brmajumder

Unable to block VLC media player [In progress]

Hi,

I am using Kaspersky Security centre 10.0.3361 with Kaspersky endpoint Security 10.1.0.867. I am trying to block different application from application startup control by creating category on application category in workstation policy. I was trying to make category from choosing KL Category . When i was choosing BROWSER then it will block all browser in group. But when i was trying to block VLC media player then choosing Players from all MULTIMEDIA and GOLDEN IMAGE and adding the category on application startup control . Then only Windows media player is blocking but VLC media player or any other player is not blocking.

Pls find the screenshot as attached.

Pls help me in this regards.

Biswajit R.Majumder

post-443625-1377770794_thumb.jpg

post-443625-1377770835_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am using Kaspersky Security centre 10.0.3361 with Kaspersky endpoint Security 10.1.0.867. I am trying to block different application from application startup control by creating category on application category in workstation policy. I was trying to make category from choosing KL Category . When i was choosing BROWSER then it will block all browser in group. But when i was trying to block VLC media player then choosing Players from all MULTIMEDIA and GOLDEN IMAGE and adding the category on application startup control . Then only Windows media player is blocking but VLC media player or any other player is not blocking.

Pls find the screenshot as attached.

Pls help me in this regards.

Biswajit R.Majumder

create a new category and add vlc from application registry.

create a new category and add vlc from application registry.

Hi,

From application registry it was done, but i need it from KL category.

same problem, not able to block typical software couldnt be blocked using the Category.

VLC Media Player:

- http://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/catalogu...rch/vlc%20media (you will find VLC mentioned in various categories)

- not sure if the same categorization is also in the "updates"

- http://whitelist.kaspersky.com/advisor# (upload your vlc.exe) and you can find its already popular & safe. so no point that it isnt categorized!

Windows Media Player

- http://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/catalogu...0media%20player

- you can see this software is listed in various sections (Multimedia, OS related, Win components, etc)

- again, now sure that even this is rightly categorized in the "updates"

- even when I allow only OS related category, the WMP isnt blocked

maybe the main point is unable to block certain appli using Appli Category !! can somebody confirm on the "update" contents.

same problem, not able to block typical software couldnt be blocked using the Category.

VLC Media Player:

- http://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/catalogu...rch/vlc%20media (you will find VLC mentioned in various categories)

- not sure if the same categorization is also in the "updates"

- http://whitelist.kaspersky.com/advisor# (upload your vlc.exe) and you can find its already popular & safe. so no point that it isnt categorized!

Windows Media Player

- http://whitelisting.kaspersky.com/catalogu...0media%20player

- you can see this software is listed in various sections (Multimedia, OS related, Win components, etc)

- again, now sure that even this is rightly categorized in the "updates"

- even when I allow only OS related category, the WMP isnt blocked

maybe the main point is unable to block certain appli using Appli Category !! can somebody confirm on the "update" contents.

Till now we did not get any solution on this , can somebody help us to solve this issue.

Hi,

From application registry it was done, but i need it from KL category.

Hi,

Could you please clarify what exactly was done from application registry, did you create a new category?

Thank You!

Hi,

Could you please clarify what exactly was done from application registry, did you create a new category?

Thank You!

Hi,

I have created a category where choose from KL category like Browser, Games, video player and block it from startup control. But it not possible.

All application like as vlc media player , games latest version are not blocking. All are opening.

I want to block Vlc media player / any other media player and games for using KL category Games, video player ..

Please help me .

Hi,

Could you please confirm that your license supports such a functionality?

Thank you!

Yes Sir, They are using KESB-Select Licence..

Hello.

You can create a CompanyAccount request for resolution.

Please let us know the incident number after that.

Incident number -- INC000002340017 ..

Hello!

Please kindly attach the following information to your incident:

1. GSI report from one of the affected hosts.

2. Enable product traces

- reproduce the issue

- stop collecting traces

3. Send us:

- collected traces

- export of the event logs (Kaspersky, Application, System)

- export of the active policy.

4. Attach all collected information to the incident.

Thank You!

Hello!

Please kindly attach the following information to your incident:

1. GSI report from one of the affected hosts.

2. Enable product traces

- reproduce the issue

- stop collecting traces

3. Send us:

- collected traces

- export of the event logs (Kaspersky, Application, System)

- export of the active policy.

4. Attach all collected information to the incident.

Thank You!

sir,

pls find the above log files attached except event logs (Kaspersky, Application, System)

pls do the needful asap.

regards

Suman Dey

new_policy.rar

GetSystemInfo_PC_user_2014_05_26_14_11_05.zip

traces.rar

sir,

pls find the above log files attached except event logs (Kaspersky, Application, System)

pls do the needful asap.

regards

Suman Dey

Dear Sir,

Now i have attached the event logs (Kaspersky, Application, System) as per your requirement.

regards,

Suman Dey

event.rar

Dear Sir,

Now i have attached the event logs (Kaspersky, Application, System) as per your requirement.

regards,

Suman Dey

I have upload all report in CSS also, incident ID INC000002340017.

I have upload all report in CSS also, incident ID INC000002340017.

Thank You!

We will continue investigation in the request.

Best Regards,

Vitaly Kravtsov.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.