4rfvgy

Cannot uninstall PURE 3.0

Below is the conversation that I posted in the wrong forum:

I had Kaspersky PURE 3 on my computer. I wanted to update it to Kaspersky Ant-Virus because my license was about to expire on 3 and I recently got a good deal on KAV. However, I have made a HUGE mistake.

Like an idiot, I used the Kavremover.exe program to try to uninstall PURE 3. I have since discovered it doesn't uninstall PURE 3. It just partially uninstalled it and I can't uninstall it on the Add/Remove programs. Therefore I can't install KAV. For some strange reason, I don't have any restore points even though the service is turned on so I can't undo the partial uninstall. And on top of that, my keyboard has stopped working even though the light is on for it.

HELP!!

Maybe it helps to reinstall PURE. If successful, it should be possible to uninstall it. Hope this helps. :huh:

Thanks for the suggestion but I couldn't reinstall it since there was still a partial version still installed.

I also plugged the keyboard into another USB port but that didn't work either.

Also, in addition to what rudger indicates in the post above,

Are you Beta Testing > Kaspersky PURE 3? If not, please do not post in this Beta Testing section of this forum.

Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=265897

If you are not Beta Testing, please take just a few moments to review this forum and its manifold sections, so as to post in a

better section of this forum.

In addition, please take off caps lock and choose six key words that describe the issue, when you generate a topic title. Your topic title says nothing, except that you want to yell about a problem, but what? Less yelling, more description would be great for a topic title.

edit: add quote tags, and delete lots of extraneous copied/pasted posting information.

Edited by richbuff

I cannot run the KAVremover program since the keyboard doesn't work.

I tried making the ISO image program on a USB key but I got an error.

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

1. Description of the issue.

2. Screenshot of error

3. GSI

4. Installation logs

Tech Support will need the following files:

- kl-install-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log.enc1

- kl-setup-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log.enc1

- kl-preinstall-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log.enc1

- setupapi.app.log

- setupapi.dev.log

(or only setupapi.log for XP)

The last two files can be found in \Windows\inf folder

usually, before I uninstall Kaspersky product, I extract the 2 files (KasperskyPURE.msi and KasperskyPURE.cab) in the antivirus installer using 7zip, then copy the 2 files to the folder C: \ Windows \ installer, and then run the uninstall process is always successful, by this I do not need to use kavremover.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.