Juschi

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading

//Edit: Chat/filler content is Off for this topic.

Quote of the important post is On:

Doing that disables anti banner function,and kaspersky no longer detects web virus.Tested from Ecar test page.So basically it disables web antivrius.All this are BS solution.If patch D doesn't fix it gonna uninstall this piece of junk.Seriously how can a company screw something which was working fine on the previous version?Like seriously WTF.And what the need of spamming new version of AV every year?Why can't you just keep patching and optimising a set version.

Well,I am back up and running normal again. :beer:

I thought I had already updated my Net Framework version. I was wrong. I updated to version 4.5 and the internet is running at speed again. One note though. I don't like having the "monitor all network ports" unchecked. I don't understand how all this stuff works,so maybe there isn't any need to worry about it. I am glad though to have my internet back to normal again! :)

Greg

Add me to this list.

I previously was using the latest NIS 204 without any issues. Then I got the black friday email from Kaspersky and decided to jump on board for 3 years... Well that was a mistake--even typing in text within this box causes skipping every few letters.

Seems like this problem has been going on for a while with KIS 2014...and there's really no solution now???? :bravo: :dash1:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...9db64457ddbe3ce

i am having the same issues...web pages are loading ridiculously slow.i submitted a ticket to kaspersky technical support...

Did any of you check to see if unchecking "monitor all network ports" fixes your problem??

In settings under ADDITIONAL,click on NETWORK. Under MONITORED PORTS,click on SELECT. At the very bottom of the page uncheck the box. Hope it helps. :)

Greg

Also,

The helpful posts have been made more easily discoverable, due to continuing de-clutterification of this topic.

If your post is toast, then please do not post any more unhelpful content.

Chat/filler content is Off for this topic.

Quote of the important posts is On:

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading: If you already have patch C, and the issue remains, then the issue will be further addressed in the future, when the next autopatch D happens, [looks like some time in December.]

Do the following:

1. Remove KIS/KAV

2. Remove all .NET Framework versions installed

3. Install .NET Framework 4.5

4. Install KIS/KAV 2014

It should work for slow internetworking.

Please check if the problem persists with these settings:

In the main Kaspersky window go to Settings – Additional – Network – check “Monitor selected ports only”, in the upper table of common ports uncheck 80 and 8080 ports.

Please inform us of the results.

So has the slow browsing been fixed yet? Decided to install KIS2014 on my new Windows 7 build. What a mistake. Browsing was terrible. So I uninstalled straight away as I saw this was an ongoing issue. I am not installing again until I know that its definitely been fixed.

Cheers.

So has the slow browsing been fixed yet? Decided to install KIS2014 on my new Windows 7 build. What a mistake. Browsing was terrible. So I uninstalled straight away as I saw this was an ongoing issue. I am not installing again until I know that its definitely been fixed.

Cheers.

It should be fixed in patch D (Dec 10).

It should be fixed in patch D (Dec 10).

I thought you said this for patch C?

Anyway I will keep dipping into this thread for news.

Thanks.

Same problem here. Using win7 64bit with Intel Z87 motherboard. Patch B seems to improve a little browsing speed, but still slow in all browsers (IE, FF, Opera, Chrome). Using facebook or other intensive media sites (pictures, video, etc) is a nightmare! Back to KIS 2013 and all problems gone! KIS2014 is a nightmare! Waiting for a miraculous patch or for KIS2015!! ( Please don't code it with net.framework 4... I guess it's here the big problem... :)

I had the same issue with 2013 Kaspersky Internet Security after about 4 months of using it; that problem persisted for 8 months. I just installed 2014. Same problem. If I turn off the File Anti-Virus problem goes away. The same was true with 2013. I wish Kaspersky would just level with me about what is going on.

I had the same issue with 2013 Kaspersky Internet Security after about 4 months of using it; that problem persisted for 8 months. I just installed 2014. Same problem. If I turn off the File Anti-Virus problem goes away. The same was true with 2013. I wish Kaspersky would just level with me about what is going on.

Patch isn't released yet. The issue will not be fixed before it.

Due to some additional bugs decided to fix the patch will be release tomorrow (Dec 11).

I was having issues with KIS14, really slow web browsing speeds. Until I disabled either the AdBlock addin in Chrome or Anti-Banner in Kaspersky. It seems the 2 were conflicting. Not sure if this is any help to anyone else.

I was having issues with KIS14, really slow web browsing speeds. Until I disabled either the AdBlock addin in Chrome or Anti-Banner in Kaspersky. It seems the 2 were conflicting. Not sure if this is any help to anyone else.

Interesting. I have ABP running with Chrome browser myself. I think I will wait for the new release though before installing again.

I am running KAV 14.0.0.4651© under Windows 7 SP1 x64 with the latest patches and IE 11. Yesterday I was running the latest update of KAV 2013 with the same operating system and browser. When I upgraded, I did uninstall KAV 2013 retaining only the activation data. The upgrade process was unremarkable.

There seems to be a pause before web pages load since I upgraded KAV, especially if I go to a new site. I suspect KAV is the culprit. It does not happen every time, but often enough to be annoying. It may have something to do with the banner advertisements on the pages. Does KAV 2014 make more references to Kaspersky servers when opening a web page than 2013 did?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Unfortunately this version of Kaspersky is more like a beta version. I have been a user for the last 8 years, and if it is not fixed soon (license runs out 15 days) I will have to look elsewhere. I have to turn off protection just to view websites or they load too slowly. Have tried all fixes in this thread but they do not work for me. Please fix soon as i do not want to be forced to use another product

Unfortunately this version of Kaspersky is more like a beta version. I have been a user for the last 8 years, and if it is not fixed soon (license runs out 15 days) I will have to look elsewhere. I have to turn off protection just to view websites or they load too slowly. Have tried all fixes in this thread but they do not work for me. Please fix soon as i do not want to be forced to use another product
Welcome

Have you tried installing microsoft .net framework 4.5.1?

Also, there is the possiblility a GSI might provide some light: Please post the link of your GetSystemInfo report by following the four steps outlined here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...post&p=5395

Edited by rudger79

I see Richbuff has merged my post about KAV 2014 with this one, as it should have been. May I suggest the title of this thread be changed to KIS and KAV 2014 cause slow website loading. If I had read this thread, I would never have upgraded to 2014; KAV 2013 was functioning correctly.

A bit more information:

1) I am running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 SP1.

2) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 was installed, via Windows Update, on 4 Dec 2013; I upgraded to KAV 2014 on 11 December 2013, a week later. The Windows Update log lists the installation of .NET Framework 4.5.1 as "successful".

3) I shutdown the computer each night and do a cold boot each morning. The computer was booted many times between the .NET Framework 4.5.1 update and the KAV 2014 upgrade.

4) KAV 2014 has loaded from a cold boot at least three times - once after I installed it from the KAV 14.0.0.4651abcEN_5432.exe file that I downloaded from the Kaspersky U.S. site, again after I ran the first update, and finally this morning after an overnight shutdown.

I think Kaspersky has a big problem with 2014.

Echoing the sentiments of many users here, KIS and KAV 2013 were both great products, and I had no issues with it. Sadly, upgrading to KIS 2014 has been one of the biggest headaches as of late. Browsing has become a chore and almost unbearable at times. I often have to refresh a page because it refuses to load, or takes an absurd amount of time to load only to display a failure message. My internet connection remains stable during gaming and streaming, so it is beyond my comprehension as to why internet browsing is so abysmal.

I have been following this issue for a while, and Kaspersky staff have said it would be fixed first in patch B, then in patch C, and now in patch D (which has been delayed?). For the record, I was first running Windows 7, then Windows 8, and now Windows 8.1. I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 installed. I have tried to disable adblock and Kaspersky anti-banner amongst the many other suggestions in this thread, all to no avail.

I am coming to my wits end trying to wait this issue out. If there is no definite answer by patch D, I will uninstall this product and look for other products that can protect my computer without making browsing impossible. I really hope it doesn't have to come to that, so throw me a bone here please.

Edited by adoriane

I uninstalled KAV 2014 and installed my old copy of KAV 2013. After over 90 MB of updates I am back to where I was before all this started. Internet Explorer 11 is once again working properly.

KAV 2014 is not ready for "prime time".

Patch isn't released yet. The issue will not be fixed before it.

Due to some additional bugs decided to fix the patch will be release tomorrow (Dec 11).

Any news here ... ?

Well the patch is supposed to be released today(unless it gets pushed back once again) anyone who gets it please let us know if it works..

I confirm, patch d 'it's released and there is no longer a problem with slow loading pages ;)

Edited by debelanca