basl

How can I install Kaspersky Pure 3 on Windows 8.1?

Hi everyone,

As the title states, how can I install Kaspersky Pure 3 on Windows 8.1?

I have a clean install of Windows 8.1 RTM.

As mentioned in the release notes of patch C, Windows 8.1 is now supported.

The problem is, the installer hasn't been update on the website. (http://www.kaspersky.com/pure-latest-versions)

There is no way to install it, not even in compatibility mode.

The installer itself says it has failed.

What is the ETA for the new installer? (I hope Kaspersky staff is checking the forums)

Thx!

//edit: Add quote:

Welcome. Looks like latest patch D is integrated with latest installer located here: http://www.kaspersky.com/pure-latest-versions
Edited by richbuff

Hi everyone,

As the title states, how can I install Kaspersky Pure 3 on Windows 8.1?

I have a clean install of Windows 8.1 RTM.

As mentioned in the release notes of patch C, Windows 8.1 is now supported.

The problem is, the installer hasn't been update on the website. (http://www.kaspersky.com/pure-latest-versions)

There is no way to install it, not even in compatibility mode.

The installer itself says it has failed.

What is the ETA for the new installer? (I hope Kaspersky staff is checking the forums)

Thx!

Today I have upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 (official release). However, Kaspersky Pure didn't work anymore. Upgrade from Pure 2 to Pure 3 didn't work as well. This is sh.t.

Kaspersky should have made progress in this and not lean back!

Welcome. Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=276165

1. PURE 3.0 is the starting point.

2. Update PURE 3.0 databases, reboot. This yields PURE 3.0 Patch C.

3. Upgrade to Windows 8.1 on top of PURE 3.0 C

Installer that has patch C integrated shall be forthcoming, sometime in the future.

I had to uninstall Pure 3.0 to get Windows 8.1 update working. Now, I cannot install Pure 3.0 as windows 8.1 says it isn't compatible. I now longer have Kaspersky installed -- what can be done?

Welcome. Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=276165

1. PURE 3.0 is the starting point.

2. Update PURE 3.0 databases, reboot. This yields PURE 3.0 Patch C.

3. Upgrade to Windows 8.1 on top of PURE 3.0 C

Installer that has patch C integrated shall be forthcoming, sometime in the future.

Yeah, I figured that much.

But as I stated before this is not a Windows 8 install with an upgrade to 8.1 but a clean Windows 8.1 install (RTM).

Which is claimed to be supported.

This is MAJOR problem for many people. If I am going to install Windows 8.1, you suggest that I install Windows 8 before and than do a upgrade... That is just absurt.

The C patch is just released very late(on the day of the Windows 8.1 release to the public). There should be a patched version of the installer out allready.

Let's just hope this is a priority on their list.

I'd like a more informative response than "sometime in the future". This is my first Kaspersky product and my first foray into paid security suites and so far my experience with Pure 3.0 and Windows 8.1 has been nonexistent.

I'd like a more informative response than "sometime in the future". This is my first Kaspersky product and my first foray into paid security suites and so far my experience with Pure 3.0 and Windows 8.1 has been nonexistent.

I agree. I had to uninstall Pure 3 and I now have a pc with a Pure 3 subscription and no internet protection

Like many Kaspersky Pure 3.0 users on Windows 8 machines, I upgraded from Windows 8 to the official Release to Market

version of Windows 8.1. In order to complete the Windows installation, I had to refresh my Windows 8 before I could install

Windows 8.1 RTM. After doing so, Windows installed flawlessly.

The next step then is to reload any applications which Windows needed to remove as part of the refresh. Kaspersky Pure was

one of those applications. Please note that I had kept Pure 3.0 properly updated when it was running under Windows 8.

Under Windows 8.1, I attempted to re-install from a Kaspersky-provided backup CD (which needless to say, doesn't include

any patches or updates.) I attempted to install it in Compatibility Mode for both Window 8 and Windows 7 with no luck.

When that operation failed, I removed what fragments of the software remained. Next, I came to the Kaspersky site and

downloaded the online version -- thinking that: 1) the downloadable version would be up-to-date with the latest Windows version

and any incompatibility would be resolved. 2) I also searched any other patches or .bat files which might update the

software package pre-installation to provide compatibility. All I find are instructions to apply a patch after I install the application.

The instruction that starting with installing Pure and then updating simply will not work as one cannot install Pure in the first place.

"Patch C" it appears, can only be installed AFTER one has successfully installed Pure. And Pure -- in versions provided online --

will not install as it has not been updated to be compatible. You cannot update what you cannot install.

The solution to the problem to this consumer (who paid for the software in question) is simple: Kaspersky needs to provide a build of the application

which includes the patch and creates compatibility with Windows 8.1 RTM. That is now the official release of Windows and Kaspersky needs to support it.

So please, update the underlying code to include the modifications made by the patch to the base software and release a new build which IS COMPATIBLE

with Windows 8.1 RTM so that users like me can install the software we paid for and now cannot use.

Thank you.

Like many Kaspersky Pure 3.0 users on Windows 8 machines, I upgraded from Windows 8 to the official Release to Market

version of Windows 8.1. In order to complete the Windows installation, I had to refresh my Windows 8 before I could install

Windows 8.1 RTM. After doing so, Windows installed flawlessly.

The next step then is to reload any applications which Windows needed to remove as part of the refresh. Kaspersky Pure was

one of those applications. Please note that I had kept Pure 3.0 properly updated when it was running under Windows 8.

Under Windows 8.1, I attempted to re-install from a Kaspersky-provided backup CD (which needless to say, doesn't include

any patches or updates.) I attempted to install it in Compatibility Mode for both Window 8 and Windows 7 with no luck.

When that operation failed, I removed what fragments of the software remained. Next, I came to the Kaspersky site and

downloaded the online version -- thinking that: 1) the downloadable version would be up-to-date with the latest Windows version

and any incompatibility would be resolved. 2) I also searched any other patches or .bat files which might update the

software package pre-installation to provide compatibility. All I find are instructions to apply a patch after I install the application.

The instruction that starting with installing Pure and then updating simply will not work as one cannot install Pure in the first place.

"Patch C" it appears, can only be installed AFTER one has successfully installed Pure. And Pure -- in versions provided online --

will not install as it has not been updated to be compatible. You cannot update what you cannot install.

The solution to the problem to this consumer (who paid for the software in question) is simple: Kaspersky needs to provide a build of the application

which includes the patch and creates compatibility with Windows 8.1 RTM. That is now the official release of Windows and Kaspersky needs to support it.

So please, update the underlying code to include the modifications made by the patch to the base software and release a new build which IS COMPATIBLE

with Windows 8.1 RTM so that users like me can install the software we paid for and now cannot use.

Thank you.

The 16th/17th would have been a great day to release the 8.1 compatible installer, considering Microsoft didn't surprise us all with 8.1 and the release date has been known for a while. Probably would have been a good idea to beta test an installer during the preview of 8.1.

Like many other people I updated my Pure on the 18th, restarted my computer, then updated to 8.1. According to the upgrade instructions in the Patch C topic this should have worked but it didnt. Now I am stuck without the protection I pay for because of faulty instructions, an ineffective patch, and/or Kaspersky not providing a working download link for Pure on 8.1. Will I get some sort of refund, will my protection be prolonged for the time it takes from the 18th until such a time as Kaspersky allows me to use the protection I pay for. This is ridiculous

Yeah, I figured that much.

But as I stated before this is not a Windows 8 install with an upgrade to 8.1 but a clean Windows 8.1 install (RTM).

Which is claimed to be supported.

This is MAJOR problem for many people. If I am going to install Windows 8.1, you suggest that I install Windows 8 before and than do a upgrade... That is just absurt.

The C patch is just released very late(on the day of the Windows 8.1 release to the public). There should be a patched version of the installer out allready.

Let's just hope this is a priority on their list.

I am in the same boat. I have installed Windows 8.1 through DVD install, not through an update of Windows 8.

We cannot even install Pure at all. Is this likely to be amended any time soon? My paid subscription is going to lapse next month and I'd like to continue using Kaspersky, but not if I cannot be assured that the protection I paid for will be provided.

I am seriously considering moving to using Bitdefender which is Windows 8.1 ready.

Edited by pdarz

Note to the newbies: As the friendly url denotes, "FORUM.Kaspersky.com", keyword "Forum". This means the replies of help you are getting are from non-paid fellow users with knowledge of Kaspersky products. Please be polite as that will work in your favor. For the record, I have used Kaspersky since 2006 and have had only two functional issues with it and it kept my original XP image safe the whole time. :bravo:

Note to the newbies: As the friendly url denotes, "FORUM.Kaspersky.com", keyword "Forum". This means the replies of help you are getting are from non-paid fellow users with knowledge of Kaspersky products. Please be polite as that will work in your favor. For the record, I have used Kaspersky since 2006 and have had only two functional issues with it and it kept my original XP image safe the whole time. :bravo:

I'm sure that so-called "newbies" like me also appreciate your "friendly" advice. But if the keyword is "forum,"

as you suggest, then it means an opportunity for everyone freely express his or her thoughts and concerns.

So far I haven't read any irate or rude comments, just messages posted by very frustrated people looking for

straight answers. Such that suggesting something will be happening in the "first decade of December" might be

hilarious to some but it's not so funny to those seeking an answer or solution to their problem. So let me thank you

ever so politely for your comment. Those of us who have moved on from 2000 and are making the leap into 2014

with Windows 8.1 appreciate your commitment and dedication to the anachronistic Windows XP. We're hoping that

employees of Kaspersky are monitoring all areas of the forum and that they will understand our concerns and hope

that solutions will be provided expeditiously.

I have upgraded to Windows 8.1 without the patch being installed via update for Pure 3.0. The security software is now ineffective and is incompatible with Win 8.1. I have tried to uninstall Pure 3.0 in order to install the trial copy of IS 2014 (which I am told is compatible with Win 8.1 - until an updated installer is provided from Kaspersky and I can reinstall Pure 3.0) - Pure 3.0 won't uninstall and I get Windows error message that aborts the uninstall process so I can't install the trial copy of IS 2014. The net result is now I have no security software running on my PC. Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

To those interested, I submitted a report with tech support to verify the info that the patch would be out in December and to see how this lapse in paid coverage would be rectified. Here is the response:"

~Sniped~

No word on any type of refund or subscription extension...

Edited by Don Pelotas
Sniped qouted mail from support, it's not allowed unless specifically allowed by the one sending it

For all affected customers, we apologize, and suggest installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 as a trial. The English language PURE 3.0, Windows 8.1 compatible version should be available before the trial runs out.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/10619

That's Kaspersky's advice? Use the one month trial and the product we've already paid for "should" be working by the time the it's over? I've been using their products for awhile now but this is unacceptable. We all seemed to know when Windows 8.1 was coming out, what was the holdup on Kaspersky's end? Do I get 1/12 off the money I paid for the year since the product they are providing isn't working?

For all affected customers, we apologize, and suggest installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 as a trial. The English language PURE 3.0, Windows 8.1 compatible version should be available before the trial runs out.

Thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated.

You couldn't make this **** up.

We spend months waiting for a Pure 3 patch to work on Firefox and just after it arrives the whole thing is incompatible on a fresh install of 8.1. It really makes you wonder if Kaspersky allows their employees a little too much Smirnoff.

So is this absolute? Is there no way at all to get Pure 3 on to a fresh 8.1 without having to wait until the end of December?

You couldn't make this **** up.

We spend months waiting for a Pure 3 patch to work on Firefox and just after it arrives the whole thing is incompatible on a fresh install of 8.1. It really makes you wonder if Kaspersky allows their employees a little too much Smirnoff.

So is this absolute? Is there no way at all to get Pure 3 on to a fresh 8.1 without having to wait until the end of December?

The middle of November.

I'm sure that so-called "newbies" like me also appreciate your "friendly" advice. But if the keyword is "forum,"

as you suggest, then it means an opportunity for everyone freely express his or her thoughts and concerns.

So far I haven't read any irate or rude comments, just messages posted by very frustrated people looking for

straight answers. Such that suggesting something will be happening in the "first decade of December" might be

hilarious to some but it's not so funny to those seeking an answer or solution to their problem. So let me thank you

ever so politely for your comment. Those of us who have moved on from 2000 and are making the leap into 2014

with Windows 8.1 appreciate your commitment and dedication to the anachronistic Windows XP. We're hoping that

employees of Kaspersky are monitoring all areas of the forum and that they will understand our concerns and hope

that solutions will be provided expeditiously.

As a 'newbie' to this forum but not to the general concept, I would like to stress that I have used Kaspersky products for about seven years and, other than an issue with Windows 8 and IS 2012 (that was resolved, quickly) and of course now this Win 8.1 incompatibility issue have had a problem free relationship with the products so I can't really complain. However, I do believe that Kaspersky are not doing their reputation much good by allowing these 'lapses' - people will simply go elsewhere.

Thanks for the response. I will try the Kaspersky trial and hope the update will be released soon.

As far as I am concerned, my question is answered and this topic can be closed.

As a plumber I find the Kaspersky tactics kind of funny. If I were to follow their logic in getting another product to tide us over until they get their act together would be like me telling a customer

"Sorry I do not know what I am doing but you can just go next door and use your neighbors bathroom until I do".

I would like to point out that I would never find that acceptable from my employees.

edit: 6 font = off.

Edited by richbuff