yannickg

Removal task for Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi,

we have some Windows XP x86 PCs and Windows 7 x64 PCs that fail the removal process from Security Center 10, we tried to create task from the incompatible list and from the application registry list, always fails, anyone have the same problem?

Here's the MSE version we have 4.3.215.0 and 4.3.216.0.

Kaspersky support already sent new .ini files but it doesn't work any better.

Thanks

Hi,

COuld you please describe with more details what you are doing exactly and what errors occurs(if any)?

Could you also provide us with GSI report from one of affected PCs?

Well I'm running a task to uninstall incompatible apps remotely and it fails on some computers and is fine on other computers.

What is a GSI report?

we tried to create task from the incompatible list and from the application registry list, always fails

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of this error?

Could you provide us with kleaner logs (%temp%\kleaner.log.)?

Ive been having an issue since we got the software in July. They still haven't fixed it and we just found a script online to remove it for us so we closed our ticket and moved on. If they help you figure it out please post the answer here because I am still interested on what they had to do to get their software to work.

Sorry but we found another way to uninstall MSE so the GSI can't be made now.

Sorry Eddie but we ended up removing MSE with a script and some MS tools...I can send you my method in private if you want.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.