Juschi

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading

In addition to the several posts above,

From your Event Viewer: "Aplicação: Pplware.exe Versão do Framework: v4.0.30319 Descrição: O processo foi terminado devido a uma excepção não processada...."

Please follow the instructions that are posted here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=2121167

I have done that I have unistall avg tune up same problems with internet speed

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f025ddccf0827a2

Patch B works perfect for me but Patch C completely makes the Internet unusable on all browsers! It literally slows to a crawl and fails to load most websites. I'm running Windows 8.1 x64.

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading: If you already have patch C, and the issue remains, then the issue will be further addressed in the future, when the next autopatch D happens.

If you did not have this issue with patch B, and then when you received patch C the issue occurred, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

1. Description of the issue.

2. Screenshot, as needed.

3. GSI

There should be a notification, a message in the main window and a warning triangle in the tray icon.

But as I said you do not need to wait for the request. Actually, if you perform an update now and reboot afterwards you should have got the patch.

I have version 14.0.0.4651( B ). Does this version include the previously mentioned patch?

Edited by Thommo14

I have version 14.0.0.4651( B ). Does this version include the previously mentioned patch?

No, as already mentioned the last is called C, you have B patch......C patch like all patches will only become activate after a reboot and it will take until the end of the week before all users have gotten the patch.

Recently I installed KIS 2014 on my computers who had been running KIS2013 flawlessly for a year. Now I am also having massive loss of browser-performance on both computers running fully updated Vista (Home Premium 32 bit) and Win7 (Home Premium 64 bit), IE9 (fully updated) and latest Firefox. It is really painfully slow to navigate on the internet, and as soon as KIS 2014 (Version 14.0.0.4651 ©) is being disabled the loss of performance is gone making KIS the culprit. Please fix this issue - KIS is not a cheap product and I think one could expect such an issue to be fixed fast.

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading: If you already have patch C, and the issue remains, then the issue will be further addressed in the future, when the next autopatch D happens.

If you did not have this issue with patch B, and then when you received patch C the issue occurred, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

1. Description of the issue.

2. Screenshot, as needed.

3. GSI

How about the 2013? Is it possible to install on 8.1 and is it free of these problems?

I may still wait for the next patch with this C-version. I think this patch C is better than B, where web-performance was appalling...

For me (KIS 2014, Windows 8.1, x64 Pro) patch c brought even slower website loading. Very frustrating. Hope this will be resolved very soon. (Considering changing Internet security program, but have experienced that Bitdefender is no better for me to this respect).

Rgds,

HH

How about the 2013? Is it possible to install on 8.1 and is it free of these problems?

I may still wait for the next patch with this C-version. I think this patch C is better than B, where web-performance was appalling...

To answer myself, 2013 does not install to 8.1. I uninstalled 2014 and decided to wait for next patch. Using Windows Defender (aka Security Essentials) now.

Wasted money for this and if next patch does not fix these problems, this is the last time I use Kaspersky... Which makes me sad, but let's face it. This is not the way to handle things in this age. After years of being Kaspersky user, I am sorely disappointed.

Edited by MSuomi

To answer myself, 2013 does not install to 8.1. I uninstalled 2014 and decided to wait for next patch. Using Windows Defender (aka Security Essentials) now.

Wasted money for this and if next patch does not fix these problems, this is the last time I use Kaspersky... Which makes me sad, but let's face it. This is not the way to handle things in this age. After years of being Kaspersky user, I am sorely disappointed.

While waiting install a free AV app and don't use Windows Defender (aka Security Essentials) which Microsoft admitted is crap.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/38439...ivirus-rankings

I've had to uninstall KIS2014 for the time being as well. It's nearly impossible to browse the web properly, especially for a machine with a 4th gen i7 and a 40mbps broadband connection.

Yup. We had massive browser lock ups when anyone from my family played flash based games like Farmville 2 in Chrome 30 or IE 11. Uninstalled Kaspersky Antivirus 2014 and the issues were gone. I complained but they are asking me to go through some complicated report filling and data submission.

I will look for other alternatives. Maybe try out Kaspersky again after a month. But my current subscription of remaining 4 months is going waste.

Same here - almost impossible to use the Internet with KIS2014

Unfortunately going back to 2013 was not an option for me as that caused yet another problem - BSOD crashes when hibernating!

I have switched to an alternative product and so far it's looking good.

^^ I cannot go back to older versions of Kaspersky as they are unsupported in Windows 8.1

So kinda stuck with default Windows Defender.

I have wasted my time registering just to say that I'm also experiencing extreme browser slowness with Kaspersky 2014 with Windows 8.1.

It's a piss poor product and I'm even more appalled by the fact it hasn't been fixed yet.

I'll keep Kaspersky 2013 running on my other Windows 8 machines for now (which work flawlessly), but my main desktop will not be running this crap, I've waited long enough for a fix.

I have wasted my time registering just to say that I'm also experiencing extreme browser slowness with Kaspersky 2014 with Windows 8.1.

It's a piss poor product and I'm even more appalled by the fact it hasn't been fixed yet.

I'll keep Kaspersky 2013 running on my other Windows 8 machines for now (which work flawlessly), but my main desktop will not be running this crap, I've waited long enough for a fix.

don't get these comments ref Windows 8.1

I'm running KIS 2013 on Windows 8.1 with no issues whatsoever

don't get these comments ref Windows 8.1

I'm running KIS 2013 on Windows 8.1 with no issues whatsoever

Firstly, 2013 version isn't the issue here, but I'll respond any way...

I was also using KIS 2013 with Windows 8.1 (Upgraded* to 8.1 with KIS 2013 still installed). Then I was getting BSOD which I read may have been KIS 2013 being incompatible with 8.1, so I upgraded to 2014 version (Turns out cause was another program).

As posted above KIS 2014 was causing slow browsing (hence my post here), and you CAN'T install 2013 back on Windows 8.1 (Incompatible, does not allow installation - even if you change compatibility mode).

So yeah.. not that hard to understand. I've moved on and doubt I'll be touching Kaspersky any time soon.

*More of an "upgrade" than "update", seeing how you can't use system restore to go back.

Edited by scytherbladez

Instead of uninstalling KIS you guys can just add crome.exe to exclusion list.And then use add block as crome extension.You will lose all web realted KIS protection but at least no more browser slowness.Till this guys fix it with patch D.

i've just upgraded from kis 2013 to kis 2014. i've noticed that Chrome is much slower at browsing now. it says "waiting to connect" etc for a few seconds before the page changes from google search to the selected web site link.

if i turn off Web Anti-Virus in the kis Protection Center settings it speeds up! - but this is not ideal as it's no longer protecting against web based virus attacks.

was the Web Anti-Virus feature changed in kis 2014 to be more aggressive and intrusive?

why is it slower than kis 2013 was?

it could be something else causing this browser slow down i suppose - but i can't think what else to blame. ;)

outlook is also slower now, and my inbox emails do not open for a few seconds with an hour glass showing during this time.

if you know / or have an idea - please let me know.

thanks for your help.

:)

It's nothing new - KIS 2014 is causing slow internet browsing in many browsers. I'm just hoping Kaspersky is working on the issue..

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=274602

thanks for the link.

in that case i will consider down-grading to kis 2013.

also all users should raise this as a support request to kis lab as this will encourage them to fix it or lose customers.

:cb_punk: