Juschi

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading

Clean install would be highly recommended, which would mean to uninstall any previous versions first and if needed, run the removal in safe mode once or twice.

Well I've been without Kaspersky for about a week now. Just installed this new version fresh. It started out about the same as the others, everything seemed ok, but after about a half hour of heavy web browsing everything slowed to a crawl like before. Uninstalling this one as before.

This product has been one serious waste of money for me.

I posted about Windows 7 OS, not on 8.1 yet.

Beradon, have you tried to do an update of databases then reboot a couple of times?

I posted about Windows 7 OS, not on 8.1 yet.

Beradon, have you tried to do an update of databases then reboot a couple of times?

Yep

BTW I'm on 8.1

I suppose the worst part about all of this for me is I bought KIS2014 on reputation because of issues I had been having with Bitdefender. But so far this has been significantly worse. With Bitdefender the issues existed but were rare. Having an issue with *all* web browsing is far more apparent than the few compatibility issues I experienced with Bitdefender, one of which even caused a BSOD.

And at this point Bitdefender has (finally) completed support of my ticket to them, and on top of that has tacked on 7 months of continued support to my license for the trouble I experienced (unfortunately due to the length of time it took, I had already purchased and installed KIS 2014). Admittedly it took them almost 8 months to figure out and fix the problems, but at least they got there. The Kaspersky support has essentially given me canned responses, including repeating those same canned responses in multiple emails to the issues I've experienced with web browsing, not readily admitting at any point that it is their own issue despite the apparent wide spread symptoms as are shown in this thread.

The differences in support between the two companies has been night and day. At no point did Bitdefender treat my issue as though it were unimportant, giving me advanced settings to pull additional logs very near the start of the troubleshooting process. There was almost an entire lack of canned responses from Bitdefender support staff, so while they were a bit slow, they treated me as though I were an intelligent user on the other end of the communication. So while they did need a little coaxing to get to the final resolution, which is not a positive mark in my book, it did get there.

Edited by Beradon

if I don't have any problems should I install kis2014_14.0.0.4651abEN_5305, I have patch C, ? what is the difference ??? using windows 8.1 64 bit user

A point of note for this discussion is that despite the fact that there is a new version to download (new downloaded version is Patch B ), once downloaded it updates to Patch C and becomes the same build as everyone else. So the downloaded version seems to be irrelevant.

Edited by Beradon

A point of note for this discussion is that despite the fact that there is a new version to download (new downloaded version is Patch B ), once downloaded it updates to Patch C and becomes the same build as everyone else. So the downloaded version seems to be irrelevant.

Exactly.No clue how that gold beta tester can just say it improves web performance.lol

kis2014_14.0.0.4651abEN_5305 is the newer one before it was kis2014_14.0.0.4651abEN_5096

The numbers on the very end after EN are just eStore link numbers, they aren't build numbers. The files are the same otherwise.

Beradon, can you PM me your case numbers?

Somehow I can no longer reproduce this problem on several machines.

Could be for a lot of reasons. On my own computer I did a clean reinstallation of Windows 8.1. On my father's laptop I updated the .net framework to the latest version and reinstalled KIS. In the latter case, the Windows firewall was disabled as it should be. That hasn't been done at the time of the first installation. On both computers web surfing is no longer impaired at all, without setting the Web-Anti-Virus to low or clearing the check for the box "Monitor all network ports for applications that are vulnerable to network attacks".

Do the following:

1. Remove KIS/KAV

2. Remove all .NET Framework versions installed

3. Install .NET Framework 4.5

4. Install KIS/KAV 2014

It should work for slow internetworking.

After further examination I have to extenuate my previous statement. KIS 2014 still has somewhat of an impact on web site loading, but not as heavy as it used to be. Notwithstanding you will notice the difference without KIS 2014.

Do the following:

1. Remove KIS/KAV

2. Remove all .NET Framework versions installed

3. Install .NET Framework 4.5

4. Install KIS/KAV 2014

It should work for slow internetworking.

I have win 8.It a;already has 4.5.

Glad I found this thread after wasting a few hours of my time testing.

I don't envy developers working on AV software, it's super complex stuff. Imo this is an example of poor beta testing and QA. I'm sure they will fix these bugs eventually, but this is not fun for folks using their machines for work and trying to be productive.

Unfortunately I have to bail on KIS. I may check it again in the future but I am losing faith after this and issues I had in the summer with kis 13.

Good luck with the product.

- Latest MS Framework is 4.5.1 not 4.5

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=40773

Browsing is also slow with 4.5.1

- If you unrar any archive from this site

http://giveawayoftheday.com/

the exe is broken without any prompt from KIS 2014. The exe work fine with KIS 2013

- KIS 2014 recognizes faulty my OS as Windows 7 Ultimate. My OS is Windows 7 Pro, KIS 2013 recognizes this right

I use KIS since 2007 and honestly I can't believe the whole situation after almost 3 months the release of KIS 2014

:|

Edited by mkekakis

Is there a fix for this issue? I just installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 yesterday and there was awful lag whenever i went to a web page or clicked a link. It would sit there 1-5 seconds before doing anything, and this was every time. I was in a chat room for work, and I thought it was broken since I posted a comment and it took several seconds before it appeared. I uninstalled/re installed and nothing. Rebooted twice. Nothing.

I had to uninstall it and I put on one of the free ones for now until this is fixed. Well, is there a fix, or just have to deal with very slow page loads and lag if I put it back on?

PS. I am on Windows 7, 64 Bit.

Edited by rag133

I just installed it yesterday on WIn 7 64bit and have the same problems. Was awful. Did the uninstall thing, nothing changed. Had to go to a free suite for now until this is fixed. Very unhappy with this so far, and cannot return it because of a main in rebate that took the UPC from the box.

I see that you have a "When?" question. :)

The universal answer for all "When?" questions is WIIR

When It Is Ready.

To sum: Sometime in the future, when it is ready.

---------------

Sorry, an error occurred. The board has enabled "When...?" flood control. Please try posting non-"When...?" content.

Please check if the problem persists with these settings:

In the main Kaspersky window go to Settings – Additional – Network – check “Monitor selected ports only”, in the upper table of common ports uncheck 80 and 8080 ports.

Please inform us of the results.

In the main Kaspersky window go to Settings – Additional – Network – check “Monitor selected ports only”, in the upper table of common ports uncheck 80 and 8080 ports.

Does nothing.Only disabling web antivirus fixes it.

As xfactor2012 posted,it doesn't change anything. Very frustrated with this. Paid for protection,but the only way my internet performs normally,is to have Kaspersky AV disabled!! <_<

Greg

//Edit: Chat/filler content is Off for this topic.

Quote of the important post is On:

Edited by richbuff