Wolly747

What does "Not processed" mean?

9 posts in this topic

v 14.0.0.4651(a), W7 SP1, Firefox 23.0.1

Every scan I do I get a variable no. of files in the report "Not processed" (63 today).

I've searched high and low but cannot find any reference to this: exatly what are these files, and why are they not "processed"?

I also have the same thing (around 127 not processed on first scan). But after running scan 3 - 4 times now Not processed is showing zero. Also KIS 2014 documentation does not contain information about not processed items. I would like to tell that I have set no exclusion list in KIS 2014. So what is this Not processed item in KIS 2014 scan ? :unsure:

Edited by dipayansarkar

I also have the same thing (around 127 not processed on first scan). But after running scan 3 - 4 times now Not processed is showing zero. Also KIS 2014 documentation does not contain information about not processed items. I would like to tell that I have set no exclusion list in KIS 2014. So what is this Not processed item in KIS 2014 scan ? :unsure:

I've done half a dozen scans with 2014 and the number of "not processed" files is gradually increasing, not going to zero!

Usually "not processed" refers to inaccessible objects or objects skipped by the user (exclusions, canceled scan, ...).

You can enable the logging of non-critical events (in Settings -> Additional -> Reports and Quarantine). Then future scan reports should mention which files were not scanned and for what reason.

Edited by JanRei

Usually "not processed" refers to inaccessible objects or objects skipped by the user (exclusions, canceled scan, ...).

You can enable the logging of non-critical events (in Settings -> Additional -> Reports and Quarantine). Then future scan reports should mention which files were not scanned and for what reason.

Thanks for that - I'm still finding my way around Kaspersky! I've set those reports and will check what transpires.

I assume I can see the log via "Reports"?

Yes.

By the default reports only contain critical events like detected threats. With logging of non-critical events enabled it will be more detailed and also contain events of the other processed (or not processed) objects.

Yes.

By the default reports only contain critical events like detected threats. With logging of non-critical events enabled it will be more detailed and also contain events of the other processed (or not processed) objects.

Watch - as they say - this space!

Yes.

My presumption from your response is that in any case Not Processed files are NOT critical files. Is this presumption correct?

Additionally, my recommendation to the programmers and interface designers at Kaspersky, is that for upgrades, any changes to reported items or the way the user would perceive results of scans should be highlighted and very clearly explained. I could not find any highlights or explanations for Not Processed files and in fact am still looking for a complete explanation as I post this reply.

"Not processed" does not refer to detected threats if you mean that.

If you have active threats the security status in the main window will be yellow or red. Green status means that there are no active threats.