bcolflesh@gmail.com

Windows 8.1 & Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows

I can't believe that Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 is compatible with Windows 8.1 and Enterprise edition is not!!

@Igor Akhmentov looks like team that develop home product have access to 8.1 earlier that business product devs ;)

There is no word that I can describe how disappointed I am!

Edited by itgregory

I can't believe that Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 is compatible with Windows 8.1 and Enterprise edition is not!!

@Igor Akhmentov looks like team that develop home product have access to 8.1 earlier that business product devs wink.gif

There is no word that I can describe how disappointed I am!

Hello!

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

However, we have moved the Windows 8.1 support implementation from Q2 2014 to December 2013.

Please refer to the knowledgebase article: http://support.kaspersky.com/10002

Thank you!

Unfortunately, even December is UNACCEPTABLE to some of us KES users in the enterprise.

We have bought several (nearly a dozen) computers over the course of the last year that came preloaded with Windows 8. We've got production software that has had compatibility problems with windows 8 that was resolved with updating them to 8.1.

We took the leap to update them to 8.1 last week because this KB Article http://support.kaspersky.com/10586 ORIGINALLY said that the version of KES10 that was compatible with Windows 8.1 would be released on Friday, October 18th. This article has since been changed, but I have a print out of it to prove it.

Now, we have nearly a dozen computers, in production, with NO AV installed.

We can't legally install any of the "Free" products as they are only for individuals.

Letting them run for 2 months (+/-) with no AV is NOT an option.

This means we have to PAY for a stand alone product to protect them all because you didn't keep the promise of having support available on 10/18/2013 as originally stated in the KB article I linked to.

Does Kaspersky care enough about their users to provide us with enough "Temporary" licenses for Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 to provide us with protection to make up for the gap left by your failure to provide a prompt update?

Looks like Symantec will support it next month, though they have had some pretty bad bugs in the past with some of the 12.1 releases

Looks like Symantec will support it next month, though they have had some pretty bad bugs in the past with some of the 12.1 releases

I've got the Beta of it, its fairly stable, and so far I have not had to update my old SEPM server to the latest release to get it connected. That said, I'd really rather not have to keep running Symantec, but I've got a small set of test 8.1 clients, and a large group of server 2012 Datacenter that I have to support with something.

Hello.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

However, we have moved the Windows 8.1 support implementation from Q2 2014 to December 2013.

Please refer to the knowledgebase article: http://support.kaspersky.com/10002

Thank you!

It was SUPPOSED to be released October 18th (See the KB Article I linked to in my post).

What are we supposed to do? Run with NO PROTECTION until then? Spend MORE MONEY to pay for a stand alone AV solution that will work to take the place of the Enterprise protection we have ALREADY PAID FOR that doesn't work because of incompetence on Kaspersky's part?

It was SUPPOSED to be released October 18th (See the KB Article I linked to in my post).

What are we supposed to do? Run with NO PROTECTION until then? Spend MORE MONEY to pay for a stand alone AV solution that will work to take the place of the Enterprise protection we have ALREADY PAID FOR that doesn't work because of incompetence on Kaspersky's part?

Hello!

According to my information, Kaspersky Lab has never made official statements about supporting Windows 8.1 from 18th of October, which is the Windows 8.1 release date.

Could you please attach a screenshot of this article with this statement?

However, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying are best to implement Windows 8.1 support as soon as possible. Windows 8.1 support will be implemented in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 MR1, planned for release in December 2013.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Hello!

According to my information, Kaspersky Lab has never made official statements about supporting Windows 8.1 from 18th of October, which is the Windows 8.1 release date.

Could you please attach a screenshot of this article with this statement?

However, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying are best to implement Windows 8.1 support as soon as possible. Windows 8.1 support will be implemented in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 MR1, planned for release in December 2013.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Your site does not let me upload PDF files. I've uploaded it to my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43420364/KasperskyKB.pdf

The PDF is a print out of the page I linked to before as it was last Friday morning. (KB Article 10586)

It was originally posted on October 16th, and plainly states that you currently do not support Windows 8.1, but the version for Windows 8.1 would be available for download starting October 18th.

This page has since been changed.

Your site does not let me upload PDF files. I've uploaded it to my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43420364/KasperskyKB.pdf

The PDF is a print out of the page I linked to before as it was last Friday morning. (KB Article 10586)

It was originally posted on October 16th, and plainly states that you currently do not support Windows 8.1, but the version for Windows 8.1 would be available for download starting October 18th.

Unfortunately, you read it wrong. The PDF you linked to does not say the Kaspersky update will be available on that date, it says Windows 8.1 will be available for download then.

Thank you for the doc provided.

The article in that versions stated, that Windows 8.1 will be available for download starting on 18 October. It also stated that Windows 8.1 is not supported at the moment and support will be implemented in one of the upcoming version.

Now we can officially state that this one of the upcoming versions will be MR1 release planned for december.

Thank you for the doc provided.

The article in that versions stated, that Windows 8.1 will be available for download starting on 18 October. It also stated that Windows 8.1 is not supported at the moment and support will be implemented in one of the upcoming version.

Now we can officially state that this one of the upcoming versions will be MR1 release planned for december.

Why would it say Windows 8.1 would be released for download on the 18th when it was released on the 17th? In fact, the official launch date for Windows 8.1 has been October 17th for months. (http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/17/technology/enterprise/windows-8-1/ )

So, knowing that Windows 8.1 would be available for download on October 17th, your article reads that the Windows 8.1 version (of Kaspersky) would be available for download on the 18th.

Someone on your end screwed up.

They either didn't have their facts right on the Windows 8.1 launch date, or on the launch date of your Windows 8.1 version.

I'm trying to find the thread here from a few months ago when the Windows 8.1 BEta came out. One of your reps posted here that you didn't have the network driver info needed, but would have KES 10 updated within a few DAYS of the official launch of windows 8.1. Unfortunately, your search does not let me search for an exact phrase. Searching for "Windows 8.1" (in quotes) returns all posts with just Windows. Give me time, I'll find it.

Yea, that pretty much reiterates what the current KB article says (8.1 is available the 18th, not Kaspersky): http://support.kaspersky.com/10002

You can see here: post-420198-1382711885_thumb.png

Read the article in the PDF I linked to.

It says in the first sentence:

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security currently does not support Microsoft Windows 8.1."

The next line says"

"The new Windows version 8.1 will be available for download (upgrade" starting October 18, 2013"

I've shown this article to about a half dozen people in our office, including the lead editors of our newsletters. They all agree that, considering that Windows 8.1 was available for download on the 17th (not the 18th), this article is stating that the Windows 8.1 version of Kaspersky will be available on the 18th of October.

This version of the article was posted on the 16th, hence the warning that people will have to remove KES 10 before updating to Windows 8.1.

Edited by Robby R

Read the article in the PDF I linked to.

It says in the first sentence:

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security currently does not support Microsoft Windows 8.1."

The next line says"

"The new Windows version 8.1 will be available for download (upgrade" starting October 18, 2013"

I've shown this article to about a half dozen people in our office, including the lead editors of our newsletters. They all agree that, considering that Windows 8.1 was available for download on the 17th (not the 18th), this article is stating that the Windows 8.1 version of Kaspersky will be available on the 18th of October.

This version of the article was posted on the 16th, hence the warning that people will have to remove KES 10 before updating to Windows 8.1.

It specifically says: "The new Windows version 8.1 will be available for download (upgrade" starting October 18, 2013", if this meant a new build of Kaspersky with support for Windows 8.1 will be available for download, it would state that.

It specifically says: "The new Windows version 8.1 will be available for download (upgrade" starting October 18, 2013", if this meant a new build of Kaspersky with support for Windows 8.1 will be available for download, it would state that.

No, if it meant Windows 8.1, it would have said "Windows 8.1 will be available..." Adding "Version" between them changes what they are referring to.

I'm sorry, but when you consider it was posted on October 16th, that Windows 8.1 was released on October 17th (A date that had been set for a long time), that the first sentence referrers to the current version of KES 10, and the verbiage that "The windows version 8.1", this reads to a normal person as "The current version of Kaspersky is not compatible with Windows 8.1, but the version for Windows 8.1 will be available on October 18th."

Maybe they screwed up in how they worded it, but I'm going by what it SAYS and not what they meant.

No, if it meant Windows 8.1, it would have said "Windows 8.1 will be available..." Adding "Version" between them changes what they are referring to.

No it doesn't. Windows 8.1 = Windows Version 8.1. 8.1 is the VERSION of Windows.

I'm sorry, but when you consider it was posted on October 16th, that Windows 8.1 was released on October 17th (A date that had been set for a long time), that the first sentence referrers to the current version of KES 10, and the verbiage that "The windows version 8.1", this reads to a normal person as "The current version of Kaspersky is not compatible with Windows 8.1, but the version for Windows 8.1 will be available on October 18th."

People interpret things differently. I am sorry that this is what you thought it meant.

Maybe they screwed up in how they worded it, but I'm going by what it SAYS and not what they meant.

It SAYS: "WINDOWS version 8.1" ... literally meaning the 8.1 version of Windows.

Well i'm a normal person and i certainly do not read it like that. The bottom line is that KES will support Windows 8.1 in December.

No it doesn't. Windows 8.1 = Windows Version 8.1. 8.1 is the VERSION of Windows.

People interpret things differently. I am sorry that this is what you thought it meant.

It SAYS: "WINDOWS version 8.1" ... literally meaning the 8.1 version of Windows.

You fail to read it in CONTEXT. Read the first sentence, then the second sentence in order.

Also, the fact that the RELEASE date for Windows 8.1 was the 17th, NOT the 18th.

You can try to defend them, but anyone with common sense reads this, in context, as referring to the version of KES 10 being available for download on the 18th.

You fail to read it in CONTEXT. Read the first sentence, then the second sentence in order.

Also, the fact that the RELEASE date for Windows 8.1 was the 17th, NOT the 18th.

You can try to defend them, but anyone with common sense reads this, in context, as referring to the version of KES 10 being available for download on the 18th.

This is going to be my last post in this thread.

As far as I know, I am a normal, average, American with English as my main language.

Reading this, in context, I still do not read it as you do. I understand how you read it that way... but that is not what I, or what anyone else I have talked to about this, has read from that KB article.

Again, we are very sorry that there was miscommunication. To put it bluntly:

KES will support Windows 8.1 in December.

There is no need for anyone to reply any more to this.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.