Juschi

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading

Hello,

since about one month I have the problem that KIS 2014 is slowing down the loading of web pages. I can not reproduce it on a specific website, it happens randomly on nearly every website. Happens on all browsers I tried. Turning off the web-antivirus did not help, turning off compketely KIS did not help - so I uninstalled KIS completely and the loading problem is gone and everything works as it should. I tried it with Wlan and LAN, I installed the newest drivers, nothing helped. I did not change anything on my computer, I even made a rollback from backup, it seems there has been a KIS Update which is causing this. I am working now without any antivirus protection because I, as already said, uninstalled KIS completely to get rid of the problem. I have read here that other users had same problems but found no solution. I do not know what to do now.

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...dcc7662cac72486

Thanks.

Edited by Juschi

Hello,

Are you a kaspersky staff? What means "a few weeks"? I am now without any virus protection, is there no other option than not using what I have paid for?

Thanks

The Patch did not solve my problem. I went back to the 2013 Version, there is everything ok.

Today, I finally gave up on KIS 2014. I struggled with the slow loading of webpages for about a month. I waited until patch b came out, hoping that would solve the problem. It did not solve the problem for me. So I downloaded KIS 2013, used the kavremover tool to uninstall KIS 2014, installed KIS 2013, and the problem of slow loading webpages is gone.

I have also tried KIS 14 for the second time, just after Patch B was released. I'm sorry to report but the KIS 14 still has this occasional website loading slowness. I am using the latest Chrome. The easiest way to see this is if you open a new window in Chrome and search stuff, directly from the search bar on top. Sometimes the search to Google will take like 20 seconds, sometimes it will be a few seconds. This has never happened on KIS 13, which I've been using for a long time. This "slight" slowness is noticed right away because that feature is one of the most used when surfing the web. I will be moving back to KIS 13 until this is ironed out.

WIn 7 x64 Ulmtimate, fully updated with SP1

i7 2600K at 4.73Ghz

OS/Programs on Intel 520 SSD

2x4GB 1866mhz G.Skill sniper

Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3

OCZ ZX 1250W

Edited by Todiie

Patch B has been fully released. Please run databases updater and do a double reboot. If issue remains after that, please inform Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

Description of the issue.

GSI

Double boot might have helped. I will leave it for a few days to see if this was the problem.

Edited by Todiie

Just wanted to add I too am having this issue.

Did a clean install of Win 7 x64 and KIS2014 and noticed a lot of sites paused a bit before loading (or loaded a bit, paused, then finished loading)

I used Chrome and thought maybe it was some extensions causing it so I uninstalled all of them. Problem still persisted.

I then exit KIS and noticed the difference straight away! Please fix as its very annoying.

I also tried IE briefly but it seems to have the same issue.

Im currently on 14.0.0.4651 ( b )

Edited by auswill

Welcome. Patch B has been fully released. Please run databases updater and do a double reboot. If issue remains after that, please inform Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

1. Description of the issue.

2. GSI

Additionally, please see the seventh (7th) Important topic, and post your GSI report link.

I did update, reboot twice etc and it didnt help.

Ive submitted tech support request but while I wait for a response, Ive decided to go back to 2013.....issue is gone so definitely a problem with 2014.

Problem now is I cant seem to activate - activation fails. Is that because I had used my key on 2014 version and now I cant use it on 2013?

What is the full, exact activation error?

Check system date/time is correct, and check activation code and product match.

It just says failed

Check your internet connection and retry

It activated fine when I did it on 2014

If your internet connection is ok, then wait about 20 minutes and try again. If still no go, please contact Tech Support as I indicated in my previous posts.

Just wanted to add I too am having this issue.

Did a clean install of Win 7 x64 and KIS2014 and noticed a lot of sites paused a bit before loading (or loaded a bit, paused, then finished loading)

I used Chrome and thought maybe it was some extensions causing it so I uninstalled all of them. Problem still persisted.

I then exit KIS and noticed the difference straight away! Please fix as its very annoying.

I also tried IE briefly but it seems to have the same issue.

Im currently on 14.0.0.4651 ( b )

I am also having the same slow performance with Chrome, Version 30.0.1599.69 m. I also have Kaspersky Internet Security version 14.0.0.4651(B). I installed KIS 2014 about two weeks ago. Not only does Chrome, known for its speed, perform at about 1/2 speed or slower but several sites I have assigned for Safe Money act very, very slowly or not at all. Makes me wonder if Safe Money is really performing safely.

I have tried several sites using FireFox 24.0 and some sites seem to work well, others slowly and Safe Money again not well at all. Hope the Moderators and Kaspersky staff will communicate some ideas to solve this problem that is obviously related to KIS version 2014. I actually believe the 14.0.0.4651(a) version worked better than the (B) version. Is this more specifically related to 14.0.0.4651(B)? My KIS 2013 worked well but was it safe? Where do we stand as far as security? Is KIS 2014 providing good security if, as observed by so many, the performance is off so much?

Thanks for a solution and a clear answer from any KIS representative.

It's been 4 days with KIS 14 ( B ) and im going to have to say that I still have this slow website loading from time to time. It is not always, but it happens. The only software that I have on my PC is the Corsair Vengeance K90 keyboard software. Nothing else is running in my background or monitoring. Fully updated Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1. I regularly clean my system with CCleaner and Advanced System care + Intel SSD toolbox for the SSD. My windows Event Viewer is in perfect order with only a few warnings and very rarely any errors. KIS 13 was simply working, something was changed for KIS 14 and now its not 100%...

Edited by Todiie

I am also having the same slow performance with Chrome, Version 30.0.1599.69 m. I also have Kaspersky Internet Security version 14.0.0.4651(B). I installed KIS 2014 about two weeks ago. Not only does Chrome, known for its speed, perform at about 1/2 speed or slower but several sites I have assigned for Safe Money act very, very slowly or not at all. Makes me wonder if Safe Money is really performing safely.

I have tried several sites using FireFox 24.0 and some sites seem to work well, others slowly and Safe Money again not well at all. Hope the Moderators and Kaspersky staff will communicate some ideas to solve this problem that is obviously related to KIS version 2014. I actually believe the 14.0.0.4651(a) version worked better than the (B) version. Is this more specifically related to 14.0.0.4651(B)? My KIS 2013 worked well but was it safe? Where do we stand as far as security? Is KIS 2014 providing good security if, as observed by so many, the performance is off so much?

Thanks for a solution and a clear answer from any KIS representative.

I have done some tweeking to my Start Up Task Bar and removed two unnecessary icons, Dropbox (by Dropbox) and FlexNet (put there by DragonSpeak 12). I now have, and usually keep, a bare minimum number of icons or startup programs in the tray but had allowed these two until I ascertained that, for me, they were not needed. This has speeded up the initial KIS startup routine and some of the network searches. There are still many websites that remain quite slow and which were not slow under KIS 2013. Just a little update on this issue.

Same problem here. Using win7 64bit with Intel Z87 motherboard. Patch B seems to improve a little browsing speed, but still slow in all browsers (IE, FF, Opera, Chrome). Using facebook or other intensive media sites (pictures, video, etc) is a nightmare! Back to KIS 2013 and all problems gone! KIS2014 is a nightmare! Waiting for a miraculous patch or for KIS2015!! ( Please don't code it with net.framework 4... I guess it's here the big problem... :)

Welcome. Patch B has been fully released. Please run databases updater and do a double reboot. If issue remains after that, please inform Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

1. Description of the issue.

2. GSI

Additionally, please see the seventh (7th) Important topic, and post your GSI report link.

I have also have had the problem with pages loading slow so I uninstalled KIS 2014 and installed Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 and what a difference in pages loading. I will have to wait until they get this fixed with a patch. I am a Kaspersky fan and will be back when they fix this. Patch b did not fix it for me.

I have recently bought KIS 2014, but am very reluctant to install it. If I use the KIS 2014 license on my current KIS 2013, will I still be able install KIS 2014 at a later date when all the bugs are ironed out. ?

If I use the KIS 2014 license on my current KIS 2013, will I still be able install KIS 2014

Hello,

Your KIS 2014 license is valid for KIS 2013 and will of course allow you to activate KIS 2014.

It is also recommended to unsinstall KIS 2013 before upgrading to KIS 2014.

Hello,

Your KIS 2014 license is valid for KIS 2013 and will of course allow you to activate KIS 2014.

It is also recommended to unsinstall KIS 2013 before upgrading to KIS 2014.

Many thanks, thought I may be able to use the license as I had done so with previous versions, but thought it wise to check first as I didn't want it bite me in the backside.

Yes I always uninstall previous version before upgrading, in fact I don't bother using the disk. I check Kaspersky support for latest version and install that.

Hopefuly it wont be to long before the teething problems are ironed out.

Edited by Zozzer

There is a bug in Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 which slows down a few seconds, too, the loading of web pages.

Often you have to charge several times the pages before they are displayed.

Many users complain about the problem, just read the open threads on the forum, even the Italian forum.

The patch to fix the problem should be a top priority for a serious company like Kaspersky, we hope so!