Fotojock

Pure 3 License Duration Incorrect

I've purchased two "Pure 3" 3-user, one-year licenses for each of the last two years for six computers. I purchased another 3-user, 1-year CD on 8 Aug 13. Yesterday (19 Oct 13) one computer said "Pure license expires in 1 day," so I tore open the CD case and entered the new license key (first use of this CD). Today I looked at the Pure screen, and it says "License Remaining: 292 days." Incredible! It should say 365 days (new license + 1 day left on old license). I checked the purchase date (8 Aug 13) and found it to be 73 days before installation, and adding this 73 to the 292, we get 365. Surely this cannot be a COINCIDENCE!

So is Kaspersky saying that my license began ON THE DAY I PURCHASED THE CD? How would Kaspersky even have KNOWN that date since I purchased the CD from Amazon? What's going on? It's 32 years since the PC era began ... shouldn't things by now be simpler, more accurate, and more honest? How do I get my 73 days back (and that's also for the NEXT TWO computers I install this key into)?

This computer is a fully current WinXP, and my Pure version is also current (13.02.558C).

Welcome. Quote: "How would Kaspersky even have Known that date since I purchased the CD from Amazon?" Kaspersky does not know that date. They have no way of knowing the date that you purchased a boxed CD from Amazon. Therefore, it must be a coincidence.

Your best bet is to first check system date/time is correct on all of your PCs, then contact Amazon. You can also contact Kaspersky Tech Support, too. Last I heard, if the product was purchased from Amazon marketplace, which is an unofficial source, Kaspersky does not support issues with activation discrepancies; but there is a possibility that my information is not currently correct.

Best bet is to purchase only from fully, solid authorized source.

-------------

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAnGe40-o9Q

Welcome. Quote: "How would Kaspersky even have Known that date since I purchased the CD from Amazon?" Kaspersky does not know that date. They have no way of knowing the date that you purchased a boxed CD from Amazon. Therefore, it must be a coincidence.

Perhaps not entirely a coincidence.

If this copy of Pure 3 happened to be a dodgy one, then might it be possible that someone else bought another dodgy copy, with the same activation code, at about the same time, and activated it immediately? That could explain it.

Oh, I guess you purchased a license from any "grey seller" who just use Amazon like a market. You should contact him directly to solve the issue.

Thanks for your help, Folks! I hadn't even thought that the SELLER could be at fault (I always check the Amazon ratings before any purchase ... EXCEPT this time! If I had I'd have noticed the 41% POSITIVE rating and avoided him like the plague). I think the lowball price ($22.50 for a NEW Kaspersky PURE 3, 3-user, 1-year CD) and the Amazon Prime Free 2-day shipping must have overwhelmed me and I jumped on it. So here's the email I just sent to Amazon:

"The NEW Kaspersky license I ordered was activated on the day I purchased it even though I installed it 73 days later. Thus I LOST 73 days of my 1-yr license. This seller (MagiCTRL) is obviously fraudulent ... 26 of 100 total customers had similar or worse problems with Kaspersky licenses purchased from him. Another customer had exactly the problem I had and guessed that the seller "tested" the license key on the date of sale to insure it was "legal" ... I also believe that is what happened to me.

It's my fault that I didn't check the rating on this seller at purchase time (rare for me), so I'll eat the $4.50 I've lost in license time. I just want to make sure Amazon is aware of this seller's activities. Since the seller seems to have nothing on Amazon at the moment, it could be that Amazon has already taken action against him. If so, good for you! If not, go get him!

Thanks!"

Thanks again, Folks! And don't make MY mistake ... ALWAYS check those seller ratings!

PS...I tried to attach a PDF file here, but it seems I'm "not permitted to upload this type of file" ... don't know why.

"ALWAYS check those seller ratings!"......or purchase directly from Amazon and leave the marketplace area alone! :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.