Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwathome

Heur:Exploit.Java.Generic

6 posts in this topic

Welcome. Please post the full, complete detection details. Post screenshot of Reports > Detailed Report > Detected threats.

Right click the Detected bar, and insure Path is selected. Right click the Detected bar again and insure File is selected.

Then post the screenshot with columns widened to show full detected and name and object and path/location details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

I am having a similar problem. Kaspersky is showing that I have a HEUR:Exploit.Java.generic trojan virus. It only gives me two options either archive the file or doing nothing (recommended). So far I have been selecting the "do nothing" since that is recommended. But scanning still shows a red alert. I tried doing what was recommended in another post and deleted my java cache and uninstalled and reinstalled Java to no avail. I have included a screenshot of my file location. Can anyone advise how to get rid of this virus?

post-486099-1381080261_thumb.png

I am getting a virus alert from Kaspersky that I am unable to clear. I get two options: archive the file or ignore (which is recommended-I chose this option). I saw some other posts about removing the Java cache and de-installing and reinstalling Java. This didn't work for me. Can anyone offer help?

post-486099-1381094655_thumb.png

I am having a similar problem. Kaspersky is showing that I have a HEUR:Exploit.Java.generic trojan virus. It only gives me two options either archive the file or doing nothing (recommended). So far I have been selecting the "do nothing" since that is recommended. But scanning still shows a red alert. I tried doing what was recommended in another post and deleted my java cache and uninstalled and reinstalled Java to no avail. I have included a screenshot of my file location. Can anyone advise how to get rid of this virus?

I thought that what I uploaded was the info you needed. Please advise me where the report you need would be found. Thanks. When Kaspersky gives me the virus detected message, there is no report with the pop up box. I opened up the program and looked under the "reports" tab. Is there another place?

I discovered the same problem this morning. The Kaspersky recommendation is 'Do not perform any actions' which is difficult to believe. Selecting the 'Neutralize All' button on the General Protection Status page doesn't respond.

Welcome. Thanks for the memories.

Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

And please clear your Java cache: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/plugin_cache.xml

After that, please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=271424

Cleaning the temp files has done the trick. I'm back on green. Thanks for the help.