Sign in to follow this  
mclawler75

Anyone else been asked for this? P2V?

So, I've entered a couple of requests on the support site...ok, maybe more than a couple, and I keep getting asked for Logs, Traces, Dumps, GSI results...and lately I'm being requested to P2V my laptops/Desktops and ship the images to Moscow for troubleshooting.

Is anyone else getting requested this? I've done it for one computer...40gb image put on our corporate FTP site for them to grab and do whatever with, I'm not overly comfortable with giving out our Local Admin account to a company that I barely know.

Just curious if anyone else is going through this process.

Dear Michael!

We do need your PC images for troubleshooting. Sometimes it's hard to say what exactly causes issues. Of course we first try to reproduce the issues you meet in our test environment, but if we are unable, the best way to find the root cause is to have access to the machine where the issue is easily reproduced.

This is, however, a standard procedure in our workflow and we truly care of the confidentiality of your data.

Dear customers!

Your feedback is always received and is very appreciated, so feel free to leave your comments and wishes.

FYI other companies, including Microsoft, do this. Of course the third-party vendor has to make sure the issue isn't linked to a hardware/hardware driver failure.

FYI other companies, including Microsoft, do this. Of course the third-party vendor has to make sure the issue isn't linked to a hardware/hardware driver failure.

Interesting, i have never encountered this before. Not a huge deal, it just seemed very odd to have that request come in.

Interesting, i have never encountered this before. Not a huge deal, it just seemed very odd to have that request come in.

Hello,

Usually tech. support is asking to collect required logs but in some cases it is impossible for some reason and then an image could be requested. Furthermore, sometimes it can be a test machine that contains no private data.

They request it when logs aren't sufficient, which happens extremely rarely.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.