pcpranav

KSC10 - location of Windows patches

KSC10 - Systems Management:

considering the KSC acts as WSUS Server, which folder are the Windows Updates (patches) stored ?

what if in future, the KSC server needs to be changed (db restore will be done), can we also import the Win patch data on new server, so as to not again perform the downloads.

assuming the installation drive of KSC is full (database, packages, Win Updates etc), can we later point to another empty drive ? procedure ?

thnx

so many view, not a single response!

when using Win patching via KSC, what can be the rescue mechanism when the default drive gets full ?

Hi Pranav,

you know I have the very same question as my drive got full with all the patches and I had to kill the updates.

From what I know the files are stored in C:\ProgramData\KasperskyLab\adminkit\1093\.working folder. I had 60GB of data there.

Speaking to tech support they say that the location cannot be changed. Also I believe changing the location of the programdata folder location makes you windows install unsupported. :-)

I am hoping that someone will prove me wrong as currently this makes using Kaspersky as a WSUS server unusable for me.

Hope this helps.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.