Tobgreywolf

Patch C problems with PWM and possible Workarounds

Since the previous thread was closed by bckasman, I'm starting this one for people to share possible workarounds until we have a fix. Sticky Password is made by the same company that created PWM for Kaspersky and some folks have had some luck importing there PW database using this program. I'm going to try it mysellf shortly and will report back any progress.

Update: Well it imports fine but the problem is still there, which means this isn't an easy fix because it's in the 3rd party program. It either has to be fixed by them or Kaspersky has to tear it all apart and find out what's wrong.

Not an excuse but a reasonable reason for the length of time it's taking.

Thank you for sharing Tobgreywolf. I suspected that there was possibly more to the fix than just a few "point and clicks".

So the 29th has come and gone. Any news on a new date? I REALLY need to get into my PWM database. I'm having to use Gmail instead of my Email client and that's just one example.

Update: Well it imports fine

I tried importing, and when it didn't work, I fired off a support request to Lamantine.

They replied that Sticky Password can't import the database from PURE 3.0, because Kaspersky changed the encryption algorithm.

I had tried everything, even tried to remove the master password, but PURE 3.0 PWM won't allow it.

BTW, Sticky Password's latest version still has an export option for its own database. It was Kaspersky that removed the export option

from its own implementation of the Sticky Password API.

Another 2c worth! :laugh3:

I tried importing, and when it didn't work, I fired off a support request to Lamantine.

They replied that Sticky Password can't import the database from PURE 3.0, because Kaspersky changed the encryption algorithm.

I had tried everything, even tried to remove the master password, but PURE 3.0 PWM won't allow it.

BTW, Sticky Password's latest version still has an export option for its own database. It was Kaspersky that removed the export option

from its own implementation of the Sticky Password API.

Another 2c worth! :laugh3:

Figures. I was able to import everything , including the issues, lol. Still couldn't see anything other than stars and the expatriation problem was still there. Either way I'm done. Once my license expires I'll switch to another product. This is just ridiculous. I'd be much more forgiving if they'd just keep us informed but at this rate it's safest to assume they really don't care how much trouble this causes their customers.

Figures. I was able to import everything , including the issues, lol. Still couldn't see anything other than stars and the expatriation problem was still there. Either way I'm done. Once my license expires I'll switch to another product. This is just ridiculous. I'd be much more forgiving if they'd just keep us informed but at this rate it's safest to assume they really don't care how much trouble this causes their customers.

Absolutely right. Problem is I still have 500+ days on my licenses with Kaspersky. This has gone beyond opportunity costs and is now fully a problem with actual damages. This disregard of theirs toward people like me, who have been faithful clients of theirs FOR YEARS is crass, exploitative, and just really bad business.

Dear Kaspersky,

I use Windows 8.1 pro and kaspersky pure with C patch in it, the problem occurs I want to see the old password previously stored and when I click on the eye icon (show password) but that appears just stars, not the actual password.

Thanks for the response.

post-408564-1383254884_thumb.jpg

One post removed, this thread is not about linuxbased rescue disk, what you (the poster with the removed post) going to do with regards to moving to other vendors or ranting in general.

Stay on topic please and the topic is: Patch C problems with PWM and possible Workarounds.

I'm reading this, but am a bit lost. Would Update C or D have to do with the fact that KPM is incompatible with Firefox 25? I don't think I have update C (actually, I have no clue how to figure that out either), regardless, they don't like each other. The key symbol (KPM) in the upper right of my screen (Win7) indicates its not installed. However if I go through the steps to install KPM, I get a balloon in the system tray saying it is installed. Rather confusing and extremely contraditory.

Will Update D (again or C) fix this mess?

Oh, and I have Kaspersky Pure 3.0

Thanks.

Edited by Hondoman

Dear Kaspersky,

I use Windows 8.1 pro and kaspersky pure with C patch in it, the problem occurs I want to see the old password previously stored and when I click on the eye icon (show password) but that appears just stars, not the actual password.

Thanks for the response.

Hi

Have found a workaround which worked for me, perhaps it would for you, I downloaded a different password manager last pass which is free to use, then i signed in on the kaspersky one.

on all my web site log ins i told the kaspersky to open and the other one lastpass saved it, it did work for most of the sites apart from a few about 4 for me.

with the lass pass you have the option to export, but the most important thing was that i can now view all the passwords.

it may be a long way around but it worked for me it may also for other users.

regards

Tony

I'm reading this, but am a bit lost. Would Update C or D have to do with the fact that KPM is incompatible with Firefox 25? I don't think I have update C (actually, I have no clue how to figure that out either), regardless, they don't like each other. The key symbol (KPM) in the upper right of my screen (Win7) indicates its not installed. However if I go through the steps to install KPM, I get a balloon in the system tray saying it is installed. Rather confusing and extremely contraditory.

Will Update D (again or C) fix this mess?

Welcome,

you can open PURE main window and click on "Support". There you should see the version number and the last installed patch.

With patch C installed password manager should be compatible with Firefox 25. Please check in Firefox that the add-on is installed and enabled. It should have the version 7.0.3.6.

Welcome,

you can open PURE main window and click on "Support". There you should see the version number and the last installed patch.

With patch C installed password manager should be compatible with Firefox 25. Please check in Firefox that the add-on is installed and enabled. It should have the version 7.0.3.6.

Hi Jan,

thanks for responding and the advice. I have program version 9.1.0.124 ( b ). I looked at my Firefox add-ons and it shows Program Manager Autofill Engine 4.1.0.164. It shows the last update was on 08.10.13. I ran the update on Kaspersky tonight, but it changed nothing.

What are your suggestions?

Edited by Hondoman

You have a quite old version of PURE, which is not supported anymore.

The current version is 13.0.2.558 and can be downloaded from here: http://www.kaspersky.com/de/pure-download (according to your profile you are from Germany so I am linking the German download page)

With a valid license you can upgrade to the current version. But I am not sure what the best method is to keep your passwords. I did not try whether they are carried over if you simply install it "on top" of the old version.

As you might have read here already there are some issues with password manager at the moment. You could wait until patch D for PURE 3.0 has been released (probably next week).

You have a quite old version of PURE, which is not supported anymore.

The current version is 13.0.2.558 and can be downloaded from here: http://www.kaspersky.com/de/pure-download (according to your profile you are from Germany so I am linking the German download page)

With a valid license you can upgrade to the current version. But I am not sure what the best method is to keep your passwords. I did not try whether they are carried over if you simply install it "on top" of the old version.

As you might have read here already there are some issues with password manager at the moment. You could wait until patch D for PURE 3.0 has been released (probably next week).

Thanks Jan! I was not aware that I needed to update the entire programme. I thought was was automatically done by Kaspersky. My guilt. Thanks for the link. While it was not a smooth matter, it did finally work (after five restarts and failure messages!). Sadly, the Password Manager does not work correctly. It opens the Internet site, but nothing more. I will suppose I need to wait for the D patch to arrive. Thanks again for the assistance. I am quite happy to have the new updated Kaspersky.

~ All the best, Hondo

The patch D is on public servers for small % of our customers.

sorry but i don't understand , are you mean that patch D is available for some countries and the others are not ?

can i download it if i run kaspersky update now ?

sorry but i don't understand , are you mean that patch D is available for some countries and the others are not ?

can i download it if i run kaspersky update now ?

Patch D is on regular public update servers. As usual, the release of the patch is gradual over a few days. Some users have received the patch in the past 20 hours.

Some more users will receive the patch in the next 24 hours.

All of the users will receive the patch in the next few days.

Do the regular, normal automatic updates, reboot the PC once per day, then in a few days or less, you will see the patch D in the Support link, near the bottom of the main PURE window.

Dears,

Our patches are delivering to customers not at the same moment but during some period. Distribution started yesterday and it will be finished by November 14. Each user will receive the patch automatically with a regular databases updates.

Patch D is on regular public update servers. As usual, the release of the patch is gradual over a few days. Some users have received the patch in the past 20 hours.

Some more users will receive the patch in the next 24 hours.

All of the users will receive the patch in the next few days.

Do the regular, normal automatic updates, reboot the PC once per day, then in a few days or less, you will see the patch D in the Support link, near the bottom of the main PURE window.

thank you richbuff

Windows 8.1 users, integrated installers that will allow installation of PURE 3.0 on 8.1 should start appearing next week.

As for the partial rollout of autopatches, this is to blunt the impact if a showstopper problem is found, and also avoid overloading the update servers. Full release of Patch D via regular updates is tomorrow, the 14th.

Edited by richbuff
Subsequent clutter posts removed, and Closed, to stop flood burying the important post.