bcolflesh@gmail.com

Windows 8.1 & Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows

I've bounced the verbage of the post off our legal department. They read it the same way we do. They admit, it could be taken either way, but that in the context and with the date for the release of Windows 8.1 being listed wrong, our interpretation would hold up in court.

Regardless, this is not the first time Kaspersky has FAILED to provide timely updates to their Enterprise users. Yet, they have provided a working product to their consumer customers.

I'll go back to original question I posted that is still being ignored.... WHAT IS KASPERSKY GOING TO DO FOR US IN THE MEAN TIME? We can't run with no A/V on our 8.1 computers. We can't legally use the "Free" A/V products. And, we shouldn't be forced to PAY for another product that will work in the short term.

I've asked this twice now.... Will Kaspersky show enough concern for the protection of their enterprise clients as to provide TEMPORARY licenses for KIS 2014 to use in the gap until you get KES updated?

What are the license rights for Windows Defender? I know Security Essentials was limited to 10 machines, but that wasn't built into the OS.

Would be better than nothing...

I've bounced the verbage of the post off our legal department. They read it the same way we do. They admit, it could be taken either way, but that in the context and with the date for the release of Windows 8.1 being listed wrong, our interpretation would hold up in court.

Regardless, this is not the first time Kaspersky has FAILED to provide timely updates to their Enterprise users. Yet, they have provided a working product to their consumer customers.

I'll go back to original question I posted that is still being ignored.... WHAT IS KASPERSKY GOING TO DO FOR US IN THE MEAN TIME? We can't run with no A/V on our 8.1 computers. We can't legally use the "Free" A/V products. And, we shouldn't be forced to PAY for another product that will work in the short term.

I've asked this twice now.... Will Kaspersky show enough concern for the protection of their enterprise clients as to provide TEMPORARY licenses for KIS 2014 to use in the gap until you get KES updated?

Hello,

On behave of Kaspersky I apologize for any confusion that the article may have caused. It was never Kaspersky's intention to mislead anyone regarding support of Windows 8.1. Please contact the America's Business Product Technical Support at 1-866-323-4801 or via live chat ( http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/corporate...ICID=INT2261683 ) and ask the support representative to put you in touch with the America's support Manager. He will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding this matter and assist you with your request.

.... Will Kaspersky show enough concern for the protection of their enterprise clients as to provide TEMPORARY licenses for KIS 2014 to use in the gap until you get KES updated?

Bad idea... if you install the home version (KIS) you cant manage it from ksc... so, when update to win 8.1 support is ready you must uninstall all manually.

The best way is wait 2 months for 8.1 support.

the question is: Why you want migrate now to 8.1?

Sorry but this is the business forum. Unless you are running a very small company with no IT (in such case, using a personal antivirus client is enough), you won't upgrade to 8.1 right now.

You can easily install KIS 2014 for 30 days to close this gap . ;)

Bad idea... if you install the home version (KIS) you cant manage it from ksc... so, when update to win 8.1 support is ready you must uninstall all manually.

The best way is wait 2 months for 8.1 support.

the question is: Why you want migrate now to 8.1?

As I've said, it's less than a dozen computers, and we know we would have to manually go to each one to manage them. But, at least they would be protected. And, considering they are on the same floor of the same building, it wouldn't take very long.

As for WHY we migrated to 8.1 now, as I have said:

1) we have software needed for our business that had issues running on Windows 8 that was Resolved with 8.1. And, as I said, the previously mentioned KB Article SAID they would have windows 8.1 version of KES ready to download on the 18th, the day AFTER the Windows 8.1 release.

2) We are having to buy new computers that are going to be coming pre-loaded with Windows 8.1

We are a small shop. Less than 100 computers on 3 floors of one building. We have 2 IT support guys. Between the 2 of us, we can physically touch every PC to manually install/re-install a standalone AV in one business day. So, for us KIS 2014 would be a GOOD IDEA... better than having to run naked or pay for something else.

As I've said, it's less than a dozen computers, and we know we would have to manually go to each one to manage them. But, at least they would be protected. And, considering they are on the same floor of the same building, it wouldn't take very long.

As for WHY we migrated to 8.1 now, as I have said:

1) we have software needed for our business that had issues running on Windows 8 that was Resolved with 8.1. And, as I said, the previously mentioned KB Article SAID they would have windows 8.1 version of KES ready to download on the 18th, the day AFTER the Windows 8.1 release.

2) We are having to buy new computers that are going to be coming pre-loaded with Windows 8.1

We are a small shop. Less than 100 computers on 3 floors of one building. We have 2 IT support guys. Between the 2 of us, we can physically touch every PC to manually install/re-install a standalone AV in one business day. So, for us KIS 2014 would be a GOOD IDEA... better than having to run naked or pay for something else.

Don't know what to tell ya Robby. I never read the original message to mean that they would be supporting the tool pretty much on day one, I'd have been shocked if they had...or anyone had for that matter that was an enterprise product. My recommendation would be to run with Defender for the short term, and then when Kaspersky has something in a couple of months you install that. Other thought would be, roll the 8.1 clients back to windows 7 (assuming your software supports that) and run with something that everthing supports. It'd be quicker than waiting for Kaspersky to have the 8.1 product ready.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.