Sign in to follow this  
MSFCH

Updater.exe command line parameters + ss_storage field format

Hello all,

I am looking for the functionnality of some command line parameters that could be used with updater.exe

What can I do with the following parameters:

-r : seems to be unusable with -u

-m <string> : is it for a personalized warning message ?

I find (not a big discovery at all) that you can edit the ss_storage.ini file. All parameters could be defined in it.

I don't understand the format used for the schedule's parameters in variables:

- StartAtTimeValue

- LastStartTime

- NextStartTime

Do these values impact the process when launch from command ? In fact, imagine I launch the updater.exe at 11h00 with a scheduled task. What happens if the variable StartAtTimeValue is set with 12h00 ?

Big thanks in advance,

Regards

Sorry but you are asking for the Kaspersky Kaspersky Updater 2012 and not for Update Utility 2.0.

Read this KB1164 for the configuration file.

Thank you Helmut,

I still had found this topic, but the parameters I look for are not documented.

Sorry for my inversion in the updater version

I find (not a big discovery at all) that you can edit the ss_storage.ini file. All parameters could be defined in it.

I don't understand the format used for the schedule's parameters in variables:

- StartAtTimeValue

- LastStartTime

- NextStartTime

Please note that ss_storage.ini is used for storing the configuration for both the update utility (updater.exe) and the GUI (KasperskyUpdater.exe). The settings you mentioned belong to the GUI. The update utility does not have schedule functionality.

I believe the format for these settings is "days since December 30, 1899" or something like that. But I would recommend to use the GUI for changing the schedule settings.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.