrome, if that is the case I'm not impressed at all!!!

Firefox 30.0 has been out now officially for 24 hours at least and I see no sign of Patch H for KIS 2014 anywhere in any of the forum groups... even for testing?

Has Kaspersky dumped support for Firefox in favour of Google Chrome, if that is the case I'm not impressed at all!!!

FWIW: Firefox 30 incorporates no major changes and no new security changes. It appears to be a cosmetic touch-up to Firefox 29 which was a major release.

The press is describing FF30 with such descriptions as:

"In summary, Mozilla's Firefox 30 does not incorporate major changes (especially in the desktop version). The web browser does not incorporate major revamps like its predecessor the Mozilla 29 that came with a new design and the Firefox Sync service among other updates."

"In terms of new features, this is a relatively minor release, especially when compared to the major revamp that came as part of Firefox 29. Mozilla has been mainly focusing on putting the final touches on what it calls “the most carefully designed browser interface on the planet.”

I use Firefox and keep "Auto install new versions" under Options/Advanced unchecked.

Edited by HOK

FWIW: Firefox 30 incorporates no major changes and no new security changes. It appears to be a cosmetic touch-up to Firefox 29 which was a major release.

I rolled back to FF 29.0.1 No other option at the moment I'm afraid.

All OK to upgrade FF to the new version 30 ?

edit: fixed typo, and merged.

Edited by richbuff

Any news when Kaspersky will fix the addons for Firefox v30.0? Getting a little tired of Firefox keep breaking them.

//Edit: Merged. Yes, there is news. Next autopatch for KIS/KAV 2014 will fix this. Patch is eagerly anticipated in a few weeks or so, more or less, when it is ready.

Edited by richbuff

Same with me. I updated FF to v.30.0 yesterday and 'Safe Money' is incompatible according to FF. Tested it yesterday with my bank acount and S.M was dead.

FF also stated the virtual keyboard was incompatible, but that still works.